Homebrew NEEK2O/SNEEK/UNEEK HDD Compatibility List

Has this thead had any influence what-so-ever?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other; I'm just browsing to see what it actually is LoL

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zizer just made the correction thanks for tip
smile.gif

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I reported a few days ago this issue:
NahuelDS said:
Hi... I reported the WD MyBook Essential 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK working...
Well... guess what... it doesnt work. The auto-spindown feature of this drive causes freezes during gameplay.
I managed to disassemble my WD MyBook Essential 1TB WDBAAF0010HBK. This is what I've found inside:
a WD10EADS Caviar Green
Copia%20de%20WD.jpg

I disable the idle mode using this tool WDidle3. Prior to that, I had to attach the drive via a sata cable to my PC. I had also removed the other sleep timer via SmartWare (yes... this drive has two different sleep modes)

The result... the same freezes during gameplay. Conclusion... fuck this "green" technology.
I hope that this issue is due to incompatibility with UNEEK. I would like to know if someone has managed to make this drive to work with a common USB loader or Modchip... because I want to buy a WODE jukebox, and now I’m unsure if this drive will work.

Sorry for the delayed response and my crappy english

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same hd, but changed to the black labled hd/wd. (scorpion) works way better then this one. as far as spinning down or what ever it's doing, go to disk management, an write complete zero's, the reformat. there is still a portian of the disk that has a dack up of the (green features.).

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
i had the same hd, but changed to the black labled hd/wd. (scorpion) works way better then this one. as far as spinning down or what ever it's doing, go to disk management, an write complete zero's, the reformat. there is still a portian of the disk that has a dack up of the (green features.).
thanks for your reply...
I have two partitions: the first one 225GB FAT32 (for sneek and homebrew) and the second one 700GB NTFS (for my isos).
So, you say that I have to write with zero's all the disk, or just only the FAT32 partition?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Brand : Toshiba
What type : Ginga 8GB USB Stick, USB2.0, PX1521E-1M8G
Which variant : NEEK2O (uneek +di) worked
What app for the pc/linux/other was used for formatting the devices listed : EASEUS Partition master home edition

Brand : Toshiba
What type : 1TB Stor E alu HDD, USB 2.0, PX1396E-3T01
Which variant : NEEK2O (uneek +di) worked
What app for the pc/linux/other was used for formatting the devices listed : EASEUS Partition master home edition

PS. using both now with a 16KB clustersize... no problems so far.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for providing all the necessary info Etheboss :)

@EVERYONE!: I'm redoing the first page soon and I would like to know would you prefer me link the hdds and their setups to a google search page or a specific site like Amazon.com, Newegg.com, so you can just click and purchase. Also I'm looking into chaning the title so it shows I'm supporting neek2o setups in my listings.

Well if you have a working setup that is displayed currently please post it here with all the necessary info; failure to do so will result in a PM from me ;) LoL sorry I just don't like half done work. Thanks again everyone for your submissions.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright so maybe works 50% of the time? I try to add all the little info: like there is one sandisk SDHC card that will work with bootmii installed at boot2.
OK, if I use regular bootmii ios to boot it works 50% yep. I use some special neek2o channel for it which makes it to around 90% detected.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so maybe works 50% of the time? I try to add all the little info: like there is one sandisk SDHC card that will work with bootmii installed at boot2.
OK, if I use regular bootmii ios to boot it works 50% yep. I use some special neek2o channel for it which makes it to around 90% detected.
Is that channel legal to link? in case I can provide all this info for somebody with the same drive; cause nobody likes to search right LoL

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double posting.

OK. Please look at the first post of this thread and tell me which you (everyone) would prefer. I added a new category which should be easy to find as it says (New)... and the old way I had it done says (Old)... Which is better for viewing for everyone?

Also I'm in the works of making a Wiki page but will still keep this thread maintained if anyone submits here I will also add it to the Wiki :)

I have linked to my Dropbox which will give you a excel file (made using office2010) for offline viewing I plan on keeping this up-to-date! or you can edit the file on my Skydrive account (no you don't need a live or hotmail account to edit it LoL) and I will do my best to keep everything in sync. This would not have been possible w/o everyone contributions.

I'm fully aware I'm not doing much but adding more and more info but I do get enjoyment on helping people and I do feel by adding such information I'm helping someone out there :) so enjoy everyone.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have some information concerning a working setup to add:

About my USB Drive:
Brand:
Toshiba

Type:
1TB, USB 2.0, 3,5"

Model:
StorE PX1396E-3T01 (looks like this)

App used for formatting the drive:
EaseUS Partition Master

Additional information:

Drive has 2 Partitions:

1: 50 GB, FAT32, Cluster size 32kb, primary, active
2: round about 950 GB, NTFS, primary

About the SD Card I'm using:

Brand:
Unknown / noname Brand or cheap copy of another brand (the sticker says nothing about the manufacturer and on the back is just a model number that I can barely read)

Here is a picture as requestet by kylster (sadly my camera doesn't take the best photos):

The red text on the black background at the bottom only reads "Secure Digital Memory Card"

Type:
SD 2GB, Class unknown (maybe Class 4 or 6, since it's one of those "Highspeed" Cards", therefore the "133x")

Model:
Unknown

Working Variants:
UNEEK+DI (with SD Card), NEEK2O (haven't testet in combination with SD Card since not needed)

App used for formatting SD Card:
Panasonic SD Formatter

Edit:

Structered the post so it is better to read, added picture of SD Card.

If anybody knows a way to identify the manufacturer of the SD Card (maybe by some type of ID found in the properties when you plug it into the PC) then please let me know.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some information concerning a working setup to add:

Brand (USB):
Toshiba

Brand (SD Card):
Unknown / noname Brand or cheap copy of another brand (the sticker says nothing about the manufacturer and on the back is just a model number that I can barely read)

Type (USB):
1TB, USB 2.0, 3,5"

Type (SD Card):
SD 2GB, Class unknown (maybe Class 4 or 6, since it's one of those "Highspeed" Cards)

Model (USB):
StorE PX1396E-3T01 (looks like this)

Model (SD Card):
Unknown

Working Variants:
UNEEK+DI (with SD Card), NEEK2O (haven't testet in combination with SD Card since not needed)

App used for formatting the drive / SD Card:
EaseUS Partition Master (USB)
Panasonic SD Formatter (SD Card)

Additional information:

USB has 2 Partitions:

1: 50 GB, FAT32, Cluster size 32kb, primary, active
2: round about 950 GB, NTFS, primary

It would be alot easier in the future if you would seperate the SD+USB info and place it all together :) but thank you; I had to look at it for a while and think to myself is this incomplete info LoL but it's just displayed differently :)

Oh yeah did you read my last post? I'm adding a Wiki page or you can edit the file on my Sky drive or download the offline file via my dropbox

Could you post a pic of your SD card? unknown information doesnt really provide much for users :( especially if it's unidentifyable.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be alot easier in the future if you would seperate the SD+USB info and place it all together :) but thank you; I had to look at it for a while and think to myself is this incomplete info LoL but it's just displayed differently :)

Oh yeah did you read my last post? I'm adding a Wiki page or you can edit the file on my Sky drive or download the offline file via my dropbox

Could you post a pic of your SD card? unknown information doesnt really provide much for users :( especially if it's unidentifyable.

sorry if the way I displayed the info was confusing. I will resturcture the Info and add a picture of the sd card to my post^^ Also I will submit the info to the dropbox or skydrive option you added in the first post as soon as I can

Edit: Picture of my SD Card added to my other post. If I find a way to somehow identify the manufacturer of the SD Card I will update the post with this info.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unnecessary to update the skydrive document due to the fact I'm making a wiki page here on gbatemp; the "dropbox" is in case you want a offline document of the compatibility list. I do plan on keeping the dropbox up-to-date though for everyone and also linking it to the wiki page :) If your wondering why I have the skydrive account linked it's just cause sometimes I'm at another PC or at school and it's easier to just check my skydrive account and add info vs logging into GBAtemp which some might frown upon. Also anyone can update via the skydrive anonymously so that's also another plus factor there.

The info you inputed for the USB is actually already submision so I put a verification +1 next to it :) so there is also no need to re-submit it either.

The pic is so I can cross-reference it or preform a reverse image search. Still thank you for your submission.

Hopefully the wiki page will be a great success :) I'm currently working on building a guide for making proper NEEK2O/SNEEK/UNEEK w/ or w/o the +Di using ModMii and Crediars SNEEKinstaller.exe :) if anyone is interested in assisting on this? I plan on finishing it up on my end befor posting it online maybe someone will want to see it befor it posted LoL who knows ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1