Gaming Need Some Advice

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently built my APU-based PC. It has no discrete GPU but will still play anything. The onboard graphics are a little weaker than a Radeon 6670. Speaking of 6670, this APU can be Crossfirex'd with three cards, the best being the 6670. When Crossfirex'd, it'll perform on the level of a Radeon 6770, which is pretty good for around $400.

So I want to do one of three things. Either buy a 6670 to take advantage of the APU's Hybrid Crossfirex, buy a better card such as a Radeon 6850 and completely disregard the Hybrid Crossfirex, or start building a whole new PC.

My argument for the 6670 is that I want to take full advantage of the APU. It was designed for Hybrid Crossfirex. It feels like part of a set in an RPG like Diablo, I have the motherboard and APU, and I want the final set item as well.

My argument for getting a better card like a 6850 or better, is that it's just better. The APU alone plays every game I've thrown at it. Sure, not everything can be maxed out, but everything is very playable. So basically I'm either going for a little bit better or a lot better.

And my argument for building a new PC, is that AMD just released their second generation APUs, and Piledriver FX CPUs are coming. I'm an AMD fan, obviously, but I'm not saying AMD is better than Intel or Nvidia or worse. I have maybe $300 disposable income every month, just for info as to what to buy.

Don't worry about my current specs, it's not important, unless you're curious about what this weird APU thing is I've been talking about, which is the AMD A8-3870k. Its onboard graphics are quite amazing.

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why aren't you going for anything in the Radeon HD 7xxx series?
Here's a hardware comparison between the 6670 and 7770
http://www.hwcompare...radeon-hd-7770/
The 7770 is only around $100
Also Crossfires can be a bit unstable.
Lots of things are better than a 6670. Also, I want something more powerful if I go that route. 7770 is more powerful than my current setup, sure, but I want more. I just mentioned the 6850 because it's a good card for around $150. I'm not saying I'm set on buying a 6850, i just used it as an example. I'm not gonna be getting like a 7970 or something crazy like that, but I want something kinda midrange.

Doing some research as I'm typing, the 7770 seems to be a bit worse than the 6850 while costing a little less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof