Hacking New to 3DS - Need a flashcart.

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's a few dozen of these, and there might be one a few pages down, but I'm asking because I'm coherant enough to know what I want.

I'm trading in my iPad for a 3DS later this week (( Gamestop sale, yay )) and I'm planning on wanting a flashcart for it, more for emulation than anything, although I'm going to backup the few DS games I still own.

From research, I've read that the Acekard 2i works on the 3DS, and is the best bang for your buck. But I need more opinions.

I would like to emulate systems (( SNES, NES, possibly GBA )) on my 3DS (( Due to the ambassador titles not being avaiable, which I'll ask about elsewhere )) and I would like a cart that does that well. I'll be buying the games I plan on playing.

Any advice, fellas?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Get a Supercard DSTwo. It'll emulate SNES, NES, and GBA games (plus whatever older consoles) as it has a CPU inside the flashcard which gives it a little bit of extra power. No other flashcard has this, so it's what you'll want if you want to emulate SNES and GBA at a playable speed.

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it at 100%, or at something crappy? I know emulation on the DS is pretty much dead, which is something I'm worried about, and makes me not want to bother with a flashcart at all. I'm not too interested in piracy because there's only a few titles I want for the 3DS, and I can get them easily enough. If anything, to me a flashcart is a backup device and nothing more (( So I'm not carrying a few games with the DS itself. ))

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is it at 100%, or at something crappy? I know emulation on the DS is pretty much dead, which is something I'm worried about, and makes me not want to bother with a flashcart at all. I'm not too interested in piracy because there's only a few titles I want for the DS, and I can get them easily enough.
Not 100%, but it'll work.

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"It'll work" might be a dealbreaker, especically if it's SNES games. I might just forget a flashcart altogether. Thanks man.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to bark up your tree. but why would you sell an iPad for a 3DS? One has a $500($300 if first generation) and one has a

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you "were" happy with a tablet maybe a small laptop/netbook will work for you since emulation is the most important thing to you. Finding a trade via a website shouldn't be to hard and you can play low end PC games.

HandOfReason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iPad has pretty interesting features for emulation, the most significant being the ability to use a second device to function as a controller. This can be either your iPhone, or a Wii controller (including a classic controller). Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the emulators on it but last time I was running SNES games at full speed, holding a classic controller with the iPad propped up with a smart cover, headphones on, while in class, and that was over a year ago on my old iPad 1. I think I was unsatisfied with the sound emulation at the time but I'm sure they've made enormous strides considering the significant increases in processing power over the last two generations of the hardware.

Either way, as others have said here, if emulation is your cup of tea, then nearly any other recent device is a better choice then a Nintendo handheld. Good luck.

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, the Snes emulator for the ipod touch/ipad/2 is actually one of the best versions of snes9x ((I think that's what it was ported from)). The one on DSTWO doesn't do nearly as well. The psp version is good too. I think it worked better than the pc one I had. Anyway, if you are getting a 3DS for emulation, you will not find much luck from it, currently at least. But if the 3DS is what you desire and will please you, by all means, get it.

Also, just a quick note, the GBA emulator on DSTWO does work quite well. However, games like Golden Sun: The Lost Age and certain other GBA games are emulated terribly. But, emulates Golden Sun 1 just fine ((With a few sound errors.)) It is still a great cart.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is a trade for a laptop or netbook out of the question due to them being 11"+ in size and possibly not have the best battery life. I guess the PSP for emulation would probably be your best option at the moment unless the 3DS or Vita get hacked soon. The Dingoo and some other portables from China are alright but the PSP also plays Ps1 and PSP games.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol