ROM Hack Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ayanami Raising Project DS

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love the translation, but now I regret that I'm a "grammar nazi" xD
There are a lot of typos like "your" instead of "you're", or "im" instead of "I'm". Sorry, couldn't resist x)
Maybe in the future when I get more into hacking and translating, I could join you and go through typos :) I'm not promising anything, but there's a possibility, sooo yeah. Good luck :D

Reactions: ComeTurismO

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, don't worry about it. I always do that but it's more of a UK thing, that's generally how we spell. America and UK have different spellings for different things, example: catalog or catalogue. I can always fix anything when need be with a few clicks, no biggy. Sometimes I do make mistakes and it's people like you who I will need to find them when I eventually make a release, I do my best to not but I run through thousands of lines of text and im bound to slip up here and there.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh, don't worry about it. I always do that but it's more of a UK thing, that's generally how we spell. America and UK have different spellings for different things, example: catalog or catalogue. I can always fix anything when need be with a few clicks, no biggy. Sometimes I do make mistakes and it's people like you who I will need to find them when I eventually make a release, I do my best to not but I run through thousands of lines of text and im bound to slip up here and there.
Well, I'm actually not American, but Serbian :3 Although I've been learning English in school since first grade (I was about 6 then), and I've pretty much perfected it now, 10 years later :D
I'll be glad to help you spot every typo once you release the beta/full translation ;)

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I didn't mean you were American by that but was just contrasting the differences between 2 countries who use the English language, anyway thanks. Im finishing up the progress update so I'll post that soon.

Reactions: Lycan911

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Patuli and Lycan911

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Read the full progress update I made, comment your thoughts and you totally get a download link to an in-progress version of the translation.
Ermahgerd, I'm so hyped xD

Damn, that was the longest thing I read in a while. But yeah, here are my opinions:
1) Relationship. It's awesome that you get to actually be in a relationship with Rei, but the kissing parts were TOTALLY unexpected o_o For a moment I thought that I was looking at Love Plus. Don't judge me.
2) The jokes. You. Are. A. Genius. If you made jokes like that in the translation as well, I can right now, without even playing it, say that this is my favorite translation project ever.
3) Asuka. How do you unlock her? Does she have her own hecka long story as a main character, like Rei, or is she just a side character? I kinda like Asuka more than Rei, don't judge me (again) :3
4) Valentine's. That scene of Rei making chocolate is so cute *drools*
5) Routes. I like that this game has different story depending on what you do, it's the first time I see such a game on the DS :3
6) Doujinshi. Psst, psst! If I find any doujinshi connected to Raising Project, you'll be the first one I'll send them to. What? Who said that?

PS: You wrote "groom and bridge" instead of "groom and bride" in the post x)

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was the perfect bait to get someone to read it, I'm hilarious. Glad to see you did though, yea I made many typo errors in that post. It was huge and took a while to type up so that was expected. I just bet you guys love all the pointless references I made to various media, oh I know you do. I refrained from "hit me baby one more time" (Yes, that one) but that's for the next progress update. It was sad to see nobody picked up on my movie reference to from dusk to dawn here.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Weeeeell, my brother just broke the hinge on my DS Lite, so I guess I won't be needing the in-progress version for a while xD But I could still use the emulator OwO
hemy4e8y.jpg

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check out this ending for the pc version. Eww, and yes that is Rei. There's a name for this, someone quickly.They removed and changed a bunch when they ported it to the PS2 and NDS, this is one of many.
-WouR.png

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Check out this ending for the pc version. Eww, and yes that is Rei. There's a name for this, someone quickly.They removed and changed a bunch when they ported it to the PS2 and NDS, this is one of many.

Do you mind doing a list of changes between the DreamCast, PC, and PS2 NDS versions?
That would be interesting to see what's added or removed.

xPearse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I was going to do that in the end, for one thing they removed and replaced a bunch of endings when they ported it to the ps2. Most notably the BDSM ending, they also changed some ending pics and redrawn some event pics in the ps2 port. Also actually balanced the game because the original PC release was heavily unbalanced and buggy, the affection stat got messed up sometimes. When Rei died, she saw Shinji instead of the player even though she was in love with me. That's one of the aspects of the game and they messed it up, Gainax never even bothered to fix those bugs. They did release a patch though but it doesn't fix any of the major problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*