Hacking NeoGamma R8 beta test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow! I just tested NeoGamma R8r17 with cIOS38 r17 and I'm VERY impressed. Smash Bros. Brawl ran fine, Gamecube games ran fine, everything is looking great!

The only thing I don't like is the first screen saying "you are using cIOS r17, to get better compatability use cIOS r13b or 14". That would be nice to have gone, and of course an autoboot wad version of this NeoGamma r8v17 would be awesome.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Default settings. Just popped SSBB in, ran NeoGamma r8-17 with cIOS38r17 installed and it ran. 4.1U Wii.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
oscarj08 said:
Neogamma R8 beta 17 English Channel Fully Compatible With Cios Rev 15
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9D2HMHFE (Fixed)
Neogamma R8 beta 17 Spanish Channel Fully Compatible With Cios Rev 15

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OROOXWVS

-Fully Compatible With Cios Rev 15
-NSMB Wii Works 100% Without .Wip Files (tested PAL-FIX version)
-Free Error 001 and 002
-Recomended For 3.2
-Dual layer Disc Support

-Wont Work on 4.2 (if you can run this on 4.2 it can be too dangerous)
-Metroid Trilogy only game that Wont Work (use uloader 3.6a cios 222 dol method)
-Wont Work with Cios rev 16

At Least it works for me on 3.2U (NTSC).

wii.scenebeta.com

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's alright. I am fine with cIOS rev 14 because i hate the message say about 15 and above should be cIOS rev 14 and I will wait for wiipower to fix the next version or possibly in the future.
smile.gif
I am happy for with unpatch NSMB and Resident Evil Dark Chronicles DVDR are working just fine.
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RockmanForte said:
RockmanForte said:
With cIOS 14, NeoGamma R8 Beta 17 and SNE01.dol and unpatch backup dvdr works fine.
smile.gif

@WiiPower:

The House Of The Dead 2
(NTSC-U)
Extract hod2.dol - Rename to RHDE8.dol

And run the latest version with cIOS 14 and it was successed and I was able to play house of the dead 2 unpatch from my dvdr but when I exit the house of the dead 2 so I can switch to house of the dead 3 but the screen become black. It was not able to come back to title so I turn the power off and I will have to switch back to Wii menu and go to house of the dead 3 instead. How come ? Thanks.

Can you please answer my question, please ? Thanks.
smile.gif

I don't get your problem.

QUOTE(oscarj08 @ Jan 17 2010, 01:13 AM)
@ Wiipower
i want to tell you that Now neogamma is compatible 100% with cios rev 17 and gc games works again XD free error 001 and without timeout and NSMB wii works perfect without .wip files

New Super Mario Bros works, unpatched, no BCA patch, no .wip file with the latest NeoGamma? Either the dip module knows the BCA data for the game(nice), or it does some nasty main.dol patch(bad). Does anybody know details?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sefi said:
Wow! I just tested NeoGamma R8r17 with cIOS38 r17 and I'm VERY impressed. Smash Bros. Brawl ran fine, Gamecube games ran fine, everything is looking great!

The only thing I don't like is the first screen saying "you are using cIOS r17, to get better compatability use cIOS r13b or 14". That would be nice to have gone, and of course an autoboot wad version of this NeoGamma r8v17 would be awesome.

Try this:

http://www.megashare.net/DEZSP3HHU10G/boot.dol.html

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
bula, is this an autoboot version, or does it just remove the first screen saying "you are using cIOS r17, to get better compatability use cIOS r13b or 14", or both?

Just removed first screen, maybe tomorrow will work on that if I get some time.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
Sefi said:

Try this:

http://www.megashare.net/DEZSP3HHU10G/boot.dol.html

can you also provide the source aswel

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
xflak40 said:
Neogamma package is here!

it includes the following
-Neogamma Forwarder Channel - BKCW (which forwards to the following Directories:)
SD:/apps/neogamma/boot.dol
SD:/apps/neogamma/boot.elf
USB:/apps/neogamma/boot.dol
USB:/apps/neogamma/boot.elf
-Neogamma r8 beta 17 Channel - NEOG
-Neogamma r8 beta 17 for cIOS199 Channel - NEOG (cIOS199 mod by wiichopx)
-Neogamma r8 beta 17 (with source) for HBC
-Neogamma r8 beta 17 for cIOS199 for HBC (cIOS199 mod by wiichopx)
-cIOS199 rev 14 WAD (same as cIOS 249 rev 14 but installs to slot 199 instead)

*note that these versions of Neogamma are untouched and they will not work with cIOS249 rev 15 or rev16 (or cIOS199 rev 15 or rev16), you must use cIOS249 rev14 (or cIOS199 rev14) or another compatible cIOS.

(both channels and the forwarder look exactly like this channel on youtube (by vettacossx), except I inserted new dols and changed the title to "Neogamma" and I also changed the title ID)

Download the Neogamma Package Here!

Forwarder Note: personally I prefer a forwarder channel but it requires an SD card or a FAT32 hard drive (with neogamma in the apps folder) connected to your wii for it to work

Other Channels Note: when pressing exit wii freezes, but shouldn't be as issue as long as you launch a game and return to the system menu from the within the game via the home menu (I haven't tested the forwarder yet, it may or may not have the same problem)

cIOS199 (cIOS249-v13).wad is available for download HERE (useful for dual layer support)

the forwarder , when it exit neogamma ,show dsi screen

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Neogamma R8 beta17 with cIOSrev17 is awesome! No DL bug, tested with SSBB, intro video played fine. NSMB disc is running also fine without any patches. GC disks are also working.

Only the rebooter sucks... I still get the error message after launching a game through the disk channel, (no preloader, no hacks, systemmenu 4.1, bootmii).

And I get 002 error with metroid prime trilogy DL, patched to IOS249, I tried to launch it through the disk channel! There is no 002 when I launch it direct from neogamma.
I can reboot with Red steel patched to IOS249, metroid should also work or?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Still code dumping on using rebooter or exit...

WiiPower, is this because of the cIOS or is it NeoGamma itself?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
the ppl who get codedumps on exit using NeoGamma via a forwarder or channel need to reinject the internal dol and use Wanin's NAND loader and not Comex, then repackbthe wad, this can be done in seconds using Customizemii 2.1

YOCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@WiiPower
Is cIOS38 rev17 compatible with your Beta 17 Loader or should I stick with Rev14?
I play games only from dvd's..

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
the ppl who get codedumps on exit using NeoGamma via a forwarder or channel need to reinject the internal dol and use Wanin's NAND loader and not Comex, then repackbthe wad, this can be done in seconds using Customizemii 2.1

Can you please give a more detailed description on what to do?

I downloaded CustomizeMii, but have no idea what to do with it. And I also have no idea which file I should do it to? The internal dol in my forwarder channel or neogamma dol?

EDIT: Nevermind. I took a quick look and actually did it right! No more code dumps after changing the things u said. Awesome man. Tnx alot.

Also, big tnx to Wanin, Wiipower, xflak40 and bula. Great work, all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8