New Ipad Air 16GB Stolen - Help!

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, everyone.

I recently purchased online an Ipad Air 16gb from a local online ad. I took it home installed iTunes. It got to initial setup process, setup WiFi, location services, touch ID, create a pass code and so on. Then it starts saying the iPad is property of a school and i need to contact the IT administrator to finish setup the device and its asking for a login/password for that. IDK what to do at this point as clearly this was stolen property! I'm afraid on what to do here. I tried to contact the seller and his profile is no longer available anywhere. Please any advice on what to do, How i can get this thing working at least?? i paid $150 from my savings :-(

What I'm able to do,

-Go into recovery with iTunes, and it says I have 10.3.2 version.

Last edited by omega59,

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
Well... I'm not sure how to proceed. Maybe call the center? :/ The worst case is that you lose your iPad because you didn't know it was stolen (if it was, because, maybe, the school sold it.)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't really do anything now other then bring it to an apple store give it to them (I doubt they will remove the lock) they can find where ever it was stolen from and return it, sell it for parts/not working, or replace the mainboard
also file a police report

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems like you've been scammed sweetheart.

Anyway, what you could do is to flash back a fully clean IOS to the iPad.
That should get rid of that message.
I got no clue how IOS works but it's something to look into.

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Re-flashing it didn't do anything. I tried with iTunes and it downloaded this file "iPad_64bit_TouchID_10.3.2_14F89_Restore.ipsw." I'm not sure where or how it's loading this "lock." Also, you cannot downgrade as from what I've read, nor JailBreak as it requires access to the browser using some called "yalu."

Last edited by omega59,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I'd contact your local police station and explain the situation of how you purchased an iPad and believe it to be stolen, otherwise you risk getting in trouble for handling stolen goods.

Your IP address and GPS location has been logged and uploaded to Apple's servers, it's very easy for the School / Police to find out where the stolen iPad is now.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you cant restore it because since ios 8 apple included a security system. who wants the apple id and passwort of the original owner who used it. only the original user can unlock it since he/she have the password

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

even after restore or installing ios completly new

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How did you pay, if in cash, sorry but you're out of luck, if PayPal or credit card you're ok as you can claim back as fraudulent transaction. Even debit cards do this but it takes abit longer.

Best you can do is report it. If no one claims in a certain time span it's yours, then you'll have the police report and apple will wipe it.

If they do claim it you're out £150 unless the police find the seller or your bank gives you the money back

Last edited by yusuo,

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not locked per-say, its just asking to contact the administrator to complete the setup of the iPAD. it doesnt ask for a password or anything.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's not locked per-say, its just asking to contact the administrator to complete the setup of the iPAD. it doesnt ask for a password or anything.
I would still report it to your card company or PayPal as well as the police. You'll get your money back and you won't get in trouble later down the line r

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lia not sure what re flashing is exactly. I've tried the recovery mode within iTunes and it did a reinstall of the iOS but that message will not bypass. Is there a site that you can direct me to for re flashing in DFU mode you speak of? I've been busy so i couldn't deal with it but I may just turn it in i guess.

this is the site i followed and it did not work.

https://goo.gl/aYpP1e

Last edited by omega59,

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Lia not sure what re flashing is exactly. I've tried the recovery mode within iTunes and it did a reinstall of the iOS but that message will not bypass. Is there a site that you can direct me to for re flashing in DFU mode you speak of? I've been busy so i couldn't deal with it but I may just turn it in i guess.

this is the site i followed and it did not work.

https://goo.gl/aYpP1e
Apparently even DFU mode doesn't work
Sorry, you're out of luck

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Report it to paypal and turn it into the police. What you have is hot property and it's best to do the right thing and turn it in. I had a friend who accidentally bought a stolen iPhone off eBay and paypal refunded his money for it.
Technically it's illegal for us to help you restore it to default and technically this thread would be breaking the rules if we help you restore it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
File a police report as others have suggested. Otherwise you could be charged with receiving stolen goods. Hopefully they can track down the dirt bag who sold it to you....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1