• Likes 15

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
You have to look at it as an overall consumer. Did the old Sky3DS save you 100's of dollars? Most likely. Worthy Purchase. Will the Sky3DS+ save you 100's of dollars on currently released AP check games and future AP check games? Yes. Worth the purchase. The fact that they are adding in a firmware upgrade is a huge plus (pun intended), that gives the product a guarantee. Other features such as not having to use diskwriter and having back/forth buttons are just extra goodies.

As of today. NO. The orange cart won't be worth it. In 6-12 months it will perhaps be worth it. There are no AP games I'm very interested in.

The blue cart was worth every penny for me though. So if someone don't have any cart, the orange is worth every penny :)

But for us sky3ds owners. It's not really worth it atm.

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really looking forward to selling my blue button that is less than month old and getting this one.
Man, changing game both ways is gonna be so good.
The only thing I'm afraid of is saves incompatibility. I want to keep my ACNL, Pokemons and other games in current state.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, thats true. But what games do you really, really wanna play with AP? I cant think about any exciting AP game right now.

I didn't buy the blue card because I was waiting for something else, that would bypass anti-piracy.
But for me there are some good games that have AP, I really wanna play Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (I think that is the english name), LoZ Triforce Heroes, Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi and MH4X if it works with region free launcher. Even I can't play MH4X right now, there are 4 games that have AP and that would cost much more than a Sky3DS+. So even for a blue card owner, it may be interesting if they want to play at least 2 or 3 AP games.

Now I'm waiting for the first reviews and I'll probably buy it as soon as it will really be available, I will avoid the preorder thing.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, thats true. But what games do you really, really wanna play with AP? I cant think about any exciting AP game right now.

Happy home designer, super mystery dungeon, all 3 versions of fire emblem if, monster hunter x, shovel knight, m and l paper jam. At retail price, all of those games exceed the Sky3DS+ price. We aren't even mentioning all the the future brand new games that will have the ap check!

Reactions: Psi-hate

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
We aren't even mentioning all the the future brand new games that will have the ap check!

I wonder if Nintendo can come up with a new AP check that the Sky3DS+ can't bypass? I would laugh my ass off if that happened.

How is the Sky3DS+ supposed to run homebrew? All it seems to have is two buttons to switch between games, how are you supposed to access homebrew?

D

Deleted-355425

I wonder if Nintendo can come up with a new AP check that the Sky3DS+ can't bypass? I would laugh my ass off if that happened.

How is the Sky3DS+ supposed to run homebrew? All it seems to have is two buttons to switch between games, how are you supposed to access homebrew?

the ability to update the cart via usb means not to worry :)

Reactions: mungry

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
As a current Sky3DS user on my N3DS I went ahead and pre-ordered it through the same retailer I used to get my current cart. Yes I have an issue with the price but I will still get it. The fact that it can be updated via firmware and that it no longer needs disk writer are the 2 main selling points for me. I hate disk writer with a passion...

EDIT: When I get the new one I may attempt to sell the old card to anyone interested in it.

Reactions: dandymanz

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's up with the hole at the top of the Sky3DS+'s case? The Sky3DS's case also has it. It's like a hole for hanging them up in a shop.

It's here: http://sky3ds.com/sky+.html Scroll down to "Product Pictures".

its not ;like' one, it IS one. they are legal to sell on shelfs in some areas. and even for the reseller its convenient for them to shelf them for their own ease of access.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
If sky can run any trimmed rom, it can really help for storage, money*:
Sky3ds+ + 16gb microsd card=90+10
Sky3ds + 32gb microsd card=80+20
So actually is the same price if you can fit same games from 32gb to 16gb by trimming them.
*proximate prices

RichHomieSupreme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt Sky3DS owners will buy this shit. I'm not paying €100 more just so that I don't need diskwriter for games or Cubic Ninja for homebrew. I definitely won't pay €100 for the ability to go backwards when switching through games because it's not like I have memorised the order my games are in on my Sky3DS.
Though I'll probably give in and buy it for the AP checks "problem".

Question: The site says that the firmware is updatable. Why would it need to be updated? I'm guessing they'll be releasing patches for AP checks on new games released in the future.
They won't update blue button template anymore I bet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1