Hacking Need help with USB Loader GX + Aspect Fixer combination

pschuler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange problem when playing games off of a HDD using USB Loader GX and Aspect Fixer on my Wii U.

Without loading Aspect Fixer, I can load games and they play just fine, but in 4:3 aspect ratio. Obviously this is not ideal, so I typically load A.F. to change the aspect ratio to 16:9.

When I do this, games launch fine, but during menu and loading screens, the screen flickers and is sometimes completely black. It happens on some games but not others. On every game, however, when I press the Home button, the screen comes up on the TV as though nothing was wrong.

Something I've noticed is that I can see the screen just fine on the Gamepad, so I know the games are running normally. I can navigate the game menus by looking at the Gamepad, and for all the games I've tried so far, as soon as I get to in-game, the screen comes back on the TV.

I've tried many different video options, forcing NTSC and whatnot, none of them have any noticeable effect.

Anyone else having a similar problem or have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange problem when playing games off of a HDD using USB Loader GX and Aspect Fixer on my Wii U.

Without loading Aspect Fixer, I can load games and they play just fine, but in 4:3 aspect ratio. Obviously this is not ideal, so I typically load A.F. to change the aspect ratio to 16:9.

When I do this, games launch fine, but during menu and loading screens, the screen flickers and is sometimes completely black. It happens on some games but not others. On every game, however, when I press the Home button, the screen comes up on the TV as though nothing was wrong.

Something I've noticed is that I can see the screen just fine on the Gamepad, so I know the games are running normally. I can navigate the game menus by looking at the Gamepad, and for all the games I've tried so far, as soon as I get to in-game, the screen comes back on the TV.

I've tried many different video options, forcing NTSC and whatnot, none of them have any noticeable effect.

Anyone else having a similar problem or have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

it might be your HDMI cable and not the WiiU itself try and unplug and plug it back in

pschuler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HDMI cable is tightly connected, and I don't have flickering problems outside of USB loader GX after loading Aspect Fixer. I'll try installing a forwarder and report back. Thanks for the ideas so far!

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter