Hacking New to PSP hacking, what to do?

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, the title is a bit misleading. I am not entirely new to the process, but it has been over 5 years since I last hacked a psp. I was a 6.60 proB10 user. I will acquire a new psp 3000 in a couple of days and I was wondering, what is the most stable build out there? I hear that now we are able to instal permanent cfws on our systems instead of booting it all the time with 6.61.

Should I go with the 6.61 CFW? Is the installation process significantly complicated compared to the one before? Are there any compatibility issues in terms of PSP games, PSX eboots, PS1 classics, other PSN titles, emulators and other homebrew?

If so, could you direct me to a good tutorial, preferably one with clear instructions and visuals (maybe a video)?

I would appreciate it if you could answer my questions.

Thank you.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The compatibility issues you can find would be regarding to plugins/homebrew on 6.61 (you may need 660 to 661 plugin for some to run, if they even can).

Personally I still think Light Custom Firmware Pro C1fix3 660-661 works the best, even if you have to manually apply the hack again via FAST RECOVERY if your psp crashes or gets discharged. It's not much of a hassle, really.

Pro C1Fix3 (AND NOT C2) is the best one regarding PSX compatibility, since C2 broke some PSN PSX games and they won't work at all.
There is infinity, but i can't really vouch for it as i've never used it. In order to get a perma patch you need to get some sort of frankenfirm going on, and i'd rather avoid that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro