Need your opinions to help me not fail a class.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, I'm up to 44 responses. I'm hoping for 56 more, though not sure how best to go about it.

A good questionnaire will probably look complicated and annoying to fill out. Ya this assignment is more practice then anything meaningful.

If we were to a good U.S. questionnaire it'll look much different. White's and Asians get lumped together under there own 2 categories but there are cultural differences in the category, Koreans, Japanese and Chinese. The British are the largest ethnic subgroup in the U.S. 15% of the population, Germans are the 2nd largest 13%, and Blacks are the 3rd largest at 11%, at least looking at 1980's data when Black immigrants was lower. There are no minorities since there is no majority.

Even under ethnic communities there is no unity. Among the Irish there is "Lace Curtain Irish" and "Shanty Irish" that was used in 19th and 20th century. Even among Jews there's differences between "German Jews" and "East European Jews." This gets lost in ethnic categories that group all Whites, Asians, Blacks, and Hispanics under single categories as if they are all the same culturally, but they all had different Histories. It'll make the Census complicated if they tried to include all the different ethnics cultures.

the reason why distinctions are made, I think, are for those who are generally overlooked or repressed because they're a minority. It's not just to accurately represent cultures, but to ensure the peoples and cultures we do have aren't accidentally hampered or abused. Though maybe that's not the point of the census at all X'D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently