• Views 115,339
  • Replies 151
  • Likes 1

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats up with DSTT. Is it like dead now? They don't seem to have anymore updates. Their official site is no longer available.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The site is temporarily down at the moment. It's not the first time, so no need to panic. The last update to the official firmware was a few months ago. It's not that unusual for them to go a few months without an update.

-Bri

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway possible to list sites that normally sell really DSTT flash carts? I am wanting to buy one from IC2005, but since there is a chance of it being fake, I am unsure if I should do so right now. Anyone here purchased from that site a DSTT? Or at least know of a site that does sell legit ones, that would be helpful to know.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dealextreme.com and Leetmod.com both sell real ones. Dealextreme.com is cheap, but takes longer to ship.

You might also want to research other flash carts such as the Acekard 2, which in my opinion is a better choice for the money for most people.

-Bri

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
You might also want to research other flash carts such as the Acekard 2, which in my opinion is a better choice for the money for most people.

-Bri

Seconded.
smile.gif

I'm planning on getting one.

EDIT: (totally offtopic, but I don't care)
acekard.jpg

smile.gif

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Dealextreme.com and Leetmod.com both sell real ones. Dealextreme.com is cheap, but takes longer to ship.

-Bri

For the moment, the DDST is the only thing in my price range (For now.) that is of use to me. Later on I will be purchasing a DSi, so for that I would be getting the AceKard 2i (I want to know more of the DDSTi before I even consider that one.), so this is really just for time keepers sake.

And for the price...Long shipping matters naught, especially at such a price. Also, thank you for the website; it really did save me a good few dollars.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bri said:
I think if you follow the directions carefully it'll work. But YSMenu is a little tricky to install.
-Bri
How tricky can it be ?
huh.gif

Download YSMenu > Unzip the files > Copy them over to flashcard > change 'YSMenu.nds' to 'TTMenu.dat' > Change an entry in 'YSMenu.ini' for the language you want > That's it !!

The only 'Tricky' bit is finding where the download link is
laugh.gif

But as you said Bri - follow the instructions carefully & it'll work - well it did for me
yaynds.gif

It's just a shame that I prefer DSTT 'graphical' interface better than YSMenu
(I just can't wait until either DSision to speed up it's folder access or MENUdo is finally released - then I'll be happy as a pig in ****
rofl2.gif
)

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kermitfrog said:
How tricky can it be ?
huh.gif

Download YSMenu > Unzip the files > Copy them over to flashcard > change 'YSMenu.nds' to 'TTMenu.dat' > Change an entry in 'YSMenu.ini' for the language you want > That's it !!

The only 'Tricky' bit is finding where the download link is
laugh.gif

But as you said Bri - follow the instructions carefully & it'll work - well it did for me
yaynds.gif

It's just a shame that I prefer DSTT 'graphical' interface better than YSMenu
(I just can't wait until either DSision to speed up it's folder access or MENUdo is finally released - then I'll be happy as a pig in ****
rofl2.gif
)

You kind of brushed over a few steps there, particularly using "ttextract.exe" to extract "ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat" from "TTMENU.DAT". For someone who hasn't done it before, it's a little tricky.

-Bri

burning_phoneix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi new user here.

I was just wondering if I find a DSTT in a cardboard box it's automatically should be considered a fake?

I accidentally bought my friend a DSTT and it turned out to be a fake so I don't want to get burned again.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
burning_phoneix said:
Hi new user here.

I was just wondering if I find a DSTT in a cardboard box it's automatically should be considered a fake?

I accidentally bought my friend a DSTT and it turned out to be a fake so I don't want to get burned again.
Based on DSTT site [http://www.ndstt.com/anti_fake.html] - they don't supply them in boxes anymore so I'd guess that you should take it for granted that it's a fake.
You MAY be lucky that it's in fact 'old stock' & by checking the rest of the card it may turn out to be a genuine article (especially if the card slot is curved) - but I would guess that all old stock would've been all used up by now.

If it turns out to be a Fake - contact the supplier & you may be lucky that they will replace it with one of the genuine articles. If they won't - ask for your money back & buy from somewhere else.

You can always ask here in the forums to see who's brought one from where & whether it was genuine or not

burning_phoneix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Don't worry, I'm a long time customer to this shop so I know they'll refund me if it's a fake.

One of the good signs I saw on the box was that it had the official URL (ndstt.com) rather than an alternate one which is a good way to distinguish fake card in my experience.

And considering my country, I think we might still have some old stock lying around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro