ROM Hack Need a good tutorial on removing region lock

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a .3ds and .cia file. I want to remove region lock on both, or at lest one of them. I know I'm usually the one to write tutorials but I need this favor, please.

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? Never heard of that. And why would region data be stored in the icon?
Ask Nintendo lol.

For reference, you can read about icon.bin format on 3dbrew: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH. And please note that region value is little endian, which means you have to write 0xFFFFFF7F to icon.bin file

Reactions: DarkFlare69

loco365

Trophies
XP
Really? Never heard of that. And why would region data be stored in the icon?
Probably because it's the one thing that all 3DS systems regardless of software version can load properly since it also allows the game cart to prompt for updates if the minimum firmware of the game isn't met. Since that's the case, it probably stores the region there so the system can check it to see if the system that it's running on matches what's in the icon.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Home Designer uses the new AP and, at present, isn't compatible with Sky3ds - otherwise it would work with RegionFour/Ninjhax-Homebrew-Regionfree-launcher the same as any out of region game does (ACHHD and FEiF aside).

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh I dont know. The dumped version of achhd is bad and it wont work on gateway. Achhd isnt in the template file of the sky3ds. So it wont work too. Otherwise, when its in the template file, just load an homebrew launcher and check the game with regionfour. So it will work then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...