NA GBA Ambassador Titles are out!

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this virtualization or emulation, or a both. I'm going with both. It'd helpful to know the inner specs of the 3DS more. :/

Since the communication chip is shutdown completely, maybe 3DS has used two cores to emulate GBA?

What's everyone else's theories?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woke up at 8 This morning to find they were already available. I've never played Fire Emblem before and I enjoy it immensely! I played for over and hour in my bed. :D So glad that I got my 3DS for the reduced price and also made it into the ambassador program ;)

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloaded the little Kirby game...my kids are well over the moon with it...and another nine to go ? Brilliant. Far better than the last offerings IMHO.

However each to their own.

I bought my kids their two 3DS's at £180 each so for me the Ambassador programme is well good value for money.

Nice one Ninty 8)

Reactions: 1 person

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woke up at 8 This morning to find they were already available. I've never played Fire Emblem before and I enjoy it immensely! I played for over and hour in my bed. :D So glad that I got my 3DS for the reduced price and also made it into the ambassador program ;)
you sir have just jumped to the top of my " break their teeth in and make them swallow" list.... paid full price for mine, and you can suck it.... lol , wish i had gotten a deal like that.... i only had to pay 25.00$ for mine though :yaynds: .. only after trading in like 10 wii games..
honestly though i am gonna be playing fire emblem and minish cap for a while... lets hope they can come out with some more good games by then.

Reactions: 3 people

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool I'll load mario kart gba version onto my 3DS but guys, why is everyone nuts over this? It isn't like I couldn't already play all of these games lmao. I still have emulators for NES on various nintendo handhelds, a GBA, a DS phat, flash carts, and a DStwo.

It would have been pretty impressive if they gave 3D remakes of classics for the ambassador program. All of these games are 2D

Call me a complainer if you wish, however I am only pointing out the obvious here guys.
Doesn't it feel better to play the games legally?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't want to seem like a complainer here, especially when it comes to free stuff (or, in this case, "free" stuff), but I'm really put off by the image quality.

Granted this is to be expected. And the colors are great -- very deep and vibrant, better than my Micro and on par with my backlit SP (which, as far as Nintendo goes, is the measuring stick for color IMHO).

But the blurriness of the images, while anticipated, is shockingly bad. Maybe I'm just used to them on the Micro and SP, but since I have all of these games with the exception of F-Zero and Mario Kart, I can't imagine wanting to play them on the 3DS.

Nintendo made fabulous choices, especially after the crappy selection of NES games in the first round, and I'm glad people will get a chance to play these games if they haven't. These are excellent games. But I'll stick with the Micro and SP.

D

Deleted-236924

Cool I'll load mario kart gba version onto my 3DS but guys, why is everyone nuts over this? It isn't like I couldn't already play all of these games lmao. I still have emulators for NES on various nintendo handhelds, a GBA, a DS phat, flash carts, and a DStwo.

It would have been pretty impressive if they gave 3D remakes of classics for the ambassador program. All of these games are 2D

Call me a complainer if you wish, however I am only pointing out the obvious here guys.
'tis the reason why I went with a Flame Red 3DS instead of checking out eBay for ambassador-enabled 3DSes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People feeling stupid for buying the 3DS early... don't. You KNEW the price would drop eventually. Don't be pissed because it's sooner rather than later. And besides, if you're not willing to accept 20 free (21 including Four Swords) games that'd run you at LEAST 80 in the difference, I don't know what to say. Perhaps you should find a different hobby if price drops make you rage. At least Nintendo offered something to make it right, and it's a hell of a something too. These are some of the greatest titles form the NES and GBA library. :P
Because I'm a ambassador, I got 23 free games. (Excite bike and xevious 3d from the ambassador coins)
Some of the game I have not played before and the fact that I got 4 legit zelda games (well 5 if you include zelda oot 3d) on one system, I'm feel with joy.
Come on people, be grateful.

Reactions: 1 person
P

pasc

I will regeret asking, but is it possible to put gba saves on that GBA Games ? I found the saves located in the 3DS Folder...

but replacing it is a baaad idea.

Still, it is awesome to have GBA Games on such a big screen ;)

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I was pleasantly surprised to see it didn't get set back another few days and played some Minish Cap today, loving it :D much more playable than the previous NES Ambassador games.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some anus faced gibbon decided to install some backwards-ass internet security system here at my local library, so even though I'm entitled to wi-fi access with my ID card, my 3DS refuses to connect properly. Nice job, Nintendo. Now if I want to get my Ambassador games I have to walk about 6 miles to the house I was at before I moved to the hostel and steal their wi-fi signal. Fuckin' ace...:/

lmao this post made my day. I dunno what I like better the fact that he said gibbon or the use of rude language with it :D

Doesn't it feel better to play the games legally?

Actually it feels exactly the same.

'tis the reason why I went with a Flame Red 3DS instead of checking out eBay for ambassador-enabled 3DSes.

I recently purchased a flame red 3DS and I like it but the blue one looks prettier. I still have to register it with the big N (they are the TRUE admin guys ;) )

I was pleasantly surprised to see it didn't get set back another few days and played some Minish Cap today, loving it :D much more playable than the previous NES Ambassador games.

I beg to differ. Legend of Zelda is still top notch gaming.

Also guys I was reading in another thread that you can use your nintendo coins to buy a few games off the 3DS channel. So I am going to see if I can fork out some coin for Xevious 3D remake. That will be SO awesome if it works (no I don't know wtf Xevious is besides that it is a f&sl but it looks decent enough. at least someone tried. I did really enjoy excitebike 3ds though :D)

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Just got them all! Pretty sweet! It makes sense, but it's still too bad that closing the system only turns off the screens and sound... And I tried multiplayer on Kirby, since we have two Ambassador 3DS systems in this house, but it just doesn't work... Too sad. I was really hoping for them to incorporate multiplayer, especially since it took SO long for them to release the GBA games at all.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you sir have just jumped to the top of my " break their teeth in and make them swallow" list.... paid full price for mine, and you can suck it.... lol , wish i had gotten a deal like that.... i only had to pay 25.00$ for mine though :yaynds: .. only after trading in like 10 wii games..
honestly though i am gonna be playing fire emblem and minish cap for a while... lets hope they can come out with some more good games by then.

Well I went to Walmart on like August 9th, bought a Cosmo Black 3DS, Zelda 3D, and only paid 180. I'm glad I stuck with the 3DS. Amazing console. I love the shop. And also the NES games were dope. I love playing Zelda and Balloon Fight.

ferofax

End of the World
OP
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
for what it's worth, these games are playable on the Supercard DStwo, but 100% native support is still much much better in my opinion, even though it obviously lacks convenient features like save states and cheating that flashcarts have.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i love the games, i didn't own any of the 20 ambassador games(exept for mario on vc and that i finished zelda 1 on emu)
i'm really satisfied! (fire emblem

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minish cap graphics look like shit! Why did Nintendo go back-words with the graphics? They should of used a LTTP graphics. The ones they did use look like they belong on the gbc or nes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone