Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hm, for me is strange, I tried to inject a Super Mario Bros 3 ROM USA into the Super Mario Bros VC title, but it always crash when I'm replacing the file in the 10502250 RAM part, Is anyone with this problem? or does someone know how to solve it? Thanks :D .

EDIT: Yeah, this happends even if I try to inject a SNES game using the FIX94 injecter :( .
isnt smb3 bigger than smb?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, for me is strange, I tried to inject a Super Mario Bros 3 ROM USA into the Super Mario Bros VC title, but it always crash when I'm replacing the file in the 10502250 RAM part, Is anyone with this problem? or does someone know how to solve it? Thanks :D .

EDIT: Yeah, this happends even if I try to inject a SNES game using the FIX94 injecter :( .

Are you injecting ROMs bigger than the VC ROMs themselves? If so, that's why.

Which ROM are you injecting? And which base are you using?

Here are my test results for reference
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zkEVeulpUzFIC7Qqeset45WVeiHPnINMkEwo1TnzMds/edit?usp=sharing

Why are you using that app to inject NES though? I thought it was only for Snes?

Probably, this affects in injecting? , I know if it shows a black screen it isn't compatible, but it crash in the 20% in the transfer part....

That's why, you can't inject ROMs bigger than the base you use. You have to use Caffiine for other ROMs, but for Snes, only use Fix94's app.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
isnt smb3 bigger than smb?
Probably, this affects in injecting? , I know if it shows a black screen it isn't compatible, but it crash in the 20% in the transfer part....

@the_randomizer
Well, in the NES part we know in that case that SMB is smaller than SMB3 so that's why it crashed, I didn't know that the ROM had to be smaller than the original, sorry about that :/ .

In the SNES part I'm using Super Mario World as base rom and Yoshi's Island as the custom one.

Last edited by Goku Junior,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
might also be that nes games (or at least Zelda 2) starts at 10503050 (not including the VC header that is also included on snes games but isn't essential for injections to work)

not only that if its the same as the 3DS nes roms nintendo use their own NES header so you would need to figure out how their headers are mapped out to adjust scene roms to work with nes VC......actually the wiiu nes header looks suspiciously similar to the normal scene headers

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
well for some reasons I didn't had the time to try nor buy anything on my WiiU :(

I had a call for the job so I haven't had the time to do anything

Sorry about that guys :P I will get back to this once I get some more free time.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wellllll.nes injection works....but its a bit of a pain in the arse, you have to upload PRG and CHR separately into ram....even though there is another instance of the whole rom together in ram the one used by the system is split up
DSCN4956.jpg

anyone wanting to have a go of it PRG is at 0x10BC83F0 and CHR is at 0x10DC83F0....this is where it is with zelda 2 anyway i dont have any other NES VC to see if its the same across all games, and i only tested snakes revenge as it also uses 128kb CHR&PRG.....i dont know if trying to inject bigger roms will work

ok tested a few more, zelda 1 worked, castlvania 2 worked,metroid works, smb 3 didn't (wasn't really expecting it to as it uses mmc3 mapper and is bigger than zelda 2)

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
wellllll.nes injection works....but its a bit of a pain in the arse, you have to upload PRG and CHR separately into ram....even though there is another instance of the whole rom together in ram the one used by the system is split up
DSCN4956.jpg

anyone wanting to have a go of it PRG is at 0xBC83F0 and CHR is at 0xDC83F0....this is where it is with zelda 2 anyway i dont have any other NES VC to see if its the same across all games, and i only tested snakes revenge as it also uses 128kb CHR&PRG.....i dont know if trying to inject bigger roms will work

ok tested a few more, zelda 1 worked, castlvania 2 worked,metroid works, smb 3 didn't (wasn't really expecting it to as it uses mmc3 mapper and is bigger than zelda 2)
Nice work! :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyone wanting to have a go of it PRG is at 0xBC83F0 and CHR is at 0xDC83F0....this is where it is with zelda 2 anyway i dont have any other NES VC to see if its the same across all games, and i only tested snakes revenge as it also uses 128kb CHR&PRG.....i dont know if trying to inject bigger roms will work

I guess zelda 2 is a somewhat good injection game, I tried kirbys adventure with this method and besides getting the german kirbys adventure file working perfectly nothing else MMC3 mapper related ran. I also tried some games in mario&yoshi (MMC1) and while some started, trying to get ingame results in something like this (supposed to be metroid btw):
IMG_20151003_214958522.jpg

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess zelda 2 is a somewhat good injection game, I tried kirbys adventure with this method and besides getting the german kirbys adventure file working perfectly nothing else MMC3 mapper related ran. I also tried some games in mario&yoshi (MMC1) and while some started, trying to get ingame results in something like this (supposed to be metroid btw):
I dunno man that looks TOTALLY playable to me

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lol you dont want to see smb2 on zelda 2 as a base :P

its best to test games with a similar config, so same PRG size and same CHR or smaller seem to work good....if i had more games to test with we might be able to find the actual settings, good to see the offsets are the same at least

oh and most importantly the same mapper

this list is good for finding matches or close matches
http://tuxnes.sourceforge.net/nesmapper.txt

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
good to see the offsets are the same at least
oh they are not, so far my list is this (using tcpgecko to quickly find them):
kirby
10c616e4=prg
10e616e4=chr
mario&yoshi
10BCFBE4=prg
10DCFBE4=chr
donkey kong
10BA70FC=prg
10DA70FC=chr
also enjoy this little clip of NES ROM Injection:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
oh they are not, so far my list is this (using tcpgecko to quickly find them):
kirby
10c616e4=prg
10e616e4=chr
mario&yoshi
10BCFBE4=prg
10DCFBE4=chr
donkey kong
10BA70FC=prg
10DA70FC=chr
ahh i just noticed i had forgot to add the 0x10BC83F0 to my offsets, but yeah looks like you have a fair few to play with :) we could probably figure out what would be the best one for injections.....but tbh i don't see NES injections being so popular because of the limitations

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ahh i just noticed i had forgot to add the 0x10BC83F0 to my offsets, but yeah looks like you have a fair few to play with :) we could probably figure out what would be the best one for injections.....but tbh i don't see NES injections being so popular because of the limitations
Did you try gba injection?

This one hasn't been tested I think

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* Guess my proposal for another VC ROM injection program like Snesinject is a shitty idea after all. I feel obliged to apologize to @FIX94 for wasting his time with it. I'd love to test other VC systems, I really would, but the method doing so makes no sense to me.

Did you try gba injection?

This one hasn't been tested I think

I have two GBA games, Mario and Luigi as well as Golden sun, and one DS game, Partners in Time, however, I have no freaking idea how to inject them since there's no easy way.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
*Sigh* Guess my proposal for another VC ROM injection program like Snesinject is a shitty idea after all. I feel obliged to apologize to @FIX94 for wasting his time with it. I'd love to test other VC systems, I really would, but the method doing so makes no sense to me.

I have two GBA games, Mario and Luigi as well as Golden sun, and one DS game, Partners in Time, however, I have no freaking idea how to inject them since there's no easy way.
If you could get a full ram dump from them all, and fsa dump from partner in time, i'll be glad to give it a look :)

currently have no money (blame home rent and internet bill haha) so I cannot buy eshop games until thurstday :D

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg