New ad network - centralize discussions here

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
We have switched to a new ad network just recently. We're still working out the kinks, please bear with us until we're done :)

Known issues, which will be addressed by our supplier as soon as possible:
- bottom adverts on mobile are too big
- <please post in this thread if you are getting other issues>

On most ads you will also see a "report ad" button, please click it to report it, obviously. There's no need to report it again on the forums since we'll only tell you to use that report button.

Also, please keep in mind that these ads arent there just for the fun of it. We need revenue to keep servers going, to allow some staff to get (small) payments to keep the site alive, and ... competitions. A big one's coming up real soon, if you've been following the Switch forums you know what I'm talking about. ;)

• Please contact our advertising representatives at Playwire for ad rates, packages and general advertising information.
  • All display advertising on our site is managed by Playwire. If you would like to advertise please visit www.playwire.com or email [email protected].

Last edited by Costello,

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20190906-095920.png

had a mix up in where to post this sorry

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Tldr, why does the ad on mobile keep popping up every 10 seconds, so annoying, and yes I understand about ad revenue, but surly the more ads, the more people will use ad blockers.
That short post is too long for you to read? Seriously?
Here's a short version: report annoying ads. Whining will get us nowhere.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tldr, why does the ad on mobile keep popping up every 10 seconds, so annoying, and yes I understand about ad revenue, but surly the more ads, the more people will use ad blockers.
As far as I understand it it's because, in this order:
0- so-called modern browsers are defective by design by not only allowing unsolicited remote code execution in the form of javashit, but having actively removed user-accessible options to do so (you can solve the issue with an extension such as uMatrix, uBlock Origin in advanced mode, or NoScript - in my order of preference)
corollary of 0 - advertisers, social buttons, and similiar naggers are seemingly incapable of doing their job without wasting your processing power through the use of javashit (even after removing the easylist-based default blacklists, you will notice many pages are a lot cleaner)

1- advertiser submits ad to more or less reputable ad provider, has it approved
2- advertiser edits ad (which is technically a separate page embedded in an iframe) to include code to redirect the page containing it
3- evidently, a very nominal review is done on the new ad (if any at all) and therefore it enters circulation until enough complaints are lifted and taken seriously
4- advertiser may or may not get banned, repeat from step 1

Website owners have little practical control on the exact content that gets peddled on their pages, and poor ethics such as those of this example only make it worse for everyone...

----

Right now I'm getting a banner on the bottom of the page:
Capture.PNG
if the iframe is opened as a standalone page, it just redirects to gbatemp, but by inspecting the source, the link is to
https://paid.outbrain.com/network/r...8v_v2zMWHsg2-LHnz3IXaf5BbeqFpg&c=85bb6d72&v=3
and the picture is
https://images.outbrainimg.com/tran...ksImgiOjEwOSwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg

@digitalforums, look at my example too - do you call Outbrain (which you may recognize from the obviously clickbait titled external articles on many "news" websites and blogs) a name you associate with ethical advertising?

Last edited by Ryccardo,

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That short post is too long for you to read? Seriously?
Here's a short version: report annoying ads. Whining will get us nowhere.
Yes this short post of 15 pages is too long and I don't need you to tell me what to do, simple question and I'm not whining, surly you understand the meaning of whining.

I already report the ads.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes this short post of 15 pages is too long and I don't need you to tell me what to do
I wasn't telling you to read the entirety of this thread. You just need to read and act upon the OP.
And if you reported the ads, why come here and say nothing that contributes to the thread?

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I spent the last 5 minutes trying to click the ad it showed me. Nothing happened. It won't open the website.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi this happens when an ad is loaded on the middle when in mobile. It sucks on UX and UI design because users will have a hard time reading the forum post.
Same problem with me, first ad miss the rest of the page, the problem there is another 2 ads running in the same page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190914-093401.png
    Screenshot_20190914-093401.png
    915.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_20190914-093453.png
    Screenshot_20190914-093453.png
    393.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20190914-093423.png
    Screenshot_20190914-093423.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20190914-093441.png
    Screenshot_20190914-093441.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by aos10,
Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi this happens when an ad is loaded on the middle when in mobile. It sucks on UX and UI design because users will have a hard time reading the forum post.

Same problem with me, first ad miss the rest of the page, the problem there is another 2 ads running in the same page.
I was wondering what caused that. I thought it was Chrome Beta being temporarily fucky.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
D

Deleted User

Getting post deformation through chrome on my Galaxy s10+ as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190914-181016_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-181016_Chrome.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1