Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
ron975 said:
Neku looks awesome in rendered in 3D

I think it looks really dumb actually. As much as I utterly hate TWEWY, the drawings were pretty well done. Seeing him rendered in 3D makes him look like a brooding twelve year old with the worst fashion taste.
It's funny you should say that, a certain someone would agree.

Also, I don't think you hate it. Actually, I'm almost sure you don't hate it. You don't like it, but you don't hate it. From hearing your thoughts on it, I surmise that you don't hate it. You don't hate it.

Then again, who knows.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ron975 said:
Neku looks awesome in rendered in 3D

I think it looks really dumb actually. As much as I utterly hate TWEWY, the drawings were pretty well done. Seeing him rendered in 3D makes him look like a brooding twelve year old with the worst fashion taste.
It's funny you should say that, a certain someone would agree.

Also, I don't think you hate it. Actually, I'm almost sure you don't hate it. You don't like it, but you don't hate it. From hearing your thoughts on it, I surmise that you don't hate it. You don't hate it.

Then again, who knows.

that line is fast approaching...

and I'm sure that multiple someones would agree
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:

Then again, who knows.

No, I do. I tried playing it. The plot was so boring. The universe was boring (sorry I don't care about a place I'll never visit nor do I want to visit, I might as well drive to New York City for Christ's sake and see cool stuff there), the art design was bad (if this is really "modern" Japanese fashion then I think they need an intervention), the characters were annoying and fell for all the classic JRPG cliches, and it didn't even have a good battle system to save it. I can forgive cliched JRPGs if they have a good battle system. It's why I may borderline even say I enjoy FFXIII. The plot and characters are highly "bleh" but I really do like the combat. This was just a gigantic mess of inaccurate touch screen controls and then just "HEY CONTROL THE TOP SCREEN TOO", which is pretty stupid when your AI just does it for you. It felt like a game just servicing to a weaboo audience and it looks like it worked.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan, but the last thing I need is a thousand TWEWY fans harumphing over how good the story is and how deep the characters are and how innovative the battle system is (it's not innovative).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Then again, who knows.

No, I do. I tried playing it. The plot was so boring. The universe was boring (sorry I don't care about a place I'll never visit nor do I want to visit, I might as well drive to New York City for Christ's sake and see cool stuff there), the art design was bad (if this is really "modern" Japanese fashion then I think they need an intervention), the characters were annoying and fell for all the classic JRPG cliches, and it didn't even have a good battle system to save it. I can forgive cliched JRPGs if they have a good battle system. It's why I may borderline even say I enjoy FFXIII. The plot and characters are highly "bleh" but I really do like the combat. This was just a gigantic mess of inaccurate touch screen controls and then just "HEY CONTROL THE TOP SCREEN TOO", which is pretty stupid when your AI just does it for you. It felt like a game just servicing to a weaboo audience and it looks like it worked.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan, but the last thing I need is a thousand TWEWY fans harumphing over how good the story is and how deep the characters are and how innovative the battle system is (it's not innovative).
Well I guess you just sound like you don't hate it, but I'll take your word for it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Well I guess you just sound like you don't hate it, but I'll take your word for it.

Then what do I sound like? That I'm giving it smashing praise?

I don't like the game for everything in it, I hate it for what it is.
I dunno, to me you just sound like Guild. I guess that's because you say many things in the same tone, so to speak, and this is especially the case with things you dislike.

But whatever, it is what it is.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

you're being trolled Guild... Refraining from taking machomuu seriously is his kryptonite. Just remember...you're arguing with a 15 year old kid on the internet
wink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riposte said:
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

you're being trolled Guild... Refraining from taking machomuu seriously is his kryptonite. Just remember...you're arguing with a 15 year old kid on the internet
wink.gif
I just think hate is a word that's downplayed for what it is. I wanted to see if he truly hated it.

Though it is pretty rare that I actually bring it up, this may be my second time, the first being one of Tagzard's threads.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's cool that he's in KH3D, and that SE still remembers him and all, but god dammit, Give us a TWEWY 2 :/

Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Then again, who knows.

I found the story quite good, don't get me wrong, but I don't quite see how great it was, besides the fact that it was a "different" game. I'm a TWEWY fan and all, but only because I happened to like it. Though, if I hated a game, I wouldn't go too in depth about it, though, I do think it's much simpler to say "I just don't like the game."

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty poor as well. And fuck me the music, so so bad. I find it literally incredible that people consider this a game with good music..

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mr deez said:
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty poor as well. And fuck me the music, so so bad. I find it literally incredible that people consider this a game with good music..
It was actually one of my favorite parts about the game. Though some songs were hit or miss.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mr deez said:
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Alot of the songs I found catchy, though not necessarily "OMG AWESOME THIS MOOSICK IS GODLY". I preferred the japanese audio, though, so I undubbed my version.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Sep 15 2011, 06:26 PM)
Guild I'm curious, what games you actually enjoy? xD
Marvel vs Capcom?
mellow.gif

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
mr deez said:
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

It was actually one of my favorite parts about the game. Though some songs were hit or miss.

I didn't actively dislike them at first as such, but there's only so many times you can listen to that nonsense..

**checks youtube**

Actually on reflection I can see it has some merit, I think the repetition must have done it... plus the fact I wasn't enjoying the game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1