Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance we can get an option to change the text color, so that we can still see whats going on if a dark background is used? Color options for the progress bars would be cool too.
smile.gif

You mean the windows progress bars? Those cannot be changed without modifying explorer.exe.
Replying to 7-month old posts is generally frowned upon on forums. XD
No harm done though.
For what it's worth, there are some Windows theme modifying software out there that can modify both the color or even the graphical effect of progress bars though. TuneUp Utilities is a software I already happen to have installed that does this, at least for Windows 7 (can't vouch for earlier versions).

Help with Crash.
NDSTokyoTrim v2.5 bets 2 - NDS/GBA rom trimmer
Access violation at address 005E8ABC in module
'NDSTokyoTrim25Beta2.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

It only does this when I try to trim GBA files.
Works fine on NDS files.
Win7x64, 8GB RAM, QuadCore.
Make sure that the GBA files are not marked as read only, and try launching NDSTT as an administrator. I never did trim any GBA files though, but for DStwo that probably works all-right. From what I understand trimming may have negative effects on using GBA roms with 3-in-1.

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always used your trimmer for my NDS ROM's, adding the ability to trim 3DS ROM's is great, looking forward to the new release!!

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I just know it sucks for newer game AKA "nand2 savegame type".
Will try to direct you to "technical documentation".

Maybe, if you check 3DS ROMs, you'll see zeros, that can be trimmed.
But some games have 2 partitions (one to update the firmware, the other is the game) and some other games use the empty space at the end of ROM data to create internal save...
So if you trim "badly" those 2 kind of games, they will not work.
Of course, for "older" 3DS games, there is no problem.
But thus I don't think that games with "no trim possible" can be detected except if you have an internal CRC32 test on 3DS roms.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Can you tell me a few to test? I don't own a 3DS myself, so it's all mostly theoretical/emulator.

A few titles are CARD2 titles (Animal Crossing, Pokemon, ...) Those have their saves written to the ROM by current flashcards, so trimming will make them not work.
3DS ROMs also may have an update partition you can remove.
EDIT: This might be useful: https://code.google.com/p/3dsexplorer/

Reactions: OuahOuah

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Ty. Had a look already at these "card2" roms, it seems you can relocate the save data address and thus trim accordingly, but someone mentioned for that to work you need to perform 1 save first with the rom untrimmed, and then you can trim it, seems kinda inconvenient..

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Ty. Had a look already at these "card2" roms, it seems you can relocate the save data address and thus trim accordingly, but someone mentioned for that to work you need to perform 1 save first with the rom untrimmed, and then you can trim it, seems kinda inconvenient..

You can have a save offset database if needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter