• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except by dismantling the EPA he's kind of screwing over future generations (don't try and tell me coal is a clean resource)

It isn't, I'm all for alternative sources, just don't make me choose wind power, I like the idea of solar so much more, as I think it's a helluva lot more reliable than wind. I just want costs to go down and to have solar more readily available, we get a fair bit of sunlight where I live. Now, if I lived in the southern part of my state, we'd get an average of 300 days with sunlight.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't, I'm all for alternative sources, just don't make me choose wind power, I like the idea of solar so much more, as I think it's a helluva lot more reliable than wind. I just want costs to go down and to have solar more readily available, we get a fair bit of sunlight where I live. Now, if I lived in the southern part of my state, we'd get an average of 300 days with sunlight.
Solar and wind together is actually a pretty unstoppable combination (usually when it's not sunny it's windy)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solar and wind together is actually a pretty unstoppable combination (usually when it's not sunny it's windy)

I just want it to be viable and affordable and no longer have to rely on fossil fuels, is that too much to want? As for Trump, I have my reasons why I didn't want you-know-who to win, but I still my tongue and will not elaborate the reasons on here, maybe on a personal/private blog, but the responses would be far too toxic for speaking my mind. But I digress. I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't want to spend the next four years living in fear. Speaking one's mind on the internet is a death sentence.

Edit: I can't help but feel I've already pissed off innumerable amounts of people just by trying to be neutral and honest.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't living in fear, but you are scared of posting anonymously on a Gameboy internet forum and liken it to a death sentence?

No, I'm scared of what people will do if I dare voice an opinion that isn't aligned with theirs, i.e. why I like X candidate more than Y candidate, etc, etc. See the trouble with voicing my opinions and political beliefs on here, anonymity or not, is that people who know me on here and outside on other social media sites is that they will think less of me because my views don't agree with theirs. Because of that, I feel a self-imposed injunction and fear that they will hate my effing guts if I don't agree with them.

If I can't voice my views and opinions on politics without retaliation, being called out, verbally crucified, what am I supposed to do?! Knowing that someone will be offended by my political views is what drives me in not wanting to express them at all.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want it to be viable and affordable and no longer have to rely on fossil fuels, is that too much to want? As for Trump, I have my reasons why I didn't want you-know-who to win, but I still my tongue and will not elaborate the reasons on here, maybe on a personal/private blog, but the responses would be far too toxic for speaking my mind. But I digress. I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't want to spend the next four years living in fear. Speaking one's mind on the internet is a death sentence.

Edit: I can't help but feel I've already pissed off innumerable amounts of people just by trying to be neutral and honest.
@Blood Fetish has a point. You're better off finding common ground and promoting discussion than trying to censor yourself. I for one don't have any negative intent when posting or replying here, I'm just trying to gauge others opinions and see if I can get people to see things from my point of view (and vice versa)

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Blood Fetish has a point. You're better off finding common ground and promoting discussion than trying to censor yourself. I for one don't have any negative intent when posting or replying here, I'm just trying to gauge others opinions and see if I can get people to see things from my point of view (and vice versa)

Easier said than done I'm afraid, I don't even know if I have what it takes to carry on an intelligent discussion with politics, esp. with the way the world is going now. *Sigh* I just don't know anymore.

Fucking hell, I don't even know what to feel.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except by dismantling the EPA he's kind of screwing over future generations (don't try and tell me coal is a clean resource)

Obama tried to dismantle my future generations with the stupid taxes he had me pay for this liberal crap and that liberal crap so that people don't feel "sad". I've damn near paid 120k to the government in the last 4 years. Not anymore!

Last edited by el_gonz87,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically that money wasn't even ours to begin with
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ent-hostages-editorials-and-debates/88070214/

And besides, for determined people a wall isn't going to really do anything

Apparently, people forgot about aviation.

Obama tried to dismantle my future generations with the stupid taxes he had me pay for this liberal crap and that liberal crap so that people don't feel "sad". I've damn new paid 120k to the government in the last 4 years. Not anymore!

I hated Obamacare for one reason, and one reason only, that damn penalty BS. I mean, really, did they have to make people like me who doesn't even have a chance to afford minimum coverage? I don't make enough given all my bills I have to pay >.>

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obama tried to dismantle my future generations with the stupid taxes he had me pay for this liberal crap and that liberal crap so that people don't feel "sad". I've damn new paid 120k to the government in the last 4 years. Not anymore!
Except that was actually going towards making sure people could actually get healthcare, as opposed to making it easier for corporations to burn through our atmosphere

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically that money wasn't even ours to begin with
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ent-hostages-editorials-and-debates/88070214/

And besides, for determined people a wall isn't going to really do anything

Wall + end of sanctuary cities and criminalizing illegal immigration (as it should be) will. Let Paco sit in an american jail cell for extradition, no burritos served in jail my friend!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Except that was actually going towards making sure people could actually get healthcare, as opposed to making it easier for corporations to burn through our atmosphere

Then regulate health care, that is the worst implementation I have ever seen to get things accomplished. Give me a break, 22% premium increase? Is that fair for the entire country? I get people are suffering, but don't just slap the other 60% country with the burden because it's the easy thing to do!

Byebye ObamaCare heloooooooo TrumpCare! MAGA'd

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Penalizing people who can't afford it was pretty stupid of them, it doesn't help or motivate, it only makes us not want it even more.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wall + end of sanctuary cities and criminalizing illegal immigration (as it should be) will. Let Paco sit in an american jail cell for extradition, no burritos served in jail my friend!
But how do you catch an undocumented immigrant except at the point they enter the country or they are arrested for a separate crime?

Then regulate health care, that is the worst implementation I have ever seen to get things accomplished. Give me a break, 22% premium increase? Is that fair for the entire country? I get people are suffering, but don't just slap the other 60% country with the burden because it's the easy thing to do!

Byebye ObamaCare heloooooooo TrumpCare! MAGA'd
Premiums were rising well before the ACA

Reactions: SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how do you catch an undocumented immigrant except at the point they enter the country or they are arrested for a separate crime?

You dn't need to catch the ones you haven't found yet. Just send all the ones that you have found back and the others will get the message. This has been done before with great success.

True this is a combination of the government(over-regulation) and good old corporate greed.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think the wall will deter a lot, and those bold enough to climb it should be considered criminals if caught for any reason then spend some time in jail before getting shipped back to Mexico (their actually country).

I laugh when I see the Mexicans at riots with "not my president" signs, you are right your president is Enrique Peña Nieto! Hehe

That statement you are making is an alternative fact, and you should know better LOL!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...miums-to-increase-substantially/#28b10b3c46e3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ