Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having problems with Fowarder3-DS. I keep trying to make a CIA of a homebrew game (NDS_TGM), and even with renaming the file it keeps refusing to make a CIA (It's for the SD Card BTW). If it does require a certain 64bit version of a executable or something (I have a W7 64bit), then IDK where to find it.

EDIT: Tried with a MKDS demo, and it doesn't work either (The only time when it says Success is when I leave the TID untouched, but of course because the TID is incorrect, it's ignored). Also I have downloaded a 64bit build of make_cia and STILL refuses to make CIA fowarders. Any help?
x64 doesn't matter for something so tiny. x64 is compatible with x86 code you only need x64 if you require more processing and ram, which you don't.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, anyways, either 32bit or 64bit, it still refuses to make a fowarder CIA no matter what.
I'm running Windows 10 x64 it runs without problem. It might be time to upgrade to a newer supported os. But make sure you have the proper version of Java and everything installed.

@Robz8 how does it do animated banners for n normal ds games?

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If the version 2.8.2 works, then maybe that is what I need.

And I'm updating Java right now, but even then Fowarder3-DS does export the banners for TWLoader properly and even says "Sucess", while when I try to make a fowarder CIA no sound or message comes up, and neither a CIA.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What´s the new Forwarder3-DS update for? I have the version 2.8.2 and it works for me.
Can you PM me the version 2.8.2? I can't find it anywhere and google doesn't help.

BTW @Link_of_Hyrule, just updated Java, but still it refuses to make the CIAs.

EDIT: I think I finally know the reason it doesn't work: It seems to be downloading the fowarders when you open them the first time. If you close it while it's downloading (And the reason I did is because it looked like it was unresponsive), the fowarder nds files seem to be incomplete. I will be waiting for the sdcard one (Since I will make a fowarder for SD card homebrew) and then check if it does actually work now.

Last edited by TheArcadeStriker,
Reactions: Fsm51

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just get a white screen with dsi boot logo whenever i try opening it. (Using SD)
Probably if you did set up everything right, it's either a incompatible homebrew ROM (I have no idea about NeoDS) or a retail ROM, which currently aren't supported (until tomorrow). I think there MAY be also some incompatible Download play demos, since one time I tested Custom Robo Arena's and it whitescreened.

Vullurian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably if you did set up everything right, it's either a incompatible homebrew ROM (I have no idea about NeoDS) or a retail ROM, which currently aren't supported (until tomorrow). I think there MAY be also some incompatible Download play demos, since one time I tested Custom Robo Arena's and it whitescreened.

Hmm thats weird. Tried like 4 or 5 roms but im still getting the same error. Could it be becouse im using my phone as a sd reader? It makes the rom path look kinda weird so maybe its effecting the forwarder cia (if thats how it works)

TheArcadeStriker

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hmm thats weird. Tried like 4 or 5 roms but im still getting the same error. Could it be becouse im using my phone as a sd reader? It makes the rom path look kinda weird so maybe its effecting the forwarder cia (if thats how it works)
Maybe if the 3DS recognizes the contents in the SD Card just fine, then it may be that while you create the fowarders, you forgot to check "Automatically set up ROM path" while you were creating them. If you actually did check it, then as I said, it may be either retail ROMs (that don't work currently) or currently incompatible ROMs.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, it simply crashes? Are you getting an error message?
Yup
20161224_150356.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1