New: 1258 - Onimusha Tactics (U)

rh0gee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey what gives? I try to save but get a "error saving" message in the game. fatv8 couldn't patch it (said it was fine). any ideas I'm using f2a (128mbit) and pogo 1.2.1h1
ok ok, I'm a dumb arse. I was trying to do multiple patches to the rom w/ fat v8. I tried FATv8 again with just doing the sram patch and it worked. It's running like a champ now.

move along people, there's nothing to see here...

Vizenzo

Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
Onimusha is good
happy.gif

soldreth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it amusing when people call new tactics games "FFTA clones," especially since Tactics Ogre was released almost 2 years before Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. If anything, FFTA would be a clone of Tactics Ogre, but GBA isn't the first system to father the tactics genre.

I am glad to hear that Onimusha Tactics is being compared to Tactics Ogre. I enjoyed Tactics Ogre very much, because of the great deal of freedom you have in terms of gameplay. You can hire guys and name them how you wish, and persuade enemies to join your cause. You can move wherever you want on the map and accelerate the plot as you wish. As it unfolds it becomes a lot more interesting and all the battles are for specific plot events. I was highly disappointed at Final Fantasy Tactics, where you are randomly given more units with preset names and stats. There is very little customization, and the entire plot is basically a bunch of missions over and over. There isn't much conflict, you're just a band of mercenaries. Not to mention the intro is just a rip-off of the old late 80's movie, "Neverending Story."

Ramus

Trophies
Website
members.rogers.com
XP
Country
United States
I find it amusing when people call new tactics games "FFTA clones," especially since Tactics Ogre was released almost 2 years before Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. If anything, FFTA would be a clone of Tactics Ogre, but GBA isn't the first system to father the tactics genre.

I am glad to hear that Onimusha Tactics is being compared to Tactics Ogre. I enjoyed Tactics Ogre very much, because of the great deal of freedom you have in terms of gameplay. You can hire guys and name them how you wish, and persuade enemies to join your cause. You can move wherever you want on the map and accelerate the plot as you wish. As it unfolds it becomes a lot more interesting and all the battles are for specific plot events. I was highly disappointed at Final Fantasy Tactics, where you are randomly given more units with preset names and stats. There is very little customization, and the entire plot is basically a bunch of missions over and over. There isn't much conflict, you're just a band of mercenaries. Not to mention the intro is just a rip-off of the old late 80's movie, "Neverending Story."
Soldreth, considering it used the FFTA engine.
It IS a clone...
Now, some games use engines and are not clones...
Such as games like Jedi Knight, using the quake 3 engine.
But these games are made better...
This game was made worse...
Therefore its a butchered clone of FFTA
tongue.gif

P.S If you like Ogre because of freedom.. you're really not going to like this. There is NO freedom. You go through each mission as they set you into it. Reguardless of who dies, or what happens. Each time you get either A) The same Story or B) Game over. You can not actually move on the map by yourself, as it does it automatically to follow it's pretty horrible story. ;P

GimpyBob

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is OK, actually.

It's "set" in fuedal Japan, with Oda Nobunaga and all that. I like it so far. Definitely better than most of the 10 year old ported games and other assorted "shovelware" that gets put on the GBA.

This and Sword of Mana will be a good deal of entertainment value. It's a good month for releases.

Mario & Luigi, Sword of Mana and this. Good stuff.

MeTaL MuLsH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soldreth, considering it used the FFTA engine.
It IS a clone...
Now, some games use engines and are not clones...
Such as games like Jedi Knight, using the quake 3 engine.
But these games are made better...
This game was made worse...
Therefore its a butchered clone of FFTA
tongue.gif

P.S If you like Ogre because of freedom.. you're really not going to like this. There is NO freedom. You go through each mission as they set you into it. Reguardless of who dies, or what happens. Each time you get either A) The same Story or B) Game over. You can not actually move on the map by yourself, as it does it automatically to follow it's pretty horrible story. ;P
You just contradicted yourself first you say that Onimusha used FFTA's Engine so it's a clone but then you say Now, some games use engines and are not clones.

So really what you mean is All games that use the same engine as another game are clones except games that you like.

If this is a clone it would be from FFT(PSX) not FFTA because FFTA was not the first to use this game engine. By your own standards FFTA is a clone.

I loved FFT for the PS it's a shame how they butchard it it with FFTA. The only game that comes close to FFT is OT KoL, but with that said it's still it's own game

A clone would be this
QUOTE said:
Billy gose to the zoo one day & wile there he is transported to the past by an Evil Wizard
One day sally goes to the wild animal park. As she is leaving a Wicked Witch sends her to Oz
Exact same story just worded different
Game engines are reused because people like them and their is only so many ways you cane make a game work well. But just because the game mechanics are the same dosen't mean it's a copy or a clone. Thats like saying a 68' Cheavy Camero & an 87' Honda Civic are the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just order from a site like Amazon so returns are less of a bitch