Need Wii U Usb Transfer tool wii u app

shefben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot seem to find this tool anywhere.

I found the original post from the author but it says it has been discontinued.

Does anyone have the wii u app file available for download?

Transfering this shit a few games at a time via sd card is tiresome

edit:
I found it here

Attachments

• usbTransferTool0.12.zip
    432.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by shefben,
Reactions: makmillion

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that the official transfer tool or a homebrew? one way I can think of is, if it's on a usb drive, you can use dumpster U to get your games as long as you have otp.bin and seeprom.bin, then convert them to installable format with nus packer.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems good. What this tool is made for?
WIIU USB Helper Transfer Tool is a mod of both FTPIIU everywhere and WUP Installer.
It enables you to receive games downloaded with WII U USB Helper and install them right away.
The FTPIIU server has been improved and allows for better transfer speed.

Reactions: flowlapache

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It enables you to receive games downloaded with WII U USB Helper and install them right away.
I know, I shouldn't say this but... Why not use NUSspli?

The FTPIIU server has been improved and allows for better transfer speed.
You mean it has been forked and almost anything has been rewritten... And the new tool with the better speed is Wii U FTP Server?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I shouldn't say this but... Why not use NUSspli?

You mean it has been forked and almost anything has been rewritten... And the new tool with the better speed is Wii U FTP Server?
I don't know. I took that description from the meta.xml.

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
thanks for your answer, ok it's to avoid to use an sd card for wup installer and copy directly through ftp, cool if speed is better!!
because with games with severals GB of data, it can takes hours...

makmillion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing this! It's working great on my 5.5.5 WiiU w/ Tiramisu. The transfers don't take much longer than installing from SD, but the time saved swapping the SD between the WiiU and PC more than makes up for it.

Note to anybody looking to use this: This tool puts the file on your SD card and then installs it to USB. Be sure to select "delete from SD once installed" from the Wii USB Helper app on your PC so it deletes the transferred game from the SD card once it's installed, or you'll run out of room to transfer more games.

Thanks again!

Simbapuppyeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am doing these and getting 1MB/S

Would a faster SD increase speed? NIC card for WiiU? seems to work but soooo slow

Attachments

• JJD.PNG
    JJD.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 215

Simbapuppyeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update. I went to micro (micro center) and picked up a 128 (for 3ds) and a 256 for the wii-U .. I know backward if it would work 100% confirmed I would flip, but for sake of staying on the topic used Acronis to copy the old sd.. the results below speak for itself.. in case someone is having an issue take a look at the speed table for SD cards.. I went with a 30MB/s card V30

20220822_183804.jpg
SD speeds.PNG
I am not sure if a high speed then V30 would make a difference given the hardware but this made EPIC difference for me and wanted to share my findings..

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Simbapuppyeyes The card's speed doesn't really matter.
Look at your pictures again: 1.087 vs vs 1.116 isn't an EPIC difference but 0.029 MB/s difference. That's ~ 30 KB/s which is probably normal fluctation in your network not tied to the card at all.

//EDIT: Also look at your speed table: You're still writing with less than 2 MB/s, so wasting a lot of bandwith with a 30 MB/s card. ;)

//EDIT²: This is a wild guess but the Wii U probably uses a class 10 card reader, so is capped at 10 MB/s. Note that network I/O is slower as the bottleneck is elsewhere.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: xoINARIox

Sora1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had issues with the program detecting that the transfer tool is running on the Wii U? Mine is outright refusing to see it, even though it's up and running

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had issues with the program detecting that the transfer tool is running on the Wii U? Mine is outright refusing to see it, even though it's up and running
I was going to ask the same. I can connecting to it via ftp, its running for sure.

IMO, its absolutely stupid that you can not manually tell it the ip to connect to. My guess is that is looks for a port 21. So if you are running any FTP's on your network, it would cause issues. I'm also shocked you can not change the port. Someone didnt think too far on this.

Maybe there is a hidden place to tell it the IP to connect to like, oh, IDK, every other program made?

EDIT, ok I got it working. I have the client running on two systems. With windows 11, both open firewalls. It works on one not the other. So my guess is one had the port in use, (unsure of that, but my best guess). I can confirm it does work, and does so as I stated above, it just looks for an open client ( port 21) running on the network. So if you have issue test the IP shown in the app on the wiiu pings ok. Make sure 21 ports are open. close the app, and run it on only 1 PC.

Last edited by ulao,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot seem to find this tool anywhere.

I found the original post from the author but it says it has been discontinued.

Does anyone have the wii u app file available for download?

Transfering this shit a few games at a time via sd card is tiresome

edit:
I found it here
Is there another version of this floating around? The app freezes my system on a black screen

I just wanna install files over the network

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto