New Pokémon Let's Go trailer shows new features and changes to the world of Kanto

Nintendo has released a brand new trailer for Pokemon Let's Go. In it, we can see some new features, mechanics, and details for the game. Some of these additions include a new design for Blue/Gary, now called a "friendly" rival. Players can also dress up their character with different clothes, and can alter the hairstyle of their Pikachu and Eevee. You can traverse the world by riding large Pokemon, such as Charizard, Onix, and Arcanine. When your Pokemon follow you ala HGSS, they can also find items in the overworld for you. Pokemon Let's Go launches on November 16.

Official promotional art and a new Kanto world map were also released, which you can see below.

IMG_9839.JPG IMG_9840.JPG IMG_9841.JPG IMG_9842.JPG

D

Deleted User

sorry guys, but this game is aimed at younger audiences (lets face it, they all are)... I cant wait to play this with my 4 year old daughter. it will make catching pokemon really enjoyable for us.
So were Gold Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Fire Red and Leaf Green

Reactions: saltysalamander

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
With that logic, she could wear anything at all. Would it be fine for her to wear a halter top because anything can be fetishized? "I mean, she's just showing belly and shoulders, its fiiiiiiine." Anything CAN be fetishised, but no ones going to say "wow, that twelve year old has her ears showing! some people fetishize that!" because that is not common enough for it to be a problem. Bellybuttons and armpits, on the other hand are commonly fetishized, especially in japan. Regardless of fetishism, it's still inappropriate to depict a twelve year old as wearing very commonly sexualized clothing.
Crooked Teeth are also fetishized in Japan.

Reactions: Xzi

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people are into black chicks too.
I can't believe how much you guys are missing the point. Apparently because stuff is fetishized, it's totally ok to have children wear skimpy clothing. You know, cause children are totally ok to sexualize just because loli exists and the internet is filled with disgusting people.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What isn't fetishized in Japan is the question we should be asking.

The Kanamara P*nis festival in Japan. Where they have giant D*ck sculptures in public and celebrate these giant D*cks.
It's simply a culture which is much more open about sexuality. In America we repress that and channel it into a culture of anger and violence instead. If I had the option I'd definitely prefer the former.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: saltysalamander

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a hardcore Pokémon fan, I am pretty excided for the game. I don't think the removal of Wild Battles and that it's another Kanto remake bothers me, as this game is more focus on bringing GO players and kids into the series, which is neat!

I feel that the hate on this game, while vaild, it's overreacted. Kinda funny how us fans criticize Game Freak for making the same game, but when they make one change, then they're considered to be taking a step backwards. Like how Gyms were change to Trials and now Wild Battles are changed to GO's Catching Mechanic. And I really don't get the whole Asshole Rival > Friendly Rival argument. I only like Rivals if they have good character delopment, like Wally, Hugh, and Barry.

Why is it that Game Freak gets the heavy blame for doing something? Like I said, I don't mind the removal of Wild Battle since we have Trainer Battles, but for some reason, that doesn't count? If took Trainer Battles out, then I would be concern, but nope; I am still happy.

Not to mention this whole elitism of like this game. I am not a Genwunner nor a Pokémon Apologist. I just like most Pokémon games is all. Is there something wrong with that?

Reactions: Xzi

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a hardcore Pokémon fan, I am pretty excided for the game. I don't think the removal of Wild Battles and that it's another Kanto remake bothers me, as this game is more focus on bringing GO players and kids into the series, which is neat!

I feel that the hate on this game, while vaild, it's overreacted. Kinda funny how us fans criticize Game Freak for making the same game, but when they make one change, then they're considered to be taking a step backwards. Like how Gyms were change to Trials and now Wild Battles are changed to GO's Catching Mechanic. And I really don't get the whole Asshole Rival > Friendly Rival argument. I only like Rivals if they have good character delopment, like Wally, Hugh, and Barry.

Why is it that Game Freak gets the heavy blame for doing something? Like I said, I don't mind the removal of Wild Battle since we have Trainer Battles, but for some reason, that doesn't count? If took Trainer Battles out, then I would be concern, but nope; I am still happy.

Not to mention this whole elitism of like this game. I am not a Genwunner nor a Pokémon Apologist. I just like most Pokémon games is all. Is there something wrong with that?
I totally agree with your point that people are too critical of the Pokemon company.

If they do something new fans complain, if they do the same old thing fans complain. I think this is just a product of having a large franchise with dedicated and vocal fans. You can't please everyone, and since there are so many vocal fans on all sides - any path will lead to loud/visible criticism.

"I am not a Pokemon apologist" maybe not, but you're def a Nintendo apologist. You are the only guy I know who seems to be consistently pleased with Nintendo's decisions :P

OctolingRift

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK FireRed/LeafGreen didn't have follower Pokemon or PokeRide or most of the features shown in this trailer. Care to explain what "features" they've removed?
Bitch please they removed the Sevii Islands as Well as the bike. It was impossible for Pokemon to follow you on the GBA due to limitations. Following Pokemon doesnt suddenly make a game good

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bitch please they removed the Sevii Islands as Well as the bike. It was impossible for Pokemon to follow you on the GBA due to limitations. Following Pokemon doesnt suddenly make a game good
Whether you like follower Pokemon or not doesn't change the fact that it's a feature addition. There's no confirmation on the Sevii Islands either way, so best not to assume.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    That's a lot of money.
    I can pay it, but I'd rather eat better.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just eat floor crumbs
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?