Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

InfiniteX7

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, does this work for the R4i Gold 3DS Plus? It's not listed in the flashcards list.
It should work since the R4i Gold 3DS Plus is basically the same as the R4i Gold RTS (which is listed) but with a NTRboot loader switch. If you installed the wood kernel from the official website there should be no problem.

Reactions: ChickenCannibalism

ChickenCannibalism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Since it'll be the flashcard that reads the saves, yes.
Alright, thank you. Just two more questions.
1. For the R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4i Gold 3DS Plus pack, there are multiple "for Slot-1 microSD" folders. I suppose I should choose the (R4iDSN, R4i Gold RTS - Forwarder CIAs only) folder? Since I'm not using TWiLight Menu++.
2. For downloading the latest version of TWiLight Menu++, does it matter which version I download? There are multiple versions, and it didn't specify which version to download in the guide.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you. Just two more questions.
1. For the R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS/R4i Gold 3DS Plus pack, there are multiple "for Slot-1 microSD" folders. I suppose I should choose the (R4iDSN, R4i Gold RTS - Forwarder CIAs only) folder? Since I'm not using TWiLight Menu++.
2. For downloading the latest version of TWiLight Menu++, does it matter which version I download? There are multiple versions, and it didn't specify which version to download in the guide.
1. Yes.
2. The one with the highest number(s) is the latest version.

Reactions: ChickenCannibalism

ChickenCannibalism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
1. Yes.
2. The one with the highest number(s) is the latest version.
upload_2021-2-15_14-36-48.png

My bad, I mean there are different versions like so. Do I choose the flashcard version?

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-15_14-36-40.png
    upload_2021-2-15_14-36-40.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 136

ChickenCannibalism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello, I just wanted to say I followed every step and it works! Thank you so much Robz8 for this! For a minute I thought I somehow lost my save data but then I googled and remembered that the Wood R4 kernel only reads .nds.sav files, so I changed the extensions. Pretty sure you can change it to read .sav files too. Thanks again!

Reactions: RocketRobz

Rosenkavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

Having followed every step in every step guide to a T and now being on the cusp of "completing" my LumaCFW N2DSXL, the forwarders for my DS ROMs are all that remain. I have successfully installed and configured TWiLight Menu++ and have used Forwarder 3-DS to some success, but have run up against an obstacle in finalizing my home menu:

I have 99 .nds ROMs on my SD card. I tried importing all 99 of them into Forwarder 3-DS and generating forwarder .cias, which did work...to a point. You see, the "generated -> [timestamp]" folders "blank out" after the first 9 ROMs and no additional forwarder .cias are generated. Yes, I have tried importing fewer ROMs (even a single ROM) into the program. Yes, I have tried clearing the TID fields and re-entering the games' IDs. No matter what I do, the "generated -> [timestamp" folders come out blank after those first 9 ROMs.

Yes, I have read and re-read the FAQ in the OP and sought help elsewhere via Google. I figured that now is the right time to reach out and describe my issue to the greatest extent possible, as I would love to simply generate the rest of the forwarders and not have to splurge on an R4 card.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rosenkavalier,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

Having followed every step in every step guide to a T and now being on the cusp of "completing" my LumaCFW N2DSXL, the forwarders for my DS ROMs are all that remain. I have successfully installed and configured TWilight Menu++ and have used Forwarder 3-DS to some success, but have run up against an obstacle in finalizing my home menu:

I have 99 .nds ROMs on my SD card. I tried importing all 99 of them into Forwarder 3-DS and generating forwarder .cias, which did work...to a point. You see, the "generated -> [timestamp]" folders "blank out" after the first 9 ROMs and no additional forwarder .cias are generated. Yes, I have tried importing fewer ROMs (even a single ROM) into the program. Yes, I have tried clearing the TID fields and re-entering the games' IDs. No matter what I do, the "generated -> [timestamp" folders come out blank after those first 9 ROMs.

Yes, I have read and re-read the FAQ in the OP and sought help elsewhere via Google. I figured that now is the right time to reach out and describe my issue to the greatest extent possible, as I would love to simply generate the rest of the forwarders and not have to splurge on an R4 card.

Thanks!
First of all, you cannot have over 40 DSiWare titles. (The forwarders count as DSiWare.)
Second, if you already tried shortening the ROM, and gotten the same issue, your best bet is to just use TWiLight Menu++ to play all of your ROMs.

Reactions: fmkid

Rosenkavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I see - of course, the forwarders count as DSiWare titles even though they're normal DS games (I do have a handful of actual DSiWare titles, though). You're right then - I'm best off just booting them through TWiLight Menu or getting an R4 card. TWiLight Menu is great for AP patching every ROM individually, though. :)

Reactions: RocketRobz

Epzilon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used this program before, but I'm getting the top black issue when attempting to put games on now. my .nds files are on my 3DS's microSD card. I'm thinking maybe the issue is I'm attempting to generate the .cia via the microSD Managment feature of the 3DS instead of a USB microSD reader, but I don't have mine at the moment. The only thing I can think of is editing the game path manually, but I wouldn't really know what to have it as.

An example path I'm getting is /3DS-5111/microSD/_nds/Game_Name.nds
With 3DS-5111 being the name of my 3DS on the network.

Last edited by Epzilon,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used this program before, but I'm getting the top black issue when attempting to put games on now. my .nds files are on my 3DS's microSD card. I'm thinking maybe the issue is I'm attempting to generate the .cia via the microSD Managment feature of the 3DS instead of a USB microSD reader, but I don't have mine at the moment. The only thing I can think of is editing the game path manually, but I wouldn't really know what to have it as.

An example path I'm getting is /3DS-5111/microSD/_nds/Game_Name.nds
With 3DS-5111 being the name of my 3DS on the network.
Just remove "/3DS-5111/microSD/".
Also, if you plan on using TWiLight Menu++, then you should keep the ROMs out of the "_nds" folder.

joshuacode751

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Older version of nds bootstrap seems to load the game much faster and there is no bootstrap animation. I came back and updated the bootstrap, it loads really slow and it shows the nds bootstrap. Is there a way to load the game faster and remove the nds bootstrap boot animation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=ESC50o7Vr5sUh71I