Hacking New free homebrew entry point. FlashHax

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. I'll try that method out when it gets released by trying to load BootMii Installer on it. I hope both Christmas Break (around December and early January) and Summer 2019 speed up to the development of the new method for you.

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently the success rate is really low partly due to changes that made it work for all regions. Since the e-shop is closing down soon rather than fixing flashhax I've been working on something else that I hope to release soon. (It works but there is still one hurdle left that I just haven't had time to work on due to classes/work.)
This new method has a MUCH higher success rate. (It can still fail but much less likely in the tests I've done so far) (Bonus it works the same across all regions without any change at all.)
That makes sense, would be a waste just to fix it, I'm excited to see what you come up with :blink: Thank you for replying

xplicid_yt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It keeps freezing at 98-100%, I've tried clearing cookies, changing resolution, screen size, unplugging plugging back in, unplugging all controllers and USB devices, retrying the entire process, have tried over 20 times, still nothing.
Many other people are also having this problem. How do I get this to work? My console's region is U

When you select the region you favourite the page go to the system menu then turn off your wii turn it back on and boot internet channel then open the bookmark

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been awhile, have you made any progress on your new exciting entry point?
I have no idea what it could possibly be, I'm just super excited to see what it is!

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been awhile, have you made any progress on your new exciting entry point?
I have no idea what it could possibly be, I'm just super excited to see what it is!
The new entry point is now finished. I was planning on making a new thread for it tomorrow. I just need to finish the write up for it and maybe add one more feature to ease the process of using it and it will be ready to go.

Kirbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new entry point is now finished. I was planning on making a new thread for it tomorrow. I just need to finish the write up for it and maybe add one more feature to ease the process of using it and it will be ready to go.
:O:O:OThanks for the quick reply! Oh my goodness I'm so excited!!:lol:

Last edited by Kirbeast,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Very cool! If I can make a request (if it's not too late). is it possible to have a version of the exploit launch sd:/boot.elf? This way it will work even if the bootmii website is down? And I can modify modmii to use it to launch whatever I need it to (I.e, in addition to the hackmii installer I would want to load mmm, or wiimod, or Casper, etc)

Edit: alternatively maybe you could have a separate page for different payloads. If you're willing to work with me on some specifics I would be happy to integrate this into ModMii and get you a ton more traction. PM me and we can collaborate if this is of interest to you.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Kirbeast

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool! If I can make a request (if it's not too late). is it possible to have a version of the exploit launch sd:/boot.elf? This way it will work even if the bootmii website is down? And I can modify modmii to use it to launch whatever I need it to (I.e, in addition to the hackmii installer I would want to load mmm, or wiimod, or Casper, etc)
The exploit falls back to using sd:/boot.elf and if that fails it falls back to try to use a usb gecko if attached. They payload for this is actually not hosted on bootmii but is hosted directly by the servers that are hosting the exploit itself. In this case it will request "/boot.elf" from your server and launch it.

If you are going to host your own version of the exploit (which is a little more tricky than last time as it requires you have a DNS server as well) you can simple put your own boot.elf on your site for it to use or I can put together a version of it for you that will always load sd:/boot.elf

Reactions: XFlak and Kirbeast

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What if you have it first try to load sd:/boot.elf and if it's missing then load the boot.elf on your server (aka the hackmii installer)? That way it can be used just like any other exploit and it loads the hackmii installer as a fall back. To me this makes the most sense. If you can adjust the boot priorities as such then that would be PERFECT!

(that all being said hosting the hackmii installer is a morally grey area but given that the official site is offline more often than otherwise I guess it's okay...)

Edit: alternatively if you have an app store like you're planning one option can be sd:/boot.elf and the other options can be various other web hosted apps like hackmii, Casper, mmm, wiimod modmii edition (basically a boot.elf of wiimod 3.2 but with minor changes, this hasn't been released yet and is being worked on by @scooby74029).

I'm assuming just like other exploits it can only load elf's and not dol's, right? If so, your app store options will be very limited without recompiling a bunch of apps for their boot.elf equivalents

Last edited by XFlak,

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you have it first try to load sd:/boot.elf and if it's missing then load the boot.elf on your server (aka the hackmii installer)? That way it can be used just like any other exploit and it loads the hackmii installer as a fall back. To me this makes the most sense. If you can adjust the boot priorities as such then that would be PERFECT!

(that all being said hosting the hackmii installer is a morally grey area but given that the official site is offline more often than otherwise I guess it's okay.. )
Yeah, now that you mention it, it does make more sense to have it first try sd/gecko and then fallback to network. My priority in this was to give people with a broken sd card reader a way of using getting homebrew (and also to make the whole process easier so you didn't even need it in the first place). I'll adjust the loader to prioritize loading from them before going to the network.

Speaking of hosting the hackmii installer I kinda forgot about that. I just threw it up on the site when doing FlashHax as the obvious payload that everyone wanted to boot and it couldn't be downloaded dynamically from their site because they have protections on the download link (and I hadn't written a network loader for it at the time).
I'm going to ask marcan and see if he's ok with me hosting the installer. If he says no this is going to make both FlashHax and this new entry point be a entry point you must create on your own. IE. Host it your self and put the installer into it when you are building the payload or (in the case of FlashHax) put the installer on the sd card and remove the payload to get savezelda to fall back to using the sd card.

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to start, I would just need to download the Internet Channel?
Currently it's not released yet. I just reached an agreement with Marcan on the issue of the HackMii Installer so some last minute changes are being made and it will be ready.
I'll make a thread tomorrow for it. Also you won't need the Internet Channel as this exploit doesn't target it. (The exploit is SD Card-less and Channel-less)

Reactions: Kirbeast

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the lack of a release everyone. It should have been finished today but my body had other plans. (Namley vomiting for 4 hours)

Unless something else goes wrong it should be ready by tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)
Oh no

I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by banjo2, , Reason: day-old typo lol

ineed3dshacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did FlashHax a few days ago. First time the Wii just crashed, 2nd and 3rd time it did nothing at 100%, and the 4th time it worked :)

Already had my Wii homebrewed, I just wanted to reinstall Bootmii and couldn't be bothered to go to my computer :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo