Hardware Oldies Others [N64] PicoCart64 - A N64 Flashcart built from a PicoPi

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is really the right direction.
If there are not individuals and companies financial interests behind them in first place, it's the benefit for everyone in the long run.

Does anyone know the exact Cyclone IV FPGA that is used on Everdrive64? I find prices rangin from 25-60$+ depending on the exact model, which the Everdrive manual isn't mentioning.

I hope it will go more into the direction, that you have a little mini computer like a raspberry, that can serve almost all consoles and we don't need specific hardware for every system. I guess there could be one FPGA used for multiple purposes, as most people will only play one console at the same time. :) So maybe yes, have a good expensive FPGA but one is enough.

46neko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AliExpress has started selling a Pico-based flashcard, which I guess is based on this
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK1ewyk
The blurb says it has limitations on the game ROM size and stuff, and it doesn't have any reviews yet, if anyone knows any other source of info or compatibility, would be useful to have
I bought one of these last month and it arrived today! I tested some games and here's the list:

Games that worked:
007 Goldeneye
Bomberman 64
Doom 64 (Vanilla)
Getter Love!! Panda Love Unit (JP w/ English Patch)
Mario Kart 64
Pilotwings 64
Puyo Puyo Sun 64 (JP)
Ronaldinho Soccer 64 (Hack ROM)
Super Mario 64
Wonder Project J2 (JP w/ English Patch)

Games that did not work (either no video signal from the console or black screen):
Custom Robo (JP w/ English Patch)
Diddy Kong Racing
Doom 64 Complete (Hack ROM)
Ganbare Goemon - Dero Dero Douchuu Obake Tenkomori (JP)
Pokemon Stadium 1 (JP)
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six

If anyone got these games to work, please let me know how! All games were NTSC versions tested on a Gradiente console with latest NTSC firmware flashed (picocart64-develop-20240330).

I can test more games, just ask me : )

Overall I am satisfied. Build quality is good and it can run more games than I could buy for the same price, so yay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(