ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
IMG_108866107974091.jpeg

Nintendo of Europe has begun offering select Club Nintendo members a chance to get their hands on a special Ambassador edition of the New Nintendo 3DS. Pre-selected members have been emailed this morning with the opportunity to order the new handheld before it goes on sale to the general public later this year. To claim your special Ambassador edition New Nintendo 3DS, you must place your order with Club Nintendo before 23.59 (BST) on January 12. Nintendo of Europe states the consoles should ship in 3 – 5 working days with delivery continuing until January 23.[prebreak][/prebreak]

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you’d like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.
IMG_108858875979461.jpeg

Here’s what’s in the special bundle:

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front).
Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back).
Charging cradle (White).

new_nintendo_3ds_ambassador1.png

Source

UPDATE

Nintendo is also Discontinuing the Original 3DS model on US and UK.
Source

UPDATE 2

Lucky Nintendo Fans Are Already Receiving New 3DS Ambassador Editions

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Here's how one can access the New 3DS Ambassador Edition:

Nintendo has declined to clarify how it selected Club Nintendo members for this promotion, providing the following statement to Eurogamer.

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador offer is by email invitation only for selected Club Nintendo members in Europe only who fulfil a certain criteria.

We are unable to disclose such business information, however we would like to reassure you that we are continually looking at different promotional offerings we can bring to consumers at various times throughout the year.

The terms and conditions for such promotional activities are individual to each promotion,but we will endeavour to bring you more promotional activities in the future, which we hope you will be able to take advantage of.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...3ds_to_select_club_nintendo_members_right_now

Well, let's just say if you got the email then that's about how.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So depending on how limited this is, you probably want to take this offer because those plates will probably become a big collector's item. Got it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So depending on how limited this is, you probably want to take this offer because those plates will probably become a big collector's item. Got it.

If the price was £149.99 I'd go for it. I'm not a big 3DS fan so I'm skipping it even though I'm one of the selected who's able to purchase if I wanted.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Damn I'd want one, but an XL model :(

So this sucks in many ways for me.
1: Not selected to buy one
2: Maybe not even able to be selected since this probably is for UK only (as well as Sweden isn't part of Nintendo of Europe)
3: I want an XL model

hah :P First world problems

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It'll almost certainly release at the same time as the standard retail models, so the only thing you're missing out on is the faceplates.

And I suppose it's a given that these will release with FW 9.3 or higher.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's not UK only. The promo is live here in Russia as well (quite surprisingly, considering the very low popularity of Nintendo over here), and I even got the invitation. Not really sure if I should bite though, as I now have a Zelda Limited Edition 3DS XL I'm fairly happy with. For me the question is if there are going to be exclusive titles like that Xenoblade port.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It'll almost certainly release at the same time as the standard retail models, so the only thing you're missing out on is the faceplates.

And I suppose it's a given that these will release with FW 9.3 or higher.

Emm, in my invitation it's stated clearly Ambassadors will have a chance to buy it earlier than everybody else.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wow, It's actually cheaper in Russia. With all those recent exchange rate shocks, 1 GBP is 93,35 RUR as of today, so math says it should cost 17 163 RUR, while the price in my invitation is 14 199 RUR.

D

Deleted User

I m super unlucky... Buying a Ton of Games and having all Consoles from Nintendo makes you not loyal it seems... (Well At least i m ambassador anyway do i have The gba Games At least)

Nylxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here in Portugal people started receiving emails this morning. The price is 200 euros. 170 for the console and 10 for each of the extras.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: