SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
SamAsh07 said:
Guild I'm curious, what games you actually enjoy? xD
Sam, don't get him started. I like Guild and all, but I can all ready see the flood of text followed by fan flaming and rampant Nintendo fanboys.
*zips it* Pretend I didn't post anything.

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mr deez said:
machomuu said:
mr deez said:
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Well I guess you just sound like you don't hate it, but I'll take your word for it.

Then what do I sound like? That I'm giving it smashing praise?

I don't like the game for everything in it, I hate it for what it is.

Yeah I thought it was pretty poor as well. And fuck me the music, so so bad. I find it literally incredible that people consider this a game with good music..
It was actually one of my favorite parts about the game. Though some songs were hit or miss.

I didn't actively dislike them at first as such, but there's only so many times you can listen to that nonsense..

**checks youtube**

Actually on reflection I can see it has some merit, I think the repetition must have done it... plus the fact I wasn't enjoying the game...

That's one thing I didn't like about the game, I still loved it but the songs were cut too short.
Even though some songs are just a looped version of their ingame versions.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
machomuu said:
SamAsh07 said:
Sam, don't get him started. I like Guild and all, but I can all ready see the flood of text followed by fan flaming and rampant Nintendo fanboys.

I don't see anything wrong with asking me a question, lol.

I just don't enjoy games that are so rooted in a fanbase that they only know how to cater to that. I prefer a game that takes a bold step into being a gamer's game, not a weaboo game or a nerd game (although pretty much all gamers are nerds). Like Mass Effect if you want a RPG. It combines good story telling, deep characters, an original universe that feels original while still borrowing the good aspects from sci-fi over the years, and the gameplay isn't half bad either. TWEWY, on the other hand, felt like a really blah story with a cast of copy-pasted characters that was aimed solely at a weaboo fanbase. I'm not a weaboo, I never even knew what the fuck a Shibuya was until this game came out and I Wikipedia'd it. I played the game and so much of it seemed focused on "LOOK WHERE YOU ARE!" like it felt like I was supposed to care.

EDIT: For the record, I have friends who aren't massive video gamers but enjoy basically sports games, friends who aren't massively into RPGs, and friends who are the Swiss army knife of gaming, and all of them massively love Mass Effect to the point of getting giddy when anything about it is announced. Yes, I was using "massive" as a pun.

I like games that either have a focus on the plot and make it good instead of just poking that fanboy spot in your brain or games that have no plot, know that, and play on that fact. Games like No More Heroes where explaining things is way too much for pussies when you can just hack people into bits. I do enjoy the occasional JRPG with an average story now and then but only when it has good combat (aka very samey turn based combat), not this cluttered mess.

EDIT2: I'm also kinda into instant satisfaction. I don't really feel like wading through shit for hours until I get into the good part when I can just easily play a game for the same amount of time that's good all the way through. Take Saint's Row for example. It's a game that basically plays as a GTA parody but realizes some of its flaws and just cuts them right out. Instead of doing stupid story developing missions where you do nothing but drive around or walk around, every mission is some insane scenario or full of explosions. It has no story but knows this and plays off of it. It's just a way to put you into insane situations and make you almost a god amongst mere mortals and have fun. Hence why Saint's Row The Third is amazing looking, especially when they have you enter THE FUCKING GRID and fight baddies LIKE IT'S FUCKING TRON. That's kick ass.

Yes, I know FFXIII only gets good "20 hours into it" but at least I can ogle at Lightning's oddly attractive features pretty graphics in the meantime and you gain access to the RPG aspects early enough in to care to play up to 20 hours.

I hope you enjoyed a small insight into my mind, thanks.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
SamAsh07 said:
machomuu said:
SamAsh07 said:

I don't see anything wrong with asking me a question, lol.

I just don't enjoy games that are so rooted in a fanbase that they only know how to cater to that. I prefer a game that takes a bold step into being a gamer's game, not a weaboo game or a nerd game (although pretty much all gamers are nerds). Like Mass Effect if you want a RPG. It combines good story telling, deep characters, an original universe that feels original while still borrowing the good aspects from sci-fi over the years, and the gameplay isn't half bad either. TWEWY, on the other hand, felt like a really blah story with a cast of copy-pasted characters that was aimed solely at a weaboo fanbase. I'm not a weaboo, I never even knew what the fuck a Shibuya was until this game came out and I Wikipedia'd it. I played the game and so much of it seemed focused on "LOOK WHERE YOU ARE!" like it felt like I was supposed to care.

EDIT: For the record, I have friends who aren't massive video gamers but enjoy basically sports games, friends who aren't massively into RPGs, and friends who are the Swiss army knife of gaming, and all of them massively love Mass Effect to the point of getting giddy when anything about it is announced. Yes, I was using "massive" as a pun.

I like games that either have a focus on the plot and make it good instead of just poking that fanboy spot in your brain or games that have no plot, know that, and play on that fact. Games like No More Heroes where explaining things is way too much for pussies when you can just hack people into bits. I do enjoy the occasional JRPG with an average story now and then but only when it has good combat (aka very samey turn based combat), not this cluttered mess.

EDIT2: I'm also kinda into instant satisfaction. I don't really feel like wading through shit for hours until I get into the good part when I can just easily play a game for the same amount of time that's good all the way through. Take Saint's Row for example. It's a game that basically plays as a GTA parody but realizes some of its flaws and just cuts them right out. Instead of doing stupid story developing missions where you do nothing but drive around or walk around, every mission is some insane scenario or full of explosions. It has no story but knows this and plays off of it. It's just a way to put you into insane situations and make you almost a god amongst mere mortals and have fun. Hence why Saint's Row The Third is amazing looking, especially when they have you enter THE FUCKING GRID and fight baddies LIKE IT'S FUCKING TRON. That's kick ass.

Yes, I know FFXIII only gets good "20 hours into it" but at least I can ogle at Lightning's oddly attractive features pretty graphics in the meantime and you gain access to the RPG aspects early enough in to care to play up to 20 hours.

I hope you enjoyed a small insight into my mind, thanks.
Wow, that's really detailed. But at least now all of us know what's your personal liking. Thanks for sharing it!
tongue.gif

I thought you hated RPGs...
closedeyes.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
closedeyes.gif

Not really, just ones like TWEWY. I hate a lot of JRPGs, although I do have my exceptions, but all RPGs would be insane. Fallout 3 was great in my opinion (I know tons of Fallout/Fallout 2 fans hate it so much but it was a fun game). Mass Effect raised the bar on gaming as a genre for me.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:
closedeyes.gif

Not really, just ones like TWEWY. I hate a lot of JRPGs, although I do have my exceptions, but all RPGs would be insane. Fallout 3 was great in my opinion (I know tons of Fallout/Fallout 2 fans hate it so much but it was a fun game). Mass Effect raised the bar on gaming as a genre for me.
Basically, you like western RPGs. I hate them.

Oppinions.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:
closedeyes.gif

Oppinions.
Personally I like some western RPGs, but I find some overall too graphically intense.

I like JRPGs more, as most of them have a more comfy and more anime-style feel.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:
closedeyes.gif

Oppinions.
Personally I like some western RPGs, but I find some overall too graphically intense.

I like JRPGs more, as most of them have a more comfy and more anime-style feel.
Personally I love both. RPG as a whole is probably my favorite genre, and while I generally play more JRPGs, I probably like them both [about] equally.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:
closedeyes.gif

Oppinions.
Same here. WRPGs just don't have the same appeal as JRPGs do. (To me at least)

But OT: I wonder if they will incorporate the "duel gameplay" for DDD since the 3DS has two screens as well. Neku on the bottom screen and Riku on top, that would be cool. OH and think of the Fusion moves they could do

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Dingoo-fan 32 said:
2012 is so far
frown.gif
I want this game sooo much
Like granville said, the project of BbS has really helped KH DDD, and hopefully will too for the dev of KH3, if they choose to use BbS Engine that is.
Dude 2012 is not that far. This year is almost at an end.
Why would you want them to add the BBS engine into KH3? Wouldn't you want much more better graphics on KH3 if it will be on the PS3?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
SamAsh07 said:
Dingoo-fan 32 said:
2012 is so far
frown.gif
Like granville said, the project of BbS has really helped KH DDD, and hopefully will too for the dev of KH3, if they choose to use BbS Engine that is.

Why would you want them to add the BBS engine into KH3? Wouldn't you want much more better graphics on KH3 if it will be on the PS3?
I don't think a game's engine determines graphics. Though I could be wrong.

Also, he never said anything about the engine, just saying that project BbS would help DDD. This could be in terms of gameplay capabilities, new characters, etc.
QUOTE(1234turtles @ Sep 15 2011, 09:14 PM)
I think neku makes one apperance and thats it, I wish I didn't think that but Icant see how it would work with him in the game.
The same way the Final Fantasy Characters do, I would guess. He has a story in this game and his appearance seems no different from that of Cloud or Squall.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Jakob95 said:
SamAsh07 said:
Dingoo-fan 32 said:
2012 is so far
frown.gif
The engine is the entire base of the game, not just the graphics. For instance, KH3D will look much better than BBS.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
TheDarkSeed said:
Maybe they should throw Love Machine in there to totally demolish everything and everyone!
biggrin.gif
Don't forget about King Kazuma.
happy.gif
But final boss battle with Love Machine is a Hanafuda match so... lol.

Anyways, excited to see Neku Sakuraba's 3D form, and it did not disappoint. I wish the soundtrack comes along with him (love O-Parts).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I don't think a game's engine determines graphics. Though I could be wrong.

Also, he never said anything about the engine, just saying that project BbS would help DDD. This could be in terms of gameplay capabilities, new characters, etc.

I think you're right, considering TvC and MvC3 use almost identical gameplay set ups (minus MvC3 having a different roster and 3 characters instead of 2) but MvC3 uses MT Framework and TvC uses something different (there is MT Framework Lite for the Wii but I don't believe TvC runs it, only Spyborgs, RE: Darkside Chronicles, and Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes). They could just incorporate the gameplay elements into a different engine.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im playing through kingdom hearts final mix again right now. ive played trough all of the games on the hardest difficulty and im doing it again starting with the first one while waiting for this awesome game.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we should all try to beat all the organization 13 members in KH2FM+ before the game come out, that would be fun! im gonna do a level one playthrough on KH2FM+

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SamAsh07 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
mangaTom said:
Vita port=Insta-buy!!!
tpi.gif

Fuck no I couldn't even stand playing Birth By Sleep and I'm basically a PSP guy.

The fact that people are going "OMG NEKU IS IN IT SO I'M INSTABUYING IT" is really sad. Fuck buying a game on its merits, it's got spiky haired protagonists from other games in it!
I lol'd at those ppl too, my reason to get the game is, well it's KH, can't leave a single title out or in the next major title, I'll be like "????????" Since KH 3D is said to be on par with a numbered title in plot, story etc. This is a must have for people who are eagerly awaiting the finale that is KHIII
the finale for xehanort's arc not the series itself
and yeah i will buy the game because i'm a kingdom hearts/ square enix fanboy because it looks awesome and i need to know the story

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.