Homebrew Need artist(s) for 3DS homebrew menu region free logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Agreed, it's really smooth. I'd definitely love to see any attempt at animating my logos, I'm a real amateur at After Effects/Flash so I probably wouldn't do a very good job of it, but I have an idea in my head of how I'd like it to work so it would be good to collaborate with someone on it. If anyone wants to have a crack at it PM me and I'll send you my Illustrator files :)

Love the bottom screen on this Arkhandar, great job
main_menu_v4_by_arkhandar-d7w3z1p.png

Also forgot to mention earlier in the thread, I made the original Wii Homebrew Channel logo design back in the day, in case anyone wonders who this 2-3 post history jerk is. I lurk here a lot more than I post.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Logo_Candidates/Homebrew_Channel

I think is a very clean and solid one. Congratulations.
But the previous animation i dont make any conection about homebrew and water. Very very good without that animation.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps a silly question, but what does the Moon have to do with the 3DS Homebrew Launcher?
Perhaps it's metaphorical. As the moon reflects the light of the sun, but doesn't have a light of it's own, inherently being dark. However, as it is reflecting the light, it becomes bright. This could be symbolic of homebrew being the light in the otherwise considered darkness of exploiting a console. As the light is the handheld and community provided by Nintendo, and the darkness is piracy brought by through exploitation, homebrew is the light reflected by the dark potential of exploitation to bring the gift of useful software to this handheld. I think it's very fitting myself, if a bit too deep to reach a wider audience outside of our community.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps it's metaphorical. As the moon reflects the light of the sun, but doesn't have a light of it's own, inherently being dark. However, as it is reflecting the light, it becomes bright. This could be symbolic of homebrew being the light in the otherwise considered darkness of exploiting a console. I think it's very fitting myself, if a bit too deep to reach a wider audience outside of our community.

Maybe a rocket reaching the moon, a homebrew rocket launcher :)

D

Deleted User

...animation wise, your logo is hands down the best. Good straightforward pixel animation :)

You should actually animate soully and Fluto's designs yourself! Your animation approach for smoke/water flow is better (I'm a animator myself and could actually work on this a bit too, but I'm probably much slower than you :P )

Thanks! I'm really into animating, and hope to have it as a career if I ever get the chance. I'd animate soully's logo in a heartbeat, but it might take a lot longer since I only have the Adobe suite on my laptop as of now, which is a lot slower than my main computer. I'll probably install it on my main one soon, though!

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really digging the artwork by Nelde, Arkhandar, Purechaos, sunnyvoxels, Fluto, shiby, and soully.

Bolded ones are making me swoon. I think submissions should close pretty soon and a poll put up instead? (With multiple votes per person please, I can't pick)

I agree with what people are saying against the word "channel" but it's really not a big problem at all.

Also @ people saying using '3DS' would be problematic because of the 2DS, that's not really a valid argument because the 2DS is a system in the 3DS line of consoles. The game boxes are still labeled 'Nintendo 3DS'.

Reactions: zakarr

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanks! I'm really into animating, and hope to have it as a career if I ever get the chance. I'd animate soully's logo in a heartbeat, but it might take a lot longer since I only have the Adobe suite on my laptop as of now, which is a lot slower than my main computer. I'll probably install it on my main one soon, though! I'll find a better color for the beer/water/wine/etc. I could try making it fizz as well.

It's wine now, guys!

Wine is darker. This looks like blood.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok so now we have had the rocket with poo, urine and now blood..........maybe it's best if it just goes back to smoke.......I would hate to think what might come next :unsure:

Again no disrespect to the creator, the yellow and red wernt too bad, but I guess people aren't ready for liquid shooting rockets

Reactions: y03usw6e

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so now we have had the rocket with poo, urine and now blood..........maybe it's best if it just goes back to smoke.......I would hate to think what might come next :unsure:

Again no disrespect to the creator, the yellow and red wernt too bad, but I guess people aren't ready for liquid shooting rockets

Green = vomit

anyway, I still have my vote for Fluto

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fluto + Arkhandar win for me =^-^=

Definitely has the Wii HBC nostalgia going for it, the play on words with "homebrew", plus the Google kind of simple icon UI.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

next will be "milk"

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think, for me, this one is the best...
Hey guys, some ideas from me
Dyu3j3D.png

gO044lp.png

Also, with 3DS hb being so much in its infancy, I think it might be a good idea to add meta data to either the binaries or maybe in an xml file with details about the hb. Such as if its an app or a game and a short description, things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...