Homebrew New VBA GX fork (2.3.0)

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen width was increased some more to match the GB's pixel aspect ratio. You can read the previous pages where I explain it a couple of times, there's also a compare of the GB Player with this change.

I even mentioned this would happen and the file browser would need to be shifted 32 pixels to return to the safe area. I have now attempted this in the .dol below(source file included), if it works for you I may submit a pull request for Libertyernie to review or he could just grab the source in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/811xoqrkjno9vxn/vbagx_shifted.zip?dl=0

Looking back a number of pages i see this conversation about the same issue I reported. I will give this revision a try and see how it works. Thanks superrsonic!

Edit: Tried it and it solved the issue I reported. The game cover now overlaps half of the scroll up/down bar, but I can at least now see the names. Thanks!

Last edited by ngs428,

isa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry im not sure where else to go but i have a 10 hr save file of a pokemon emerald hack and wanted to grind levels quickly so i loaded the .sav into no$gba but when i replace the sav in vba gx it won't load and just gives the option for new game how would i fix this? i've also done the exact same thing for a different emerald hack but this time it won't recognize the .sav :^(

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The screen width was increased some more to match the GB's pixel aspect ratio. You can read the previous pages where I explain it a couple of times, there's also a compare of the GB Player with this change.

I even mentioned this would happen and the file browser would need to be shifted 32 pixels to return to the safe area. I have now attempted this in the .dol below(source file included), if it works for you I may submit a pull request for Libertyernie to review or he could just grab the source in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/811xoqrkjno9vxn/vbagx_shifted.zip?dl=0
Thanks for the fix! Is awesome :yay:
A request...is possible to share fce ultra gx and snes9x gx (4.2.9 version) with the same correction for 4:3 screen in the file browser ?

Reactions: sindrik

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone try to fix the glitched coloured ROM hacks with the source of VBA 1.8.0-Beta 3?
I have already tested Metroid 2 DX (colourized ROM hack) with VBA-M but it does the same thing that VBAGX does, the only version of the emulator I have tested so far that displays the colourized ROM hacks for both Metroid 2 DX and Super Mario Land 2 DX is VBA 1.8.0-Beta 3.

Here's a link I found to the source code:
https://nitroboy.googlecode.com/files/VBA-1.8.0-b3-src.7z

If anyone can fix those games, damn I'd be thankful!
@libertyernie hope this could help out to fix that issue.

Notshane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is insane that it supports the Pro Controller. I hope this does something similar to Nintendont where it can support the Gamecube Adapter soon. Hell, I hope all of the other emulators do that soon. I have SO many custom controllers that only go into the Gamecube port on the Wii and it bugs me that I have no way of using them, until Nintendont came around. What a beautiful creation that was for opening up the potential that more people can incorporate that adapter into their emulators.

Truly, this emulator is an improvement as I can run Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town at full speed now, as it stuttered in the town before. However, pixel perfect mode is shoddy, as it stretches fine in 1x and 2x, but zooms in and cuts the left and right sides of the screen a bit at 3x. This is from running it on the Wii U obviously, judging from my first comment about the Pro Controller.

Aside from this, the upgrade is pretty much perfect; providing an even bigger array of new features than the last. I hope someone makes a Nintendo 64 emulator this good one day. Want to play Harvest Moon 64 on the Wii U so bad.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
3X is 3 times the 240X160 GBA resoluton, meaning 720X480 so in a 640X480 Wii output you will lose some screen estate.
Btw, iirc Not64 plays Harvest Moon 64 quite well.

Notshane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3X is 3 times the 240X160 GBA resoluton, meaning 720X480 so in a 640X480 Wii output you will lose some screen estate.

On my Wii U, I have a Homebrew Channel that is capable of widescreen now, so how do I get the 3X option to fit my screen? :(

Btw, iirc Not64 plays Harvest Moon 64 quite well.

No way. It glitches up in town so much and runs horribly slow whenever I am walking across my farm land. The music stutter is gone with Not64, but it still runs choppy. What version do you have? Is there an update?

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my Wii U, I have a Homebrew Channel that is capable of widescreen now, so how do I get the 3X option to fit my screen? :(

No way. It glitches up in town so much and runs horribly slow whenever I am walking across my farm land. The music stutter is gone with Not64, but it still runs choppy. What version do you have? Is there an update?

Not64 20150205 is the latest. According to the compatibility list it works well.

Notshane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not64 20150205 is the latest. According to the compatibility list it works well.

Still runs pretty choppy whenever I run across my farm land, but the town does not seem as slow anymore. Still suffers lots of load times as well.

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to disable RTC, specifically to avoid the berry glitch that occurs in Pokémon R/S/E when loading a native cartridge SRAM as a ".sav" file and then using it with VBA. VBA and VBA-M/VBA GX all store RTC in the file differently than the native cartridge's do, and normally this isn't an issue when playing the game for the entirely via emulator/retail cartridge, but interchangeably, the game is confused by conflicting RTC data, and therefore, cause the glitch to occur (permanently).

So... I have a retail Emerald cart that I enjoy playing on the go with my GB Micro, and would love to be able to play it on VBA GX on my Wii when at home. Anyway I can disable this feature altogether? (I'm sure there is a way to do this in the RTC source files, just need direction on what I need to do) :P

Thank you so much!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues using wiimotes with this? Once i load up vbagx the wiimote just shuts down, pressing a button on the wiimote to turn it back on again does nothing. It is an official 1st party nintendo wiimote.

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone having issues using wiimotes with this? Once i load up vbagx the wiimote just shuts down, pressing a button on the wiimote to turn it back on again does nothing. It is an official 1st party nintendo wiimote.
Are you using a forwarder? For some apparent reason I've been hearing people having issues with Wiimotes not being recognized when launching the app via a Wii channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn