New: 1191 - The Hobbit (E)

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is innocently cute for some reason...
Although there seems too be an abundance of fetchquests in the early part of the game...it has a certain "let's see what happens next feel"
Battles are action-based which is cool
The only thing which would score less were this a review, are the graphics...
i find them rather muddy and the characters lack detail (perhaps it's because they are so tiny)
It's fine looking beyond the graphical side of the game - It is typically a Sierra type game - and as Tempest pointed out, it does have the Lord Of The Rings feel to it....
In short its a nice Action Rpg which for those that like them - should make do until Sword Of Mana get's a USA release

smile.gif

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I remember reading that book before when I was still in school. I didn't know anything about LOTR back then but I do know for a fact that this one is a prequel to the Fellowship of the Ring. I'll try to find and download it to see how it will turn out.

DJLO

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guys,

I need some help. Im at the point where im crossing the bridge that needs the password, and i forgot to write it down and cant figgurte it out.
Anyone know what it is. Please and thanks

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
What's the game style anyway? Run-And-Search, Kill-And-Level-Up, Talk-And-Sleep or something else?
talk and eat
tongue.gif

I read The Hobbit about a year or more ago, it was so..................boring
huh.gif

I started reading the fellowship of the ring at the start of this year, I'm still upto page 50 or so. The movies are great but the books are so horribibly slow and boring. I might try this game out when i have some time, seems like it actual might be decent.

Angelical_1

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys,

I need some help. Im at the point where im crossing the bridge that needs the password, and i forgot to write it down and cant figgurte it out.
Anyone know what it is. Please and thanks
DJLO

Your question re: "The Hobbit" has been answered HERE.

Kind Regards Angelical_1

nova21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read The Hobbit about a year or more ago said:
http://gbatemp.net/vanilla/emoticons/huh.gif[/img]
I started reading the fellowship of the ring at the start of this year, I'm still upto page 50 or so. The movies are great but the books are so horribibly slow and boring. I might try this game out when i have some time, seems like it actual might be decent.
The movies would never have been made had the books not been as fantastic as they are. The Hobbit isn't as good as LOTR but is still a good childrens book and in some ways pretty epic in scope.
LOTR is arguably the best fantasy novel ever written, yes it can be hard to initially read the books but it's partly nowadays because english language has been so dumbed down that people struggle to hold onto anything that isn't written the way we speak in public in the present.
The first book, FOTR can be slow but that's some of the best character development you'll ever find in a book, it's not supposed to be all about action 24/7, and if it were so boring it wouldn't be one of the longest selling and amongst the highest selling books of all time.

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah I agree with you, people are looking for straight action in the books, but you need character development as well, because even though the films were 3 hours long it missed heaps (yes why did Peter Jackson cut out Tom Bombadil, hes a good character). But I might looks at this game if not just out of curiosity to whether its follows the book at all

squiredog

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is actually suprisingly good so far...

The only complaint I have so far is the save points. Whilst they come along prett often , it would have been nice to save from the pause menu.

Apart from that though , its a really cool game with good graphics that does the book proud.

Well worth the download
smile.gif

ent

for breakfast
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read The Hobbit about a year or more ago, it was so..................boringÂ
huh.gif

you think the lord of the rings is slow, wait till you read the Silmarillion, the sort of prequel to the Hobbit. It's about the First Ages etc. It's got to be one of the slowest books/hardest to read ever.

I remember when I first read the books when I was 11, i didn't understand half of the words heheheh.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't think the books are crappy otherwise the people would not like it but I can't judge it: never read the books (only the hobbit but I can't remember it anymore, was too young back then) and never wathed one of the movies... Phantasy is really not my style.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Looks like they never read Murphy's Law... otherwise they would know that it's not a good habit to sing for that something happens (remebers me of T2-DEF... haha... great mod).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-