Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

yesterday i´ve modded two wii´s.

1. Wii:

Wii with Fw 4.2 - i´ve installed the hbc and dvdx, deleted the "222, 223, 249 and 250" with anytitledeleter, than i´ve used the truchabugrestorer
(startet with 36, downgrade ios15, startet with 15, used the ios36 menu, startet with 36 and restored the ios15), than i´ve installed the cios38 revision 17 as ios36 without errors.
Than i´ve tried Neogamma R8 and R9, but they are all freezing when i want to launch a game from DVD, at the "starting game..." screen.
Then i´ve tried the R7 Neogamme, and this is working great... but it does not have the ability to patch game, so its not an alternativ for me.

2. Wii:

Wii with Fw 4.1 - i´ve installed the hbc and dvdx, used the truchabugrestorer (same procedure like the other wii) and than i´ve installed Cios35 rev14 (worked great on other wiis in the Past, so i tried this) as ios36 without errors.
Than i´ve tried Neogamma R8 and R9, but they are all freezing when i want to launch a game from DVD, at the "starting game..." screen.
Then i´ve tried the R7 Neogamme, and this is working great... but it does not have the ability to patch game, so its not an alternativ for me.

Hmm, currently i´m not at home, so i cannot see the serialnumber from the wii to
prove that its a D3-2 Drive... but i dont think so, because Neogamma R7 is working great.

sorry for my bad english.
hope someone can help me
frown.gif

btw. the latest USB Loader revision is working great (testet on the Wii fw 4.1 without errors, but the games are on HDD).

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i´ve deleted the config file in root/neogamma, still same problem.
i´ve deleted the whole neogamme directory on the root, still same problem... i´ve formated the whole sd card und redownloaded neogamma and still not working...

hmm, neogamma v7 is working without problem, it is launching games without error.... but r8 and r8 are still freezing at the "starting game..." screen

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for the rant, but it still looks like you are booting the games with paused start. I have never heard of this problem before, either games get a disc read error before or freeze after that screen.

What game are you trying?

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem, i´ve tried many games.. monsters vs aliens, fifa 10, mario brothers...
and i havent changed the config.. the games are working with mdchip

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you get to the starting game screen, then the drive is backup compatible. If it wasn't you would get an error way before it.

What cIOS are you using now? You wrote it down, but such cIOS don't exist. And you get that same issue on at least 2 different games that work in other wiis? And do retail discs work in NeoGamma?

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, retail disc are not working.. and the backups i´ve tried are working on other wii´s with modchip.
ciosx rev 19 is currently on the wii, installed as ios 36...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
odd29 said:
ok, retail disc are not working.. and the backups i´ve tried are working on other wii´s with modchip.
ciosx rev 19 is currently on the wii, installed as ios 36...

Either that is your problem(cIOSrev19 as IOS36) or the problem is that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm how to install ciosx rev19 the right way ? any tutorials?

i´ve done it this way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65r8G7W55Uw...feature=related

opened ciosrev19 selected ios36 and used the offline wad installation.

before i installed the cios, i´ve installed the hbc and used the trucha bug restorer MOD.
One Question, i´ve used tbr MOD many times on wii´s with fw 4.0, 3.4 and also 4.2... is it only working with 4.2 wii´s ?
or can i also use it on the other wii´s ? maybe this is the problem ? but the wii with 4.2 is also not working with neogamme :/ hmmm

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*push*
please remember, that neogamma r7 is working..
i´ve also deleted the config file and formated the whole sd card.. and redownloaded neogamma r9.. still same problem

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What does NeoGamma R9 beta 9 say about the installed cIOS? I really have no clue why you can't even run retail discs?

odd29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the buttom it says: cios 249 rev19

maybe i´ve to install other cios ?
or is the problem because i´ve deinstalled the ios "222, 223, 249 and 250" at the fw4.2 wii with anytitledeleter ? ? ?
but after i had done this, i´ve installed the ciosx rev19... i also tried ciosx rev17 and the old rev14

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
What does NeoGamma R9 beta 9 say about the installed cIOS? I really have no clue why you can't even run retail discs?

QUOTE(odd29 @ Apr 21 2010, 08:10 AM) at the buttom it says: cios 249 rev19

maybe i´ve to install other cios ?
or is the problem because i´ve deinstalled the ios "222, 223, 249 and 250" at the fw4.2 wii with anytitledeleter ? ? ?
but after i had done this, i´ve installed the ciosx rev19... i also tried ciosx rev17 and the old rev14

1. You didn't do what i asked for
2. Stop using terms that don't exist

And IOS249 is related, but it only matters what you did last to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi