ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly hard to earn the decorations, just use the happiness and affection cheat if you're really lazy but the decor isn't hard if you spend a few minutes in pokemon amie.

"Happiness and affection cheat?" With that, my curiosity is piqued; what do you mean, Nyan?

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Web Operation has Failed"?

Every time I put in a game, it fails. This has never happened before, I am updated to 1.19, All of my games are up to date. Using US games with a US Powersaves. Anyone have any ideas? I'm also on Windows 7.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever had it? Do you know how to fix it?

I've had it occasionally. It usually will clear for me if I disconnect the device, close the program, relaunch the program, and then reconnect the device. Sometimes, it can also be due to some server hiccups so if that doesn't clear it, wait a couple of minutes and try again.

2mmRat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please tell me if the powersaves are still bricking the game. Im thinking of buying one in an attempt to complete my pokedex but im really stressed about all these problems that people have/had with it. I tried to find out if the updates fixed everything but it is unclear. so if anyone can tell me the risk and how to avoid it i'd be truly greatful

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please tell me if the powersaves are still bricking the game. Im thinking of buying one in an attempt to complete my pokedex but im really stressed about all these problems that people have/had with it. I tried to find out if the updates fixed everything but it is unclear. so if anyone can tell me the risk and how to avoid it i'd be truly greatful

Nobody knows the true risk for certain. There was one huge wave in the early going with some very early Pokemon edits. After that, brick reports were rare and sporadic. There was a small spike again a couple of months ago (not nearly as pervasive as the first spike but still significant), but that has died down. There was no immediate thing that could be pointed to as the cause that could be associated with this one.

The first bricking spike had an association which led to the removal of 2 Wonder Cards and may have been one of the true motivations to initially remove the Diancie, AZ Floette, and stones since this all happened at the same time. There was a huge association with the first Wal-Mart Garchomp Wonder Card. They removed pretty much all of the new content that they had rolled out over a two week period and have very slowly been rolling it back out. Now I will admit that some of the slow rollout (like the stones) is most likely due to marketing now, but I do personally believe that the initial reasoning for the take down was the brick spikes. Datel seems to have done a much better job of vetting the edits since then and there has not been an association of bricks with anything like the first Wal-Mart Garchomp edit. As a matter of fact, the Garchomp that was released again is a completely different card. They even went back and overhauled the first Torchic card. The cause was found to be an errant rewrite of the save when Datel sent it back so it was truly a Datel problem (although they never did admit it.) This was discovered by hackers who exploited a now closed hole in Datel's security in order to hack. The second smaller brick spike didn't have a clear association with anything and it is hard to tell what really was associated with. In the end, there does not seem to be any mass bricking going on right now.

In the end, you just have to ask yourself, are you willing to assume the risk? For me, I'm willing. Although I will admit that I have 2 carts, and I pretty much only use 1 cart only on it. The other I have inserted only a few times to do backups on. There is always going to be that small risk

2mmRat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody knows the true risk for certain. There was one huge wave in the early going with some very early Pokemon edits. After that, brick reports were rare and sporadic. There was a small spike again a couple of months ago (not nearly as pervasive as the first spike but still significant), but that has died down. There was no immediate thing that could be pointed to as the cause that could be associated with this one.

The first bricking spike had an association which led to the removal of 2 Wonder Cards and may have been one of the true motivations to initially remove the Diancie, AZ Floette, and stones since this all happened at the same time. There was a huge association with the first Wal-Mart Garchomp Wonder Card. They removed pretty much all of the new content that they had rolled out over a two week period and have very slowly been rolling it back out. Now I will admit that some of the slow rollout (like the stones) is most likely due to marketing now, but I do personally believe that the initial reasoning for the take down was the brick spikes. Datel seems to have done a much better job of vetting the edits since then and there has not been an association of bricks with anything like the first Wal-Mart Garchomp edit. As a matter of fact, the Garchomp that was released again is a completely different card. They even went back and overhauled the first Torchic card. The cause was found to be an errant rewrite of the save when Datel sent it back so it was truly a Datel problem (although they never did admit it.) This was discovered by hackers who exploited a now closed hole in Datel's security in order to hack. The second smaller brick spike didn't have a clear association with anything and it is hard to tell what really was associated with. In the end, there does not seem to be any mass bricking going on right now.

In the end, you just have to ask yourself, are you willing to assume the risk? For me, I'm willing. Although I will admit that I have 2 carts, and I pretty much only use 1 cart only on it. The other I have inserted only a few times to do backups on. There is always going to be that small risk

Thank you so much for the info! :D
i'm going to order a device today and just focus on cloning rather than using the wonder card codes in an attempt to avoid the risk of bricking

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can any of the Wondercard Pokemons from Powersaves be traded to a friend via WiFi? Never actually had time to test this out myself, and my friends aren't online most of the time... :glare:

EDIT: Not the Modifier Pokemons, the Event Wondercard Pokemons.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can any of the Wondercard Pokemons from Powersaves be traded to a friend via WiFi? Never actually had time to test this out myself, and my friends aren't online most of the time... :glare:

EDIT: Not the Modifier Pokemons, the Event Wondercard Pokemons.

Unfortunately, this lovely little message pops up if you try: "That's a special Pokemon! You can't trade it!". In other words, I don't think so. At least, not on the GTS.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, this lovely little message pops up if you try: "That's a special Pokemon! You can't trade it!". In other words, I don't think so. At least, not on the GTS.

You never have been able to trade event Pokemon on the GTS. The attached ribbons block them. Never tried the SPRING Magmar that came without a ribbon temporarily though.

To answer K1RO, the other Wonder Card pokemon are tradeable. As a matter of fact, when I see people begging for a Zard stone or Chic stone, I trade them the Powersaves hack along with it. Heck, even the badly done, original torchic edit trades over wi-fi. Now the last time that I did this was some time ago, but as long as nothing has changed, the event wonder card edits trade over Wi-Fi like normal (except the "fake" Diancie one.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: