Hardware Need a more powerful PSU. Advice?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had tried to post this to my go-to forum for hardware help, but after typing out a long explanation and list of questions the site crashed and ate my typing (and it's still down).

So long story short: Here's my build. i bought online a second matching GPU for crossfire (which is still being shipped), which brings my system requirements to 765w while my PSU is rated for 750w. Using PSU calculators they all seem to agree that my new system, plus overclocking, will be about 865w. I'm in Canada so the really good PSUs are expensive, and the cheaper ones have terrible reviews and seem to all die in a year. I'm looking at a Cooler Master V1000 which Memory Express has on sale for $180, and my local stores have a couple in stock (but very limited supplies) so I can buy it but I should hurry before it's out of stock.

So yay or nay? is there anything cheaper that you would trust? Though really saving $60 may not be worth it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
860w is probably the lowest I would run cf 290's at
"but" because of your cpu I wouldn't even attempt it, that can easily use 200-300w by itself
1000w is what I would look at

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-