Gaming New to PSP, no idea where to start. :(

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sensitive PSP is a 1.50 kernel homebrew....i don't have a lot of spare bandwidth to download so i can only guess that Mayhem is too (if it has the two folder components, one with a % in the name it is).

To get those to stand even a hope of running you'd need to use Leda or Time Machine.

Edit...oh and since no one else will say it...double kudos to you for trying Jamie Fuller's games.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
xist said:
Sensitive PSP is a 1.50 kernel homebrew....i don't have a lot of spare bandwidth to download so i can only guess that Mayhem is too (if it has the two folder components, one with a % in the name it is).

To get those to stand even a hope of running you'd need to use Leda or Time Machine.

Edit...oh and since no one else will say it...double kudos to you for trying Jamie Fuller's games.

from a quick google, both of those seem to require a pandora battery.... I don't have
frown.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
xist said:

from a quick google, both of those seem to require a pandora battery.... I don't have
frown.gif

leda doesn't

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
M33 is old and outdated now, so just stick with 5.03GEN-B.

If you ever want a Pandora battery, let me know and send it to me because my PSP is the special kind that will magically turn any battery into a Pandora one and back, so...yeah.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
M33 is old and outdated now, so just stick with 5.03GEN-B.

SO you're saying he has to give up on what he actually wants to do because GENB offers him less in this case but is newer?Right......
huh.gif

There are mixed reports of Hellcats Recovery Flasher uninstalling GEN so give it a whirl and get back to 5.00 M33-6. Then give the newest version of Leda a shot. It may work but then again it may not as not all 1.50 homebrews were compatible.

Ignore that...i totally forgot you were on a phat PSP...just install the 1.50 kernel addon and both will work fine. Of course that still requires M33 since that newest firmware that makes M33 so out of date doesn't have one.
biggrin.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
OK...

Pandorafied my battery.
Restored system 3.71
currently installing 5.00 m33 again
then to restor the battery using psptool (i hope/think)
then install leda...
...and run ye olde homebrew?

The 1.5 kernel addon that xist mentioned above probably has better compatibility than leda. But I'm not positive on that since I don't have a phat

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The 1.50 addon (Phat PSP only) runs 1.50 homebrew natively (once homebrew is set to run in 1.50 from recovery). Leda is merely a workaround....Go with the 1.50 addon and a true 1.50 kernel and both should run (providing the issue with the second was that it was a kernel error).

And Livin in a box i agree with you that it's not an issue, but he stated exactly what he wanted to do and your advice was to completely contrary to that based on newness. This is exactly an occasion where M33 is superior.

Sometimes GEN works best, sometimes M33 does...lets just agree not to recommend one over the other until there's a CLEAR divide, and not just based upon release date.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should be getting a PSP phat from my friend tomorrow, and I'll be wanting to put CFW on (better to use this thread than make another, also read the FAQ by War, great help
biggrin.gif
). I gather that it's probably better to use GEN than M33, or what?

Also, Is there a way to pandorify the battery so I can install CFW without access to another hacked PSP and not buying another battery? Would I have to follow one of the tutorials in the CFW installation sticky?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ProtoKun7 said:
Should be getting a PSP phat from my friend tomorrow, and I'll be wanting to put CFW on (better to use this thread than make another, also read the FAQ by War, great help
biggrin.gif
). I gather that it's probably better to use GEN than M33, or what?

Also, Is there a way to pandorify the battery so I can install CFW without access to another hacked PSP and not buying another battery? Would I have to follow one of the tutorials in the CFW installation sticky?

could you read stickys, and there is a thread about M33 and GEN.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made sure I read the stickies, but it's still good to have additional help, and to verify that the stickies are still updated
glare.gif

Plus, some of the info is about Slims

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong