Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd have no idea where to start on the config :P. If you have a few saved, mind posting them for the rest of us to test?
I do have some I made. but nintendo made many for us already :)

just look at the gameid (u1234.rom.ini for exemple). it is the corresponding game.

some ini are commented too for betger readability :P

qill post some of mine tonight after work ;)

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Hey,

N64 & DS VC games injection is working on Wii U 5.3.2!!!

A guy successfully injected Super Mario 64 DS on a DS VC game and Zelda Majora Mask & Banjo Kazooie on DK64 VC game!!!

Nintendo used .z64 N64 roms into their VC games xD
So you just have to replace the rom with a new one in the game using Cafiine
A tutorial will come very soon.

I found this information on a french website: http://www.logic-sunrise.com/news-816414-wii-u-injection-de-jeux-virtual-console-aussi-532.html
I did this with DS a few days ago already...
https://twitter.com/EpicLPer/status/644869229104234496
https://twitter.com/EpicLPer/status/644871518841872384

Reactions: the_randomizer

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Brain Training in all ways sufficient for DS ROM injection as long as the configuration file is replaced by one like this?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
you should have probably mention the regions, like golneney only jap version works.
right. but after further attempts. using the japanese rom header over perfect dark and yoshi's story made them working, for some reasons.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right. but after further attempts. using the japanese rom header over perfect dark and yoshi's story made them working, for some reasons.

I bet you know the answer to my question just above. I want to know if I should buy a different DS VC game while the spoof works, or if Brain Training with a replaced configuration file (for all available layouts) is all I need for maximum compatibility injection?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I bet you know the answer to my question just above. I want to know if I should buy a different DS VC game while the spoof works, or if Brain Training with a replaced configuration file (for all available layouts) is all I need for maximum compatibility injection?
i heard from some that newer games has a diferent rom file format. so I guess you better stick to brain age (brain training) for instant replacement working.

I think I will get an uncompatible (rom.zip) just for the fun of it hehe

Reactions: galneon

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i heard from some that newer games has a diferent rom file format. so I guess you better stick to brain age (brain training) for instant replacement working.

I think I will get an uncompatible (rom.zip) just for the fun of it hehe
my brain age is .zip :(
whether its a EU vs US thing, or just that if you download it now from the eshop you get a updated version idk

Reactions: VinsCool

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post, I know, sue me.

What are the VC titles to get right now for VC injection? @VinsCool, you mentioned config files are updated in newer games, but I also read that DS games are using a new ZIP format. I don't care about DS since I have a card for that already, but what about the other types of VC titles? Will injection still work, and if so does anyone know what the newest titles are for the newest config files for other games?

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I know VC injection works but I just think it's not as handy... Emulators on PCs are a better choice I guess for those who really want to emulate their old games :) Just for those who "want to buy stuff just for this" so far.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know VC injection works but I just think it's not as handy... Emulators on PCs are a better choice I guess for those who really want to emulate their old games :) Just for those who "want to buy stuff just for this" so far.

Emulators are more authentic in Wii mode IMHO, because they're easier to config (less fine tuning required than a PC emulator), look better on a TV screen and just feel more legit :P Besides, Snes9x Next is more accurate than Nintendo's.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm the opposite of most here. I couldn't care less about N64 or other home platforms as I can emulate them on a more powerful system (PC) with more options and greater flexibility. I have several DSs, but I see the Wii U as potentially the best way to play any DS game as I don't care about portability. It surprises me that most of the focus here is on N64.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Vinscool dont forget you you dump your sin and punishment vc(if you buy it) to send us a link i want to see the ninis and patch stuff too :P

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hm, for me is strange, I tried to inject a Super Mario Bros 3 ROM USA into the Super Mario Bros VC title, but it always crash when I'm replacing the file in the 10502250 RAM part, Is anyone with this problem? or does someone know how to solve it? Thanks :D .

EDIT: Yeah, this happends even if I try to inject a SNES game using the FIX94 injecter :( .

Last edited by Goku Junior,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM