Hardware Others I need help for WiiFlow, etc..

Stane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just before we start, if there are sentences that don't really make sense it's normal!

Hello people! I just arrived on this site in emergency, which seems to me very nice, to ask you for your help.

I'm on vacations and I wanted to turn on my Wii which must be about 15 years old now. For information, it's a pirated Wii: someone gave it to me a long time ago and there are a lot of games available, but you can't insert a CD, otherwise it will crash.
I open the box, and I see the Wii but also a black hard drive of 500 GB, I think that it must be the roms of the Wii.

Back in my office, I plugged the HDD on my pc. Then, a windows window appears and I put this: (I translate it for you as I am french xd)

"Location Not Available [X]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E:\ is not accessible.

The volume does not contain a known file system. Check if all necessary file system drivers are loaded and if the volume is not damaged"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am surprised then, I close the page and another one appears indicating if I wanted to format the HDD, obviously I check the no box and unplug the hard drive.

So I put my WII in place in my living room, I connect the wires and I don't forget to connect the HDD. To be honest, I don't understand what it can be used for. If they are .iso, why on earth my pc can't read the HDD container? Anyway.

So I launch my WII, everything goes well and I arrive at the WII menu with the different "channels". As usual, I click on the channel "The Homebrew Channel".
I see two boxes, one with "WiiFlow" written on it (which I finally discovered what it is), and another empty box. On the screen you see, the icons were not like that.

20220629_173451.jpg

At the time, I don't know why, I thought WiiFlow was something official from Nintendo that "could" crash my console. So I clicked on the other one.
Then a warning screen came up saying that if I paid for the software it was a scam, I didn't understand at the time, I clicked 1 to continue.

Then another screen followed with "HackMii Installer v1.2" written on it. It looked like the installation of a bios on a computer, at the moment I got scared and I restarted my console.

20220629_134948.jpg

I understood that it was not the right thing to do. I started again and finally clicked on "WiiFlow". I selected a game, Wall-E. There is a black screen, I don't panic, I see that at a given moment the part to enter a CD lights up in blue (I hear some noises from the console), finally I think that the console launches the game. Except after a long moment of waiting with a black screen, another screen appears, signaling I imagine errors, I had never been confronted with errors on Wiii.

20220629_135337.jpg

I was afraid, I didn't understand, so I restarted the console and tested another game.
I waited, but I didn't understand. I asked around and it was apparently normal for there to be a black screen, except I had to wait, what, 40 minutes? So I decided to restart it... again.

I had seen that on the HackMii installation screen, there was a button written "Continue".
I decided to click on it. It loads, black screen, and then I'm not sure but I think it went back to the Wii Menu, but it still doesn't work.

So I'm asking you for help, because I'm completely lost. I could see that it was missing some "mods" that others had with WiiFlow (for example: D2X cIOS I think).
But then that was done like 15 years ago so I don't know x)

Stane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small precision: I forgot that I had to click on WiiFlow, but I had already used this Wii before of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    What are your favorite topics?
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: What are your favorite topics?