Gaming New Vita Firmware 2.10 Update Adds Folders & More! (2.11 OUT NOW)

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
...I really don't like the 3DS's layout myself, actually. It's just so dull and uninspired, reminiscent of old PDA's.
I think its safe to say, they both need an update, but from looking at the Wii's system menu and its never having major changes im not betting on it..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LOL about time sony 3DS has had folders for a long time now
wow folders what is this nintendo jeez sony stop copying original ideas
  1. The 3DS is in no way relevant in a thread about PSVita's System Update.
  2. Folders are not an "original idea", folders are a really old concept - it mimics actual folders, in real life, y'know.
  3. When did this become a "Let's enumerate what the 3DS has that the PSVita doesn't" thread? because it works both ways, y'know. That's right, enjoy your non-multitouch resistive screen, your hideous second analog stick add-on that looks like a tumour on the system... oh wait, I forgot, you don't have sticks, you have sliders... oh, and that lovely lack of Bluetooth, those lovely save file-locked cartridges (rare but does happen), the crappy web browser and so-on and so-forth.
Now, my point isn't to compare the two systems - to the contrary, I think that such comparison would be damn silly in a thread about a system update for the PSVita that just so happens to be good.

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just picked up a dead cheap Vita a few days ago and was wondering why I couldn't play any vids online, guess this solves my problem :) Now I just wish Sony brings the Neflix/Lovefilm app to the EU store.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
He meant that 3DS has no (good) gaems but he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

;O;
That my dear geo was a jest to 3DS fanboys that the 3DS has no games to put in it's folders while the PSVita does. :D

Haha! Goodness, I need sleep. :'D

Anyways, very good. Watching the video and seeing the Vita's video and messaging features reminded me just how multifaceted the device is! 3DS and Vita users can be as snarky to each other as they want, but at the end of the day, Sony and Ninty have very different ideas as to what handhelds should be.

Reactions: Qtis

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Haha! Goodness, I need sleep. :'D

Anyways, very good. Watching the video and seeing the Vita's video and messaging features reminded me just how multifaceted the device is! 3DS and Vita users can be as snarky to each other as they want, but at the end of the day, Sony and Ninty have very different ideas as to what handhelds should be.
Golden Quote of the Day, they indeed do and they always have. Neither approach is inferior, they're just different in a variety of aspects.

Reactions: geoflcl

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that people can argue about the DASHBOARD is stupefying--do you guys spend hours and hours staring at rows icons???

Here's how it should work:

1. Wake system up/turn it on.
2. Select game.
3. Play.

But, apparently, I"ve been missing such important things as:

*Icon design and color!
*Icon layout and placement!

And let's not forget:

*Blast Processing!

(Sorry wrong decade and wrong flame war, but what was stupid then--without the Internet--has now been magnified and amplified into utter and complete inanity/banality/insanity.)

Anyway, I'll be over here, playing games on both, waiting for sanity to prevail.*

*Yeah, I know, fat chance.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad my memory card's not big enough to hold all my games, I don't have much use for the folder feature except for hiding the system apps. And I'm still waiting for WPA-Enterprise support, one of the only things keeping me from playing during my lunch breaks.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've just updated and... wow, I would've never imagined that simply introducing Folders will make the number of Tabs shrink so substantially - 8 Tabs are now just 3 and I'm pretty damn glad about that, not to mention that it's tidier this way. Now, if only Folders could have their own Tabs so that you can store more than 10 items in them... I currently have to have two folders for PSPlus games and I'd rather have just one. Still, big improvement.

Reactions: macmanhigh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A...