• Likes 5

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Finally managed to get uneek2o+di working.

I can't use a wad manager right? Or can I use showmiiwads to install a wad manager first, then run it from the emu nand's system menu using postloader?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can't use a wad manager right? Or can I use showmiiwads to install a wad manager first, then run it from the emu nand's system menu using postloader?
I believe they have a WadManagerGUI on the neek2o code.google page: link found in my sig.

Reactions: 1 person

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Does this WAD manager need a cIOS to install wads? As I'm using it from uneek2o. Also bow do I install it? Using showmiiwads? My main purpose for installing uneek2o is for wiiware and wii games which don't work nicely on a Wii with a real nand even with all the d2x cioses installed.. Can I install Wiiware normally and run it from the system menu?

I believe they have a WadManagerGUI on the neek2o code.google page: link found in my sig.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this WAD manager need a cIOS to install wads? As I'm using it from uneek2o. Also bow do I install it? Using showmiiwads? My main purpose for installing uneek2o is for wiiware and wii games which don't work nicely on a Wii with a real nand even with all the d2x cioses installed.. Can I install Wiiware normally and run it from the system menu?

I doubt you will need to have a cIOS installed to neek2o as it can do a lot w/o one :) but I do not have a current working emu-nand to give a definite answer albeit I am quite sure about my assumption.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i can't compile r81. at the last steps (ioskpatch) it says 3 times, no such file or directory. and the kernels end up with 0kb.
what's the changelog anyway? i was hoping for full diosmios compatibility (wbfs support breaks).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@blood-lust: it sorta depends which one. MMM and wiimod work fine.

For batch installing wiiware and VC games, it's probably easier to just plug your hard drive in your PC, start showmiiwads, choose 'showmiinand' and point it to your emulated nand. Then simply drag and drop all wiiware/VC you want to install into it. After clicking 'ok', it'll install everything one by one. After putting it on your wii again, all will be installed fine. :)

As kylster mentioned: uneek2o doesn't use cIOS. There are a couple that work, but aside from things like savegame manager gx, you won't even need it.

@others: erm...it's been a while since I messed with things. I just updated to rev80...and I notice that Metroid other M doesn't work again (the infamous skipping back to the beginning after starting to load the intro thing). I thought this was fixed some time ago...could it be that the fix for it got lost/undone somewhere between revisions? :unsure:

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for the double post, but I've got to ask the same question here:

Does anyone get DM to run under neek2o? Thus far, all my tests in it resulted in an immediate power down upon starting the game. Fix94's boot loader even stated that "Dios Mios (lite) isn't found!".

On real nand, things work fine, so a lot of potential other causes can be scrapped.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i started wind waker fine on neek2o. just put your game in /games and put the app file in your nand.
but with the di file, i cant find wbfs games anymore.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...that's a pity. So even if I could find out why it always messes up, the best I can hope for is having to choose between wii games and gamecube games. :unsure:

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...now here's something very surprising: I got it to work.

Perhaps ironically: after I tried getting it to work. After a whole bunch of trial and error with different wads, after which I was THIS close to losing my main emulated nand that contained all my savegames, I decided to just wait out until either new revisions of neek2o or dios mios came out. So I got things back to my normal neek2o r80 nand. My USB:\nands\pln2o\title\00000001\00000100\content\00000008.app file is back to the default size (remember, kids: keep backups! :P ), and I got me the original neek2o di.bin and config files back where they should have been in the first place.

Next, I tried the latest versions of postloader (r26 as of now). Though Dios Mios is supported, it didn't quite work.

...until I set the setting from the default .0x to 2 (or DML to DM...can't quite remember how the thing is called). Next thing I know, the gamecube games I still had on my hard drive started to work, plain and simple.

This obviously uses the wad file that's still installed on my regular nand (just as it was with DML), so it's very possible regular gamecube games aren't going to work. But all in all, it's the least of my worries.

...and of course: wii games still play from the emu-nand as they were.

(at the moment, the wii section shows both the gamecube games and the wii games throughout each other...but it's a beta for a reason :P ).

benchlor

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but I swear I've search every possible description of my problem I could think of. So here's my problem:

I've got Uneek+di rev80 installed, hdd works, fat32 32k clustersize, virgin nand build with current modmii and the following options:
==================================================
4.3E Emulated NAND created by ModMii on 14.06.2012
==================================================
setting.txt built using this serial: LEH
JoyFlow Forwarder Channel Installed
nSwitch Channel Installed
Post Loader Forwarder Channel Installed
cIOS249 rev14 Installed
Priiloader v0.7 [mod for neek2o] Installed
Photo Channel Installed
Internet Channel Installed
Weather Channel Installed
News Channel Installed
Mii Channel Installed
Shopping Channel Installed
Wii Speak Channel Installed
diosmioslitesv1.4b.WAD Downloaded (install to real NAND)

as I've read in multiple postings, neek2o does not have the system memory limitation of the read nand but the true limitation of the hdd instead, but that does not seem to be the case with me. My nand is 451M in size and does not allow me to download any more rock band 3 songs. I once installed them to the hdd from my pc by using thoes infamous tools, but that time I couldn't even go into the system settings and back to the main menu without getting the error, that the system memory is full.
So I deleted some songs, and started downloading directly from Rock Band 3 and that worked for 2 songs until I got another error of insufficient space at the third song. What am I doing wrong? there's no sd card in the wii, so the nand definitely comes from the hdd, which is 466G in size, 373G are in use, 94G are avail. and thats 81% of the hdd used...

Everything else about neek2o seems fantastic and worked like a charm (although I had to use the free edition from www.partitionwizard.com, because easeus' tool didn't let me format the whole drive with 32k clustersize), but until now I'm not that interested in VC/WW, just DLC, but 512MB is not enough space, hell even my 16gb sdhc card does not have enough space for all songs from all games... and I want'em all... or at least most of them...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
r83 is out and adds DM/quadforce support and a little easter egg?
Does it? Sorry, but I can't seem to find the changelog. And worse...I don't see it supporting it more than it already did.

As pointed out in my last post, I got dios mios to run in the same fashion it runs DML: it uses the MIOS that's on the real nand for some reason. So in order to actually test whether it really makes a difference, I started by reinstalling the default MIOS on the real nand (if all went well, I wouldn't need it anyhow).
Then I updated neek2o to r83 (compiling, backing up the old files, getting rid of the config files).
Then I installed DIOS MIOS on xNEEK.
Then I started neek2o.
Result: no gamecube games.
So I tried with the original di.bin from r83: same result.

So...it didn't work. Of course, after I undone all that (got rid of the xNEEK files, reinstalled the wad on my real nand), things worked again. So compatibility certainly isn't worse. But AFAIK, it just hasn't changed.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
r83 is out and adds DM/quadforce support and a little easter egg?
Does it? Sorry, but I can't seem to find the changelog. And worse...I don't see it supporting it more than it already did.

As pointed out in my last post, I got dios mios to run in the same fashion it runs DML: it uses the MIOS that's on the real nand for some reason. So in order to actually test whether it really makes a difference, I started by reinstalling the default MIOS on the real nand (if all went well, I wouldn't need it anyhow).
Then I updated neek2o to r83 (compiling, backing up the old files, getting rid of the config files).
Then I installed DIOS MIOS on xNEEK.
Then I started neek2o.
Result: no gamecube games.
So I tried with the original di.bin from r83: same result.

So...it didn't work. Of course, after I undone all that (got rid of the xNEEK files, reinstalled the wad on my real nand), things worked again. So compatibility certainly isn't worse. But AFAIK, it just hasn't changed.
http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/source/detail?r=82
i havent tested it myself yet though, but i will report back when i did.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried r83, but GC games don't seem to work.
I moved the 00000008.app in the correct directory and backed up the original in case I need it. I also rebuilt all the caches as well.

The games show up in the menu, but when I try running them the wii shuts off. It seems like I might need to turn on the no disc patch. How do I do that in neek2o?

Other than that, everything else (wii games, wiiware, vc) seems to work.

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried r83, but GC games don't seem to work.
I moved the 00000008.app in the correct directory and backed up the original in case I need it. I also rebuilt all the caches as well.

The games show up in the menu, but when I try running them the wii shuts off.

is working fine for me, my ''only problem'' is i have bootmii @ios, so the sound is terrible, but the games are runing fine.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it's working fine for me too. you shouldn't use the DM di file. the neek2o di file already has the capability to play GC , WBFS and FST Games (i have a disc in the drive).

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's working fine for me too. you shouldn't use the DM di file. the neek2o di file already has the capability to play GC , WBFS and FST Games (i have a disc in the drive).

I must be doing something wrong then, but I'm not sure what it is. I reinstalled a clean MIOSv10 and BCv6, then replaced 00000008.app in the BC folder of my NAND. I also have a disc inserted, and it still turns off when I try loading a GC game. Lastly, I've tested this with the di.bin of r83, or with the official DM di.bin. In both cases, the wii shuts down when I try running a GC game.

Also, I should mention that DM works with this HDD on my real nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Killer Instinct for the SNES MSU-1.... sooo good lol