Hacking New Wii... something is wrong.

5t0rm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
let me start by thanking in advance any feedback or ideas or even a friendly tutorial.

I bought a "new" Wii that supposedly was softmoded but when I got home and tried to run a backup... nothing happens. I already have a backup in USB through Wii Backup Manager but I cant start it.

From what I read until now I believe that I'm missing an SD-Card with something inside... The only thing I have in the Wii Dashboard is a screen with one Wiiflow icon and Homebrew channel icon. The wiiflow doesn't do nothing but the Homebrew Channel opens and its only a blue screen.

Can someone help me to check if I have a softmoded wii and be my Jedi Knight and guide me on the path to make this an updated and running machine?

Thanks a lot for you attention and sorry for the English.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew apps can be kept on the SD card or USB drive. If you're missing an SD card, check the USB drive for an apps folder. If you don't have one, that's why only the Homebrew Channel (which is installed to the Wii itself) is the only thing loading.

Edit: In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a Sith Lord leading you on the path to the dark side, not a Jedi Knight.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Clutz450

5t0rm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew apps can be kept on the SD card or USB drive. If you're missing an SD card, check the USB drive for an apps folder. If you don't have one, that's why only the Homebrew Channel (which is installed to the Wii itself) is the only thing loading.

Edit: In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a Sith Lord leading you on the path to the dark side, not a Jedi Knight.

I don't have either. The USB I have is mine and only thing there is the backup I loaded.

Since I don't know much about this.. I'll follow any path (I also believe that the dark side is more fun).

5t0rm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are right Lacius. That's the way to go.
Also, I followed the update guide from Portugeek and now I have the system up to date.

Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel