New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Announced for UK

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I recieved my 3DS Ambasador today.

There is no registration card with a code in it to claim Club Nintendo points?
Is it with everybody so?

I think you get your Nintendo Points from the New 3DS when you make a new account or something. It's how it works on Wii U.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just got mine today! :)

I also noticed that there wasn't a club nintendo star card in there. I also noticed that nintendo has an ongoing promotion. Registering Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or smash bros + a 2ds, 3ds or 3ds XL console gives you the right to download a free game.

I send out an e-mail this evening, hoping that my N3ds purchuse will also count towards this promotion, I already registered my Smash and Pokemon OR.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got mine in yesterday.
Went to get some 3Ds XL screen protectors and accidentally got two doublepacks...
Ended up fucking the first protector up quite hard.. I tried cutting it with a really sharp knife, didn't work that well and went off course.
The second one I cut with one of those paper cutters (which neatly align the paper). The touch screen was a tad too small in the width and the top screen was just really too small...
For the third one I used the "upper" layer of the second screen protector and made small adjustments by hand, this one ended up being fine :)

Only 2/3 airbubbles and one dust particle, so I'd call it a success, as the are invisible during use.

Tip for other people wanting to do this.
Also get a sharp knife (carpet cutter, or a stanly knife) with replaceable blades and use it to cut small edges off near the corners, to get the same rounding as the screen itself (cut it before placing it on the 3Ds.....).
For the best result I noted that pressing the knife down worked better than "pulling" it over the protector.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got mine in yesterday.
Went to get some 3Ds XL screen protectors and accidentally got two doublepacks...
Ended up fucking the first protector up quite hard.. I tried cutting it with a really sharp knife, didn't work that well and went off course.
The second one I cut with one of those paper cutters (which neatly align the paper). The touch screen was a tad too small in the width and the top screen was just really too small...
For the third one I used the "upper" layer of the second screen protector and made small adjustments by hand, this one ended up being fine :)

Only 2/3 airbubbles and one dust particle, so I'd call it a success, as the are invisible during use.

Tip for other people wanting to do this.
Also get a sharp knife (carpet cutter, or a stanly knife) with replaceable blades and use it to cut small edges off near the corners, to get the same rounding as the screen itself (cut it before placing it on the 3Ds.....).
For the best result I noted that pressing the knife down worked better than "pulling" it over the protector.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to buy an universal screen protector (and cheaper too), they usually bring size charts which you can use to measure and cut as necessary.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skelletonike
Hmmm, haven't seen those around here :s
But 6 euro's for a double pack isn't really expensive either ;)

I have to say, where the 3D of the original 3DS was flawed (slight ghosting and easy to get out of the sweet spot), the New 3DS fixes those issues rather nicely :)
Only downside is the use of 3D still causes slowdowns in certain games... (mostly played LoZ: a link between worlds and ORAS lately). But that's something that also happened with the old 3DS, so it's not something the new 3DS would easily be able to fix :/

Reactions: Skelletonike

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, noticed some ghosting during the final scene's in "A link between worlds".
The odd part was, that it were only a couple of objects that had it and a object right next to it wouldn't have the ghosting. This led me to believe that it's probably some coding error, instead of an issue with the screen :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome