Hacking New Psp GO

deelock1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there guys, im new here, its a very interesting forum and im excited

I have two questions about the psp and i would appreciate some help from you.

First, im buying my first psp, im looking to get the psp go, would you recommend
the psp go or the psp 3000 for hacking?

Second, I want to buy it new not use, if i were to buy a new psp go, would it be hackable?

thanks guys...
smile.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each are hackable. Read the stickys for how to hack them.

And I'd go with the 3000. I never really liked the go.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the Go, you get 16GB internal storage so you won't need to faff around with memory sticks. The Go I found to be pretty nice, for me I found it felt pretty good in my hands.

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
always depends on price i got mine (psp go) at 99 euro brand new from a store
its very handy because of that 16gb got loads of content on before i had to get memory sticks but as i said depends on price if you can get the psp go cheap enough/cheaper than the normal psp then ofcourse go for it

deelock1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys,

If i were to buy a new psp go, what firmware am i expecting,
meaning will a new psp go be hackable,

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all psp gos can be permanently hacked because they all have the same motherboard.
the psp go has 16GB of internal storage without a memorystick (like an ipod), and you can buy a 16GB M2 card (the psp go uses M2 cards and not pro duos) for ~$20 which will give you 32GB all together.

the go is the most portable psp ever made, it's about the size of an iphone when you have it closed.
this does mean it has a slightly smaller screen than any other, but because of this, your screen will appear crisper, sharper, and generally more clear.
also, on the psp go you have a real "save state" system, meaning when you press the home button during a game (not just games, ANY eboot/iso [meaning homebrew, comic reader, sensme, etc]), you have two options, pause game and quit game. no other psp has this option.

the only problem is you'll have trouble finding a brand new psp go since they're not in production anymore. if you really need it to be brand new then i think you're stuck with the 3000.

TL;DR
get the go

shadow100z

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the go, cannot use a normal mini usb cord.
the go has 16gb internal memory
heard stories about the go's slider ribbon.
go has smaller screen but same resolution
go no umd of course
the go peope sale is more cramped.
Biggest flaw for the go is the built in battery. Have to take the system apart to change it, wile the psp 3000 you can chane them easily. i always carry a spare battery with me around on longer trips. Also you can fit a psp 1000 battery in the 3000 with a new back ( buck or 2 of e-bay) that can give me more hours that the psp go can give ya.

To me the only thing the go got going for it is the 16gb of internal space. But a photofast 5400 dual slot micro sd card with 16gb x 2 micro sd cards will equal it.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
the GO is also incredibly portable, and the slider feels awesome (i find myself constantly sliding it up and down)
I bet it's not the only thing you slide up and down
smileipb2.png

Go for the GO!

deelock1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^^
rofl2.gif
^^^^

Thanks guys for the replies..

I just purchase my first psp and it is a go
yaypsp.gif

Just waiting for it to arrive...

Thanks again mates
bow.gif

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I own a 2001 PSP. Today my friend got a PSPgo and hacking it goes to me since I have all the tools etc.

My impression was this, it's sleeker and smaller than my PSP 2001. The internal memory will never disconnect during a stand-by like my PSP 2001. And that's were my praises stop. I hate the buttom layout. The Volume, Screen, and Music Note are on the top under the screen when the screen is deployed. The screen is smaller then my Epic's, which is sad. The propitiatory plug is a step backwards. The Home key is on the side of the screen. The thumb stick I never use is tiny. It dosne't have a load LED for internal memory leaving me to guess if it has crashed. Not being able to eject the battery for a quick shut down sucks.

I love my PSP 2001. I was thinking about getting a PSPgo myself until I used this one. The only problem with mine is having the mem card stop working until I eject and blow on it. I don't care about the UMD drive as I've only used it twice to rip the only two games I cared about.

shadow100z

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol you gonna find that most people who owns a go, will say get a go, lol and people who got a 1000 will say 1000, 2000 will say 2000 and 3000 will say 3000. lol.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I own everything bar the 3000 (a Japanese Launch 1000, two 2000's and a Go). I wouldn't recommend the Go thanks to the controls.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
I wouldn't recommend the Go thanks to the controls.

Playing on the Go using a PS3 wireless controller (via BlueTooth) is awesome. Perfect controls, but it does eat up your battery fast. Better plugging it in a wall outlet for extended play sessions. So, no good when you're travelling.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Dust2dust said:
xist said:
I wouldn't recommend the Go thanks to the controls.

Playing on the Go using a PS3 wireless controller (via BlueTooth) is awesome. Perfect controls, but it does eat up your battery fast. Better plugging it in a wall outlet for extended play sessions. So, no good when you're travelling.

Excellent. So to make a PSP Go good you need to buy a PS3 as well and give up portability. Obviously i'll be rushing out right now to buy a PS3 so i can reassess my opinion.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Excellent. So to make a PSP Go good you need to buy a PS3 as well and give up portability. Obviously i'll be rushing out right now to buy a PS3 so i can reassess my opinion.

I don't have a PS3 either. I paired the PS3 controller and the Go with the computer. I'll give you the link for the webpage, if need be. But you do lose portability, as this setup is power hungry.

EDIT: Webpage, for those interested: http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/help/pspgo-ds3-pair

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
PSP Go controls aren't that bad, the face buttons are much better than the later models, I can't say the analog is good though.
I concur, clicky face buttons feels great. I haven't used previous analogs though, so the Go's works for me, comparing it to the less resistant 3DS one. Whatever works for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)