Hardware NEED HELP ! MY PSP 3000 DOESN'T SHOW UP ALL FILES AFTER DISCONNECT FROM PC

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm so confuse now because my psp doesn't show up any kind of files from memory stick athough they were acctually there.
I tried some way such as below but all was useless :
- fomart memory stick
- fomart sysem
- update new cfw by copied all files to folders PSP/GAME/UPDATE but they all not showing up so I can't open those files to install
Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) Did you disconnect from PC by first pressing "O" on the PSP? Maybe did you disconnect it when it was still copying files, by distraction?

2) What did you copy, last, on the Memory Stick?

3) Can you read the Memory Stick directly from PC, via SD Reader (usb-sd adapter)?

A first and quick assumption:
My guess, from what you say, is that the whole Memory Stick is corrupted. In this case you should format it first with the PC, and then format it again in the PSP.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1) Did you disconnect from PC by first pressing "O" on the PSP? Maybe did you disconnect it when it was still copying files, by distraction?

2) What did you copy, last, on the Memory Stick?

3) Can you read the Memory Stick directly from PC, via SD Reader (usb-sd adapter)?

A first and quick assumption:
My guess, from what you say, is that the whole Memory Stick is corrupted. In this case you should format it first with the PC, and then format it again in the PSP.
The Memory stick is still working good I could read that memory stick direcly from PC and adapter, I also tried do change 2 memory sticks for that problem but nothing changes. PSP doesn't any files at all.
I also tried to format PSP then Memory stick on PC, on PSP but nothing work at all.
Any others recommend for that problem ? i'm so confused now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think the memory card is corrupted in general.

also please don't use all caps in your title
I also changed to use another memory sticks but nothing changes, PSP doesn't show any files athough I check on PC and adapter those files were there !

ANY HELP FOR THAT PROPLEM ? PLEASE !!!

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any others recommend for that problem ? i'm so confused now
Are you sure you didn't drop it, or that it took a hit. It has happened to me, twice in several years of use, that when inserting the Memory Stick, the PSP would not read (see) it. I took it out and inserted it several times, and then it was able to read it again.
It could be that it doesn't make good contact, as in my case.
Try inserting and removing it several times, gently.

Note: What cfw did you have previously? Before, could you play psp/psx/emulators games without problems?

Last edited by Nikokaro,

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Have you checked the memory slot on your PSP?
Sure I carefully checked, on PSP just show up the same (music/videos/memory sticks) such as : "There are no games/files etc... Content can be downloaded or purchased from PlayStation Store." The games are still inside my PSP, I did a USB Connection check and the games were still there"

Are you sure you didn't drop it, or that it took a hit. It has happened to me, twice in several years of use, that when inserting the Memory Stick, the PSP would not read (see) it. I took it out and inserted it several times, and then it was able to read it again.
It could be that it doesn't make good contact, as in my case.
Try inserting and removing it several times, gently.

Note: What cfw did you have previously? Before, could you play psp/psx/emulators games without problems?
I'm very sure bro, I also bought a new one MS to check but it won't work. Before that my PSP is still working good, I have just connected with PC to transfer SAVEGAME and when I rejected PSP from PC : BUM! nothing at all

have you got custom firmware installed? what type of files are you copying?
Mine PSP's cfw is 6.60 pro-c2 model : 02g, I tried many ways for update/downgrade of my PSP but it won't work because of PSP doesn't show any kind of files to open. Such as the way according :

So please help me out over here, any advice would be great.

Last edited by JackyChen1191,

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm very sure bro, I also bought a new one MS to check but it won't work.
I was telling you that, perhaps, there is a CONTACT problem between PSP internal pins and Memory Stick pins. Even if you change MS obviously the problem will persist.

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I was telling you that, perhaps, there is a CONTACT problem between PSP internal pins and Memory Stick pins. Even if you change MS obviously the problem will persist.
But how could explain : the PSP could detect the MS but files on it ? And I just checked once again when I fomated MS on PSP then putted it into the USB conection with PC : the MS show all structure files of an original PSP ' MS but only folder without function files, all folder is empty? any suggestion about that ?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the PSP could detect the MS but files on it ? And I just checked once again when I fomated MS on PSP then putted it into the USB conection with PC : the MS show all structure files of an original PSP ' MS but only folder without function files, all folder is empty? any suggestion about that ?

How can you say that the PSP can detect the presence of MS, if it doesn't read any files present?
Do you mean that it sees the presence of the various folders (psp, seplugins, video, music, iso etc.), but not the contained files? This is unbelievable, it defies all common sense!

Note: Have you tried turning off the console (not just pausing it) by holding the switch up for several seconds, and then turn it back on.

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: JackyChen1191

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How can you say that the PSP can detect the presence of MS, if it doesn't read any files present?
Do you mean that it sees the presence of the various folders (psp, seplugins, video, music, iso etc.), but not the contained files? This is unbelievable, it defies all common sense!

Note: Have you tried turning off the console (not just pausing it) by holding the switch up for several seconds, and then turn it back on.

That's right, All folder is empty ! it was ridiculous I also tried to put an image/videos/mp3 in MS but those files just disappeared when I tunred on the PSP and check.
Do you have an tructure files of an original PSP ' MS ? could you give it to me please ...

BSXh3P9.png

Sure I have tried turning off the console many times like that but won't work

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have an tructure files of an original PSP ' MS ? could you give it to me please ...
What model of PSP do you have? I have a PSP 3004 and I don't know if the folder structure is the same as yours.
I don't have a computer available right now, but I can post it here within 24 hours. Now I am using a smartphone to navigate this website.

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: JackyChen1191

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What model of PSP do you have? I have a PSP 3004 and I don't know if the folder structure is the same as yours.
I don't have a computer available right now, but I can post it here within 24 hours. Now I am using a smartphone to navigate this website.
Mine is 3000 and I know there is no difference between the two. And not with 3003 or 3004 either. They are all the exact same hardware. If I'm not mistaken, then that last number changes depending on where you buy it. I hope this way will work and thank you so much for that.
Meanwhile If there is any comments or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
In addition to the main folders and files, I've left the temporary cfw files inside if you need them.
Good luck.:)
It didn't work at all :((
And I just find out by using select button on Recovery menu : there aren't any plugins in my PSP :v
Do you have any clues or suggestions for that problem? my PSP's plugins list is empty
PYWe1wq.png

HqZdCNo.jpg

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Have you tried a psx eboot to test? The game image should show up through both custom fw or original fw. Can you see the psx game image from PSP menu?
I couldn't find it ? where psx eboot was ? so confuse now, I don't know how to sovle this problem :( how could I reboot the fw ?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I recommended that you download a psx eboot (psx iso converted to eboot) from a rom website. They are easily found; download a small one.
I want to check if the cover image is shown from the PSP menu. You have to copy it to the "game" folder, not "iso".
Do you understand?

Last edited by Nikokaro,

JackyChen1191

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I recommended that you download a psx eboot (psx iso converted to eboot) from a rom website. They are easily found; download a small one.
I want to check if the cover image is shown from the PSP menu. You have to copy it to the "game" folder, not "iso".
Do you understand?
Ok got it, I have never done that before but I'm trying do it

Ok got it, I have never done that before but I'm trying do it
pG9NyqB.png

nothing happens at all

Do you understand?
It seems my PSP isn't reading any type of files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, lol his videos are hilarious