Hardware Others I need help for WiiFlow, etc..

Stane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just before we start, if there are sentences that don't really make sense it's normal!

Hello people! I just arrived on this site in emergency, which seems to me very nice, to ask you for your help.

I'm on vacations and I wanted to turn on my Wii which must be about 15 years old now. For information, it's a pirated Wii: someone gave it to me a long time ago and there are a lot of games available, but you can't insert a CD, otherwise it will crash.
I open the box, and I see the Wii but also a black hard drive of 500 GB, I think that it must be the roms of the Wii.

Back in my office, I plugged the HDD on my pc. Then, a windows window appears and I put this: (I translate it for you as I am french xd)

"Location Not Available [X]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E:\ is not accessible.

The volume does not contain a known file system. Check if all necessary file system drivers are loaded and if the volume is not damaged"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am surprised then, I close the page and another one appears indicating if I wanted to format the HDD, obviously I check the no box and unplug the hard drive.

So I put my WII in place in my living room, I connect the wires and I don't forget to connect the HDD. To be honest, I don't understand what it can be used for. If they are .iso, why on earth my pc can't read the HDD container? Anyway.

So I launch my WII, everything goes well and I arrive at the WII menu with the different "channels". As usual, I click on the channel "The Homebrew Channel".
I see two boxes, one with "WiiFlow" written on it (which I finally discovered what it is), and another empty box. On the screen you see, the icons were not like that.

20220629_173451.jpg

At the time, I don't know why, I thought WiiFlow was something official from Nintendo that "could" crash my console. So I clicked on the other one.
Then a warning screen came up saying that if I paid for the software it was a scam, I didn't understand at the time, I clicked 1 to continue.

Then another screen followed with "HackMii Installer v1.2" written on it. It looked like the installation of a bios on a computer, at the moment I got scared and I restarted my console.

20220629_134948.jpg

I understood that it was not the right thing to do. I started again and finally clicked on "WiiFlow". I selected a game, Wall-E. There is a black screen, I don't panic, I see that at a given moment the part to enter a CD lights up in blue (I hear some noises from the console), finally I think that the console launches the game. Except after a long moment of waiting with a black screen, another screen appears, signaling I imagine errors, I had never been confronted with errors on Wiii.

20220629_135337.jpg

I was afraid, I didn't understand, so I restarted the console and tested another game.
I waited, but I didn't understand. I asked around and it was apparently normal for there to be a black screen, except I had to wait, what, 40 minutes? So I decided to restart it... again.

I had seen that on the HackMii installation screen, there was a button written "Continue".
I decided to click on it. It loads, black screen, and then I'm not sure but I think it went back to the Wii Menu, but it still doesn't work.

So I'm asking you for help, because I'm completely lost. I could see that it was missing some "mods" that others had with WiiFlow (for example: D2X cIOS I think).
But then that was done like 15 years ago so I don't know x)

Stane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small precision: I forgot that I had to click on WiiFlow, but I had already used this Wii before of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol