• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First you will need to do the modmii setup.
Next, you will need to overwrite some files on your harddisk with the newer ones from the beta package.

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have tried to setup neek2o using modmii (uneek + di) and when whenever I load the neek2o channel from the Wii system menu it loads the nswitch screen and just hangs at "reloading bootmii ios". I have gone through the process 3 times, creating a different emunand each time, and get the same result. Also, the nswitch screen says "valid fat partition not found" even though my HDD is fat32 (32kb clusters) and is plugged into the wii. My hdd works with usb loader gx to load wii games.

I have read that using a newer beta version of neek2o obtained from the neek2o irc channel might fix my problem if the version of neek2o I am using isn't compatible with my usb hdd. But what I don't understand is, how to I use the new neek2o files when I get them if I am not using modmii?

Is neek2o still getting updated versions (ongoing project)?
Because my HDD has the same problems mentioned before.... sometimes stuck at "reloading bootmii", other times entering the emuNAND but crashes after some browsing, back-to-nand is not working, "look at your wii's guide" message, etc etc...

Just to be clear: I'm not rushing any developer to work faster, I'm happy that my emunand wiiwares work through wiiflow :)
I'm just wondering if there is ever going to be a public release of these beta versions, and not through an IRC channel

Petegamer331

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the best times of day to get on the neek2o irc channel? I typed in a request for the newest neek2o beta in the main chat window but have gotten no response and when I try to contact people individually that are listed in the channel, it just says "waiting for acknowledgement."

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What are the best times of day to get on the neek2o irc channel? I typed in a request for the newest neek2o beta in the main chat window but have gotten no response and when I try to contact people individually that are listed in the channel, it just says "waiting for acknowledgement."
You probably saw my link by now, if not... i am usually in round 10/11 PM UTC.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If neek2o development has stalled, is there a reason why the latest Beta isn't available on the neek2o google code source page?
The latest commit over there was from january 2013, almost 2 years ago.
It's a pretty long time for a Beta testing period.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will ask OverjoY if he can update the source a.s.a.p.

Stalled is probably the right word, he told me he is still not done with Neek2O but i think it will be a long time before anything happens.
I guess now is as good as time as any to release the beta source.

PS: don't ask me when it happens, it does when it does, i got no influence over it..

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's just... as long as it's not available, nobody else can work on it.
I can for instance imagine some might be interested to get it working on Wiiu.
(I don't have one, so it won't be me at the moment.)

Petegamer331

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to share how I was able to get neek2o to work for me. I had been trying to setup neek2o with a Seagate Goflex 1 TB external hard drive without any success and couldn't figure out why. I knew I had to have the drive setup as primary and active but was unable to set the drive as primary because any partition manager I used would not allow me to set the drive as primary. I noticed that my external hard drive was a GPT drive and that the main drive on my computer was an MBR drive so I thought maybe I should change my external drive type from GPT to MBR (do a quick google search to understand the difference between the two types). I did this using EaseUS partition master and it worked. Now neek2o recognizes my external HDD and neek2o loads with all my games/wiiware when I open it with the neek2o channel loader. Also, I am now able to load wiiware through USB loaders when previously I was not able to because my external drive was set as GPT instead of MBR.

To set your drive as MBR if it is GPT, use EaseUS partition master. First, make sure you back up whatever is on your drive, open the program up, locate your external drive within the program, right click on it and select the "delete all partitions" option. Now, right click on the external drive again within EaseUS partition master and select the first option "initialize to mbr". The drive will then be switched to the MBR type and you must then right click on the drive again, select "format drive", then make sure you format to fat32 with 32kb cluster size or less and make sure you set the drive to "primary" within the format settings window. You can also likely do all this using another partition master or possibly through windows but EaseUS is easy to use and free. Had I known about GPT and MBR drive types ahead of time it could have saved me hours of troubleshooting so I hope this helps the noobs out there.

stoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used Modmii to create emulated nands for each region (pal,ntsc and jap). I can start neek2o (r96) and it runs without a problem but when I try to switch to any other emulated nand in the settings my wii freezes and I need to do a hard reset. When I start neek2o again the new selected nand starts and again runs as expected. Am I doing something wrong or does anybody have any tips on how to solve this?

Jedman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never could work out how to get this fudding thing working, always hangs at reloading bootmi ios. maybe my emunand is to big? I have all the virtual console games in there.

Reactions: naddel81

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hangs at reloading and returns back to system menu/hbc, or freeze on a black screen?
If it's a black screen, it could be normal.

If it's the first time you launch EmuNAND using neek and you created your nand from scratch (not a NAND dump from your console), you need to wait a long time for the console to re-generate all needed files.
it can take 5-10mins, (or more if you have a lot of games)

If you forced a shutdown while it was creating the missing files, maybe you corrupted it and you should start over.
I recommend creating a new, clean and empty EmuNAND. boot it, let the console re-create the missing files.
Then, only then, add games to it.

Jedman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It hangs at reloading and just stays there.

I tried using a a new dump from my Wii, and it hanged on the reloading bootmii ios, I left it for several hours but nothing happened. the Wii light was flashing blue on and off in the disc tray.

Tried a nand created by modmii and it just hanged on the reloading screen again, but with no flashing from the disc drive.

Not sure what i'm missing here?

what is the correct process to follow when setting this up?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hours is very long.
first launching is long, but it's around 5-10min, not hours.

if the light is flashing it means the NAND couldn't load or the path is wrong or not found.

did you compile sneek or uneek?
if it's uneek, did you place the NAND on your first partition on your drive?
if it's correctly on first partition of the drive, the partition is MBR (not GPT) and primary (not extended or logical), FAT32 (not exFat or NTFS), and 32k/cluster, then it's maybe :
- your drive is 4096 bytes per sector... try another drive
- your drive is just not compatible, try another drive too

I wrote a guide to setup neek2o using a NAND dump from current console:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/driver-san-francisco-hangs-on-load-screen.389252/#post-5508831

I don't know if it will help.
Let me know if something is hard to understand or wrong in my guide.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I have the same issue. Stops at "Reloading Bootmii IOS". I formatted my SD Card again even though it was already Fat32 32k already, I did everything from scratch. But it always stops at Reloading Bootmii IOS"
Oh yeah I'm using modmii to prepare the files for my SD card (sneek)

edit: I just noticed here https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/ it says:
  • It can run from SD or USB without a SD card inserted.
and SD is crossed out, does that mean SD is not supported anymore? oO

edit2: it works with a USB drive even though i selected sneek not uneek, whats up with that?

Last edited by shadoom,

dentnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some issues with Neek2o USB. It seems that some Wiiware games work, while others crash. Here's my current situation:

1) I have used ModMii (latest version) to create a 4.3 PAL emunand. I have placed it into a nands directory as usb1:/nands/pal_eu. Perviously, I dumped my current Nand to Emunand with USB Loader GX and have been able to use this for save games.
2) I have Sneek USB (neek2o mod) installed on the HD at usb1:/sneek/
3) I am using USB Loader GX with neek2o support. I have tested booting wiiware via USB Loader (Set game loading Nand to 'Neek') as well which works for the working Wads mentioned below, but not the problematic wads.
4) I have successfully booted into the emunand and it can see my USB files - confirmed by using the 'Boot to Neek System Menu' option from USB Loader GX's 'Features' menu and pressing '1' to access Neeks hidden menu. Similarly, I have booted into the emunand with the nswitch app via homebrew channel.
5) I have installed a La-Mulana PAL backup wad into the Emunand. It boots, but there is an error, message displayed is something about 'System file is corrupt, please delete wad and redownload from the Wii shop'
6) I have installed the same PAL wad directly into my real Nand - game boots perfectly
7) I have installed Castlevania Adventure Rebirth, Cave Story, Nyx Quest etc into Emunand, game boots perfectly - this proves that the Emunand is working I guess
8) My 1TB drive is formatted to 32k clusters FAT32 (I used the Fat32 Gui Formatter from Modmii) Wii backups are working perfectly, as are GC backups via Nintendont. I have tested booting New Super Mario Bros, and game asks to do system update while using Neek.

Some other Wads that did not work: LIT, Lostwinds, And Yet It Moves, Swords and Soldiers
Wads that did worked so far: CastleVania Adventure Rebirth, Cave Story, Nyx Quest

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get all Wiiware games working in Neek2o? Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Cheers!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe neek2o is not creating the required folders if they are missing.
cIOS EmuNAND (not using neek mode in USBLoaderGX) had the same issue and it required the loader to create the save folder before launching the game.
I'll add an option to generate that folder if it's missing. maybe that will fix them with neek2o too.

Another (possible) solution is to create the savegame using a different boot method (cIOS mode using "emuNAND full" in the loader's setting instead of "emuNAND Neek"), Launch the game. Even if the game is not working, the loader will generate the missing folder first, so set it back to neek on next boot and it should work.

If it still doesn't work, it could be an issue with free space on your device. It seems some games don't like having too much free space (expecting NAND to be 512MB, not 2TB !). Try launching the game from RealNAND (install the wad on Wii) to create the savegame files. Then extract the savegames with USBLoaderGX > game > option > extract save, or using WiiXplorer to copy the folder and files to emuNAND path.

If both method doesn't work, then I don't know what the issue is.
Castlevania works fine for many users.
I tried it myself, cave story and la mulana are all working.

Shadoom:
SD card is not "officially" supported.
It should work, but it can be buggy.
it's better to use Uneek / Uneek+di if you enable "neek2o" option in Modmii.

I don't know why USB works if you selected Sneek. maybe you selected uneek? or a bug somewhere in modmii neek creation?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Shadoom:
SD card is not "officially" supported.
It should work, but it can be buggy.
it's better to use Uneek / Uneek+di if you enable "neek2o" option in Modmii.

I don't know why USB works if you selected Sneek. maybe you selected uneek? or a bug somewhere in modmii neek creation?

I havent seen a warning or error in the neek creation process and I have redone the whole process countless times. I tried sneek, sneek+di, uneek, uneek+di but sneek2o never really wanted to work from the SD card no matter what i chose, USB always seemed to work.
I've made peace with myself and accepted that its on USB now, thanks for your help though :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro