Hardware New 3ds cracked screen, many dead pixels.

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I messed up. I got a crack on my screen, at first there were a few dead pixels and it was pretty small, but it was annoying nonetheless. Slowly but surely, the dead pixels disappeared... until the crack expanded further and further and now there are dead pixels all over the top of the screen. Some of them have been noticeably expanding vertically, others have been retracting. I couldn't find any repair shops that do New 3ds in my area, and my warranty ran out (even if it didn't I have CFW). I have watched those "get rid of dead pixels" videos on YouTube on my 3ds but they didn't make a difference. Here's a picture:https://m.imgur.com/a/5OZzR. Sorry for low quality, what can I do about it? I don't want to buy a new 3ds as that would be pretty expensive.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I messed up. I got a crack on my screen, at first there were a few dead pixels and it was pretty small, but it was annoying nonetheless. Slowly but surely, the dead pixels disappeared... until the crack expanded further and further and now there are dead pixels all over the top of the screen. Some of them have been noticeably expanding vertically, others have been retracting. I couldn't find any repair shops that do New 3ds in my area, and my warranty ran out (even if it didn't I have CFW). I have watched those "get rid of dead pixels" videos on YouTube on my 3ds but they didn't make a difference. Here's a picture:https://m.imgur.com/a/5OZzR. Sorry for low quality, what can I do about it? I don't want to buy a new 3ds as that would be pretty expensive.

Replace the screen yourself then...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things: I checked for replacement sceens online and could only find O3ds or 3ds XL, secondly I'd probably fuck my console up as I hear it's the hardest piece to do yourself on O3ds.

If you have a chance to take apart the New 3DS (original), try comparing the top LCD to that of the Old 3DS (original). The reason why you or no one seem to be able to find an replacement LCD is because the two might share the same screen models.

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a chance to take apart the New 3DS (original), try comparing the top LCD to that of the Old 3DS (original). The reason why you or no one seem to be able to find an replacement LCD is because the two might share the same screen models.
The New 3ds screen is a bit larger than the o3ds screen, so unfortunately that's not possible.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 3ds screen is a bit larger than the o3ds screen, so unfortunately that's not possible.

Try contacting this seller on aliexpress. He might carry the part in question.

Replacement Top Upper bottom LCD Screen Display for Nintendo 3DS XL LL for psp1000 2000 3000 for NDS/for NDSL/FOR NDSi XL LL

Replacement-Top-Upper-bottom-LCD-Screen-Display-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-LL-for-psp1000-2000.jpg

Super1710

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that buying a screen to repair myself would work as a last resort, seeing as I can find barely any documentation on the screen and I'm not good with hardware, but I find it interesting how the black pixels retract and expand, is there a way to get rid of them without necessarily replacing the screen? I know it's very unlikely there is but I think I'm screwed every other way.

Last edited by Super1710,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that would work as a last resort, seeing as I can find barely any documentation on the screen and I'm not good with hardware, but I find it interesting how the black pixels retract and expand, is there a way to get rid of them without necessarily replacing the screen? I know it's very unlikely there is but I think I'm screwed every other way.

Do you drink tea from a cracked tea cup? Maybe one slightly chipped on the brim, that's your favorite cup, and you don't want to let it go.

Well, that's exactly like what your broken LCD is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land