Netflix Developing a Live-Action Zelda Series

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
"Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!"

This could be pretty cringey.
Maybe it will look like that mock up Zelda movie trailer from a few years back.

Reactions: VinsCool

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it is reported that the series would be akin to HBO's Game of Thrones, but in a more family friendly context.
So in other words: nothing like Game of thrones. :P

In all seriousness: whomever thought up this comparison didn't know either series, and probably neither. Game of thrones has all these different parties where pretty much everyone has their own agenda. In Zelda, the whole thing boils down to "good vs evil" so much it's almost a cliché. Tom Bombadildo's breakdown is pretty much spot on (and even then, I wonder what that "family fun" part is...shots of people riding horses, perhaps?).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So the original source for this was the wall street journal, are they typically considered to be reliable?
Because reading their article, the only piece of information that they have is that it is in the pre-planning stage at netflix.
No indication of any source and the article seems to have been whipped up in 5 seconds.
about an ordinary boy named Link who must rescue a princess named Zelda and save a fantasy world called Hyrule, said a person familiar with the matter.
The writer of this article didn't even bother to do any research on what Zelda is, by the sounds of it they just asked their friend what it is and wrote it down.
I'll just believe it when it's announced.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still waiting on a conformation for that animated Mario movie. I'm kinda hoping both these things become a reality.

We've gotten a taste of a live action Mario movie and an animated Zelda TV series. When are we going to get the animated Mario movie and the live action Zelda series (aka How it should have been all along)?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Animal Crossing x GTA
that would be so epic!
FatKid.jpg

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Being fair, they don't have to follow the plot of any past game, to those thinking this will be an oot or tp based show.
It could be an original plot based in the zelda universe. Hell skyward sword was pretty much an anime, so I don't see a reason why this couldn't work as long as Nintendo and netflix can agree on ideas and as long as Nintendo doesn't child it down too much.
Personally I have high hopes for this show. It needs to right the wrong of the american bastardization that came in cartoon format.

art_zeldaCartoon-01.jpg

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Ummm... if it wasn't for keeping hold of past memories you wouldn't know the story of your great great grandparents now would you? History it's everywhere man.
I'm not going to tell you but just fucking leave the past in the past and move on.

Link needs a proper voice than "HAYAAH" which is annoying as it is.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not going to tell you but just fucking leave the past in the past and move on.

Link needs a proper voice than "HAYAAH" which is annoying as it is.

The Link talking thing is going to be very hard to deal with.
In the games he doesn't talk, yet he's in a world full of people who do talk that don't draw any attention to the fact that he doesn't talk.
How would you manage to pull that off in a live action series?
Imagine how weird it would be to see that side-quest from skyward sword where the shopkeeper would always think Link is flirting with her.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!"

This could be pretty cringey.
Maybe it will look like that mock up Zelda movie trailer from a few years back.

WELL EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!

Dammit, you guys! I wanted to say that!

Hopefully this will be true to the games and not be cheesy. I expect it to be darker and more aimed at adults who grew up playing the series but we shall see...

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Damnit! I was really hoping for Disney Channel's The Legend of Zelda, starring Zac Efron as Link, the Sprouse twins as young Link, and Ashley Tisdale as Zelda! And guest starring Sora from Kingdom Hearts! :angry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz