Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harakiri23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, aint gonna happend - only if nintendo puts them into their online ship and recompiles them especially for the 3DS.

The 3DS is simply not powerful enough - there is already an ARM based n64 emulator which plays pretty good on my pandora (http://openpandora.org/) - however for most games i have to overclock it to 900-1000mhz (it plays mario 64 perfect, zelda is playable) - and this CPU is far far stronger than the 3DS is, apart from that the control scheme is not good on the 3DS for N64

my advice - get a pandora for all your emulation needs (even plays PSX, snes etc) and 3ds for your DS/3DS needs

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice product (Pandora), I would get one, but this threw me off:
QUOTE said:
The cost for a Pandora that is delivered to you within the next 7 days is 500 USD (without VAT) or approx. 440 EUR (including VAT).
The 3DS is half that, and even though Pandora has an N64 emulator, that thing is not worth $500 by a long shot. I'd buy an iPad over that if I ever get $500 (which isn't likely)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
QUOTE said:
The cost for a Pandora that is delivered to you within the next 7 days is 500 USD (without VAT) or approx. 440 EUR (including VAT).
The 3DS is half that, and even though Pandora has an N64 emulator, that thing is not worth $500 by a long shot. I'd buy an iPad over that if I ever get $500 (which isn't likely)
Even a decent laptop at that price can emulate games very well. I bought mine for just about $300 last year and can play any Playstation games and N64 very well or perfectly....

Harakiri23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
QUOTE said:

you are mistaken - the pandora only costs 500$ if you want it to be delivered NOW (no waiting times for 2nd batch) - the second batch orders start this summer again and it will cost 250 euro
i preordered mine 2 years ago

Harakiri23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Xuphor said:
QUOTE said:
Even a decent laptop at that price can emulate games very well. I bought mine for just about $300 last year and can play any Playstation games and N64 very well or perfectly....

this is a stupid comparsion, first off the pandora costs less than 300$ (only the order now costs more, wait till summer and it will be around 250)
secondly, a laptop is a huge freaking thing compared to the pandora - the pandora is only very slightly larger than a DS!! and has a full keyboard, nubs, controll pad, WLAN, bluetooth, 2 SDHC card slots, usb slots etc

Rekneslon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a psp can emulate the N64 then the more powerful 3DS can as well. The only question is, how long until 3DS mode is hacked and how many people will work on the emulator.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harakiri23 said:
this is a stupid comparsion, first off the pandora costs less than 300$ (only the order now costs more, wait till summer and it will be around 250)
secondly, a laptop is a huge freaking thing compared to the pandora - the pandora is only very slightly larger than a DS!! and has a full keyboard, nubs, controll pad, WLAN, bluetooth, 2 SDHC card slots, usb slots etc
Why buy a small DS sized "computer" when you can buy a decent gaming based computer? I understand your point on portability, but I would stay at home where I have consistent internet and power.
smile.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering the fact that Ocarina of Time is being re-made for the 3DS, I'd say it is poweful enough to run those sort of games. However, emulating original N64 games is not the same as running re-makes of those games.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
Considering the fact that Ocarina of Time is being re-made for the 3DS, I'd say it is poweful enough to run those sort of games. However, emulating original N64 games is not the same as running re-makes of those games.
On that note the same could have been said for the DS. It had Mario 64 remade at release. But as you said, emulation and remaking are two different things.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm playing Mario 64 wich works really well, so yes i can imagine playing some Banjo and Kazooie on this toy wich already attracks me more now than the ds ever had. Let's hope a decent N64 emulator will come out but in the near future we might be able to download them as wads wich would be even better.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You fail man!

1. You revived an old thread
2. You neglected to read the thread
3. You should be banned based on your way of thinking.

this WAS a thread discussing the possibility of emulating n64 on a hypothetically hacked 3ds.
that and virtual console 3ds will only have hand held games for the time being.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone