New 3DS stuck and freeze when download anything

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I have a New 3DS and I've been a long time without using it.

But now I have used it again and I dont know why, when I try to upload, or download or using some online features ingame, most of the time the console stuck and totally freeze and I have to force power off.

Im trying multiples solutions, I do CTRTransfer, Format SD, change SD, update firm through recovery mode, and nothing works.

I don't know what to do and Im afraid that it is the wifi module. There's a possibility to fix that without replace the wifi antenna?

Yzard93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I have a New 3DS and I've been a long time without using it.

But now I have used it again and I dont know why, when I try to upload, or download or using some online features ingame, most of the time the console stuck and totally freeze and I have to force power off.

Im trying multiples solutions, I do CTRTransfer, Format SD, change SD, update firm through recovery mode, and nothing works.

I don't know what to do and Im afraid that it is the wifi module. There's a possibility to fix that without replace the wifi antenna?

I update my case because it is getting weird.

A friend has brought his 3DS that he also has with CFW so that he could try to download something using my wifi and it turns out that exactly the same thing happens to him as with my 3DS, so I have tried to connect my 3DS to the 4G internet of my mobile and for there it works perfectly.
It turns out that it is the router that causes those freezes on the console when I use online functions or download something, but I have tried both connecting the 3DS to the 2.4GHz network and putting a static IP on it and putting it inside the DMZ and nothing of that fixes the problem with connection, it keeps freezing.

I don't know what else to try with the router.

• Sad
Reactions: LunaQ

LunaQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I update my case because it is getting weird.

A friend has brought his 3DS that he also has with CFW so that he could try to download something using my wifi and it turns out that exactly the same thing happens to him as with my 3DS, so I have tried to connect my 3DS to the 4G internet of my mobile and for there it works perfectly.
It turns out that it is the router that causes those freezes on the console when I use online functions or download something, but I have tried both connecting the 3DS to the 2.4GHz network and putting a static IP on it and putting it inside the DMZ and nothing of that fixes the problem with connection, it keeps freezing.

I don't know what else to try with the router.
Oddly enough i did exactly what you did, switch the connection from my wifi router to my phone data and suddenly all freezing and black screens stopped completely. and just to test it out, i reconnect my home wifi router and the problems instantly returned. I'm using a 2ds xl and I still have yet to figure out how and why this occurred in the first place. It's such a niche and perplexing topic, with every googling leading to many assumptions yet rarely ever get the same issue and Temporary solution that matches yours and mine. I am unable to rely on mobile data due to it's limited quota, hopefully one of us manages to find a solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!