gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Helsionium said:
It was indeed a piracy check. The game included a function that checks a certain area of memory for values not normally present while playing retail games. The patch doesn't remove the function from the code, but it rather always causes this function to "return" without result, effectively disabling this function.
Thanks! Makes you wonder why Nintendo even tries these "counter measures"... they must know it'll probably get cracked in a day or two... why even bother?

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HyperGamer said:
I suggest trying out a HDD Loader. All you need to do it for just this game would be a 500mb USB Drive
I have an extra 2 GB SD card and a USB SD reader. Would it be possible to run it with this via the USB Loader? I could try but I need to know how to get the iso to fit on it. The scrubbed versions I've found are 4 GB after .rar extracted.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People. please READ the first post.

You need a CHIP along with NeoGamma to run from disc.
The game will NOT run from disc on a soft-mod and NeoGamma.

bill55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Waninkoko updater to update to 4.1U.

Homebrew chan working fine as is other games. What exactly do I need to do? Not sure how I check which IOS's I have installed and what I need to install.

Any help is very appreciated!

thanks!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
works sweet from usbloaderGX alt dol haven't got it to work from disk tried alt dol didn't work and just re-burning with different dol inserted and will see how it goes

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
so, the piracy code on the disc has now been sorted, and now the disc is just like any other we normally play, so why the hell doesn'y is work for disc loading??

Troutman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
ModChip Users:
-Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!)

Well I have a modchip and tried using NeoGamma r8b7 and it still does not run for me.....
frown.gif

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boo_Mansion said:
HyperGamer said:
I suggest trying out a HDD Loader. All you need to do it for just this game would be a 500mb USB Drive
I have an extra 2 GB SD card and a USB SD reader. Would it be possible to run it with this via the USB Loader? I could try but I need to know how to get the iso to fit on it. The scrubbed versions I've found are 4 GB after .rar extracted.

Format the card to WBFS then use WBFS manager to add the iso to the drive, don't worry all game isos are 4.37GB but the actual data that will copied to the drive will only be about 400MB.

Also to the person looking to put Trucha in IOS53 and 60/70 without wii internet, try downloading the wads with NUSD and then using freethewads, then install with a wad manager.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
so, the piracy code on the disc has now been sorted, and now the disc is just like any other we normally play, so why the hell doesn'y is work for disc loading??
I was gona ask the same thing now.
So is there gona be any fix for this?

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey

I have a 3.3E Wii with up to date Wiikey, installed IOS 53,36, and when it didnt work, 60 with dop-ios mod, as instructed on first post. but still can't read the game.
Homever, I can play the game without problem with Neogamma.
But if the dvd is in the Wii, the Wii Menu crash with an error telling me to remove the disc and shut down the wii. To play, I have to put the cd in once neogamma is started.
What could cause this ?

I've also been noticing lately, some of my old backups aren't working anymore, ie, Super Paper Mario. Probably because of some update, this may be related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D