Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean? Also how does the RTS feature work?
His template wrote the ... whatever the file is that tells wood menu which game to auto run... and then booted the card's own wood menu, rather than the generic one you use in your forwarders, so that it would start the game and do whatever it does to enable real time save. I don't know how the RTS feature actually works, but the end result is that game saves are written to the sd card immediately, so don't get lost if the console crashes or the battery dies etc.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His template wrote the ... whatever the file is that tells wood menu which game to auto run... and then booted the card's own wood menu, rather than the generic one you use in your forwarders, so that it would start the game and do whatever it does to enable real time save. I don't know how the RTS feature actually works, but the end result is that game saves are written to the sd card immediately, so don't get lost if the console crashes or the battery dies etc.
Try redownloading the pack, and replace Wfwd.dat with the one in the pack. It's no longer the generic Wood menu.

Reactions: hippy dave

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having some issues with the R4i Gold RTS. I created a first forwarder (Picross 3D) to test the waters and see if it was working as intended, although it didn't have the DS startup screen. Turns out it worked just fine.

Then I created some more forwarders. I tried them all yesterday and everything was working perfectly, with the DS startup screen. But today, I tried to load Dragon Quest IV and it sent me to the flashcarts menu. I updated the files with the new version on the first page of this topic... and every forwarder started booting Picross 3D. I deleted the Picross 3D forwarder and... the forwarders still booted it instead of the game they were supposed to boot.

I tried using an Acekard 2i, but now the Forwarder3DS program refuses to open most of my games, and some of those that are opened by it either display a blank icon or have completely messed up titles. Yesterday everything was working as intended! I'm about to give up on this and just use my flashcart as always, until DS ROM booting from the 3DS microSD card is implemented :(

Edit: Tried on a different PC. I get the same results with Forwarder3DS. I don't know why it's not working now when it was yesterday. I'm just giving up on this...

Last edited by Goloki,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you update the FAQ and a9 speed boost?
Any more I should add?
I'm also having some issues with the R4i Gold RTS. I created a first forwarder (Picross 3D) to test the waters and see if it was working as intended, although it didn't have the DS startup screen. Turns out it worked just fine.

Then I created some more forwarders. I tried them all yesterday and everything was working perfectly, with the DS startup screen. But today, I tried to load Dragon Quest IV and it sent me to the flashcarts menu. I updated the files with the new version on the first page of this topic... and every forwarder started booting Picross 3D. I deleted the Picross 3D forwarder and... the forwarders still booted it instead of the game they were supposed to boot.

I tried using an Acekard 2i, but now the Forwarder3DS program refuses to open most of my games, and some of those that are opened by it either display a blank icon or have completely messed up titles. Yesterday everything was working as intended! I'm about to give up on this and just use my flashcart as always, until DS ROM booting from the 3DS microSD card is implemented :(

Edit: Tried on a different PC. I get the same results with Forwarder3DS. I don't know why it's not working now when it was yesterday. I'm just giving up on this...
Does 3ds'sd:/_wfwd/lastsave.ini still have the Picross 3D ROM path after launching a different forwarder?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out if you run a forwarder more than once on R4i Gold RTS it corrupts the nds file?
Same issue here... It also doesn't load the save data properly, nor write to it. I'm assuming it tries to save the save data to the NDS file or something? I dunno.
@Robz8 Has this been fixed?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issue here... It also doesn't load the save data properly, nor write to it. I'm assuming it tries to save the save data to the NDS file or something? I dunno.
I tried fixing globalsettings.ini in the __rpg, _nfwd, and _wfwd folders. Try redownloading the pack.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried fixing globalsettings.ini in the __rpg, _nfwd, and _wfwd folders. Try redownloading the pack.
No luck. Still doesn't load saves, still corrupts the ROM.

I noticed you changed the save format in the settings to .sav (from .nds.sav) so I did rename my savs accordingly.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
This seems to be the same problem as the one on the ak2i. The cause might be the same, so if you (@Robz8) ever manage to solve it on the r4i gold rts please try applying the same changes for the ak2i pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw